The People

Forbidden Love

"Hey you two, time to get ready to meet the people" Wei yelled.


That was close he thought to himself. He was going to have to come up with a plan to make sure those two aren't left alone.
------------------
"I suppose he is right my Prince, you have a long day ahead of you - we should start getting ready." Kuhn said, slightly annoyed by his loudmouth friend.


Kogyeol sighed, "Yes, of course. Let's head back."


Kuhn stood offering a hand to help the Prince up. They started heading back to the inn. Neither one of them realizing they were still hiding hands.


They parted ways when they reached the Prince's room.


"When you are ready we can go down and get some breakfast and go over the plan for the day." Kuhn tells the Prince before walking to his room.


Kogyeol walks into his room. He rummaged through his trunk trying to find the perfect outfit - all the while not being able to wipe the smile off his face.
-------------------
"What the heck was that about?"Wei scolds Kuhn when he walks in the room.


"What are you talking about?"


"What were you two doing on the hill? I thought you weren't getting too close..." Bit-to lectures his friend.


"He wanted to watch the sunrise, was I supposed to let him go off by himself? And I promise I am not getting too close..."


"Oh really, from what I could see, neither of you were looking at the sunrise." Wei shot back.


"I don't know what your talking about" Kuhn fidgeted feeling a little guilty.


"Look, it might be a good idea if we limit the amount of time you two spend alone." Bit-to suggests.


"I really don't think it's necessary. I will be able to focus just fine."


The three knights were interrupted by a soft knock on the door. Kuhn opened it to a smiling Prince at the door. He was taken aback by the sight. The Prince was wearing a flowing satin shirt, simple brown pants and had his hair brushed up and back. It was simple but breath taking. Ok maybe Kuhn didn't have his feelings under control...but he couldn't bear to spend any less time with the Prince than he already does so he has to keep it together.


"Come on in, we are almost ready to go" it took all he had for Kuhn to keep his voice steady.


"Thank you"


"How did you sleep?" Bit-to asked the Prince while gather the last of the needed materials for the day.


"Very well, how about you?"


"Well thank you."


"Are you ready for today?" Kuhn asked his Prince.


"I'm nervous. I've never met so any people at once, and I mean I have been trained in public speaking but I have never actually spoken to more than my family...what if I mess up?"


"You will be amazing" Kuhn kept the "you always are" to himself. "You were born to do this."


"I told you, there is no way they won't love you," Wei replied back.


Kogyeol's stomach growled at that moment.


"Let's get you fed" Kuhn laughed.
------------
The four men are breakfast and made plans for how the day would go.


At eleven they made their way to the village square. Kogyeol made his way up to the makeshift stage. He still had butterflies in his stomach but was ready to introduce himself to the people.


"Hello everyone. I am Prince Kogyeol. I wanted to come out to meet everyone. My father and I are committed to making sure that everyone in the kingdom is happy. I will be making my way through the village today. Please feel free to address any concerns or even just say hello. Thank you."


The People applauded the prince as they went back to their normal activities.


Kogyeol and his guard made their way through town. They went door to door talk I ng to the people. Kogyeol took note of any issues that people brought up. He was pleasantly surprised at how freely the conversations flowed. No one seemed too nervous or intimidated and he genuinely enjoyed speaking with the people.
-------
The Prince and the three knights had finished their rounds. They were finally back at the inn and finishing up their dinner. Kogyeol tried - unsuccessfully - to stifle a big yawn.


"My Prince, you have had quite a long day, you must be exhausted."


"I am quite tired, but I am just so happy with how today went. I am looking forward to the rest of this trip." Kogyeol again tried unsuccessfully to hide another yawn.


Kuhn smiled at the Prince fondly. "He is too cute," he thought to himself.


"Why don't we head up to the rooms. We need to head out early tomorrow morning" Kuhn suggested.


"Alright," the Prince confirmed, "let's head upstairs."
The Prince settled in, falling asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.