The Sunrise

Forbidden Love

It started getting dark just as the first stop on the trip came into view. Kogyeol breathed a sigh of relief. He was starting to get tired and hungry and was excited about the prospect of a bed.


When they arrived at the inn Bit-to and Wei went to bring the horses to the stable while Kuhn and Kogyeol went to secure them some rooms.


"Your majesty, it is an honor to have you staying here with us"
"Oh please, the honor is all mine. Now how much do I owe you for the rooms?"
"It is on the house sire, you being here is enough payment"
"Nonsense, I insist. I do not want any special treatment. I am here to meet the people, not take things from them."
"How kind of you"


Kogyeol paid the inn keeper thanking him again for his kindness. They waited for Bit-to and Wei to come back and headed to their rooms.


"It really doesn't feel right having a room to myself while the three of you have to cream into one"


"Kogyeol please I've told you, we take turns with watch anyway, even here.it's really not a bother at all."


Wei took first watch tonight seeing up in the hallway between the two rooms. Kogyeol still felt guilty but settled into his room anyway.
------------
The Prince awoke early, having trained himself to wake up before the sun. He wandered into the hall hoping that Sir Kuhn would be on watch. He knew he really shouldn't be hoping for it but he just can't help how he feels. Lucky for him he finds just the man he is looking for it in the hallway. 


"Up early again my Prince?" Kuhn's deep voice music to Kogyeol's ears.  There is something about the way that Kuhn says my Prince that makes his heart flutter.  He wants only Kuhn to call him that, it made him feel like he belonged to him.  He realized he was being silly, there was no way he would ever belong to the knight, his knight.


"I am indeed," Kogyeol replied, trying to keep the butterflies at bay, "I saw a hill outback that I think would be great for watching the sunrise-would you care to join me?"


"Of course-let me just tell the others where we are going so they aren't worried."


The two walked out to the hill walking close enough to bump their shoulders together. They took a seat at the top of the hill.  Kogyeol was awestruck.


"You can see the whole town from here. The lights look like stars. It's so beautiful!"


"Yeah, it is beautiful" Kuhn replied but he wasn't looking at the village, he was starting at the beautiful man next to him.


Kogyeol could feel Kuhn starting at him, it made his heart flutter and his ears turn red. He turned to look at his knight. They held eye contact, silently looking at each other. Downing in each other's eyes.


They started leaning closer and closer. Both men could feel their hearts beating out of their chests. They were just mere centimeters away, Kogyeol decided to just do it just close the gap, what's the worst that could happen?


"HEY YOU TWO, WE NEED TO START GETTING READY TO MEET THE PEOPLE!" 


Kogyeol was really starting to dislike Wei, no matter how good their conversations are.

 

-------

A/N

This was a short chapter. This was originally part of the last chapter and ended differently...this just felt more right. I know what you are thinking...SO CLOSE JUST KISS ALREADY...but hold tight my little honey bees....things are starting to pick up in the next chapter!