The Royal Court

Forbidden Love

"Kogyeol-ah, are you ready to go? You don't want to be late for your first visit to the court do you?" Jinhoo called to his son.

"No Appa, I'm coming, I just wanted to make sure I look perfect!"

"Oh, Kogyeol dear you are always look perfect" Sunyoul added giving his stepson a hug before hooking their elbows together.

"Thank you Appa, I'm just nervous. What if they don't like me. I mean I am going to be their leader one day, I want to be someone they respect and look up to."

"They will love you son. You have grown into a fine young man, there is no way they could not love you!" Jinhoo added, giving his son a smile.

"APPAS APPAS, CAN WE COME TOO?" Yelled Xiao, the cupcake maknae as he ran towards the two Kings. He was trailed by his older brother Hwanhee, dragging his favorite blanket behind him.

"I'm sorry Xiao baby, not this time. I know you want to help, but this time you need to need to stay here with your brother. We won't be too long!" Jinhoo answered giving g the youngest a pat on the head.

"But Kogyeol gets to gooooo." Hwanhee whines stomping his foot.

"I know baby, but Kogyeol is older, it's time for him to learn how to run the court. Your day will come soon my little Princes!" Sunyoul reassures the two youngest.

The three older boys said goodbye to the two pouting youngest and made their way to the main hall to meet their subjects.

Kogyeol was excited. This would be his first time meeting the people.  It's something that he has dreamed about for as long as he can remember.  He can't help but be a little nervous as well.  What if the people don't like him, what if he does or says something wrong? He took a deep breath and placed a smile on his face as they entered the hall. The people were all standing against the wall bowing to the three Royals as they entered to take their place on their thrones.

Kogyeol took his seat, eagerly listening to the proceedings, making sure to note everything his father did and said.  It didn't take long for Kogyeol to grow bored. After the first four people to bring their grievances and requests to the family, Kogyeol began to drift. He was leaning on his hand day dreaming about a book he had recently read when he heard a commotion that snapped him back to attention.

The big wood doors opened and a line of men in the brightest shining armor made their way into the hall. Kogyeol recognised them as the Knights of the kingdom.  He had only ever seen them from afar, riding out of the castle on their missions.  He had always dreamed of going on a mission with them, but he knew he would never get the chance because he was Royalty, too precious to go on missions. 

The men made their way to the front of the hall, standing at attention until given the signal by Jinhoo that they were free to remain at rest.

"Ah, Sir Kuhn, I'm glad to see you and the men have returned safely! Please, tell me how did everything go?" Jinhoo addressed the Knight closest to the Throne.

The Knight took off his helmet and took a step forward with a bow.  When he stood back up Kogyeol's mouth dropped.  The Knights, Sir Kuhn, had to be the most beautiful man be had ever seen.  His brown eyes sparkled as he shot a crooked smile at the King before regaling him with the details of their mission.  As he finished his story he turned towards Kogyeol. Their eyes locked and Kogyeol's heart melted. He was a puddle of goo. He had never seen someone so handsome in his life. Before he got the chance to react, th Knight turned towards him with a low bow.

"Your Majesty" Kuhn addressed him with his deep voice. Kogyeol's heart fluttered, he didn't know what was happening to him. What he did know was that he was drawn to the Knight, he needed to get closer to him, to hear that deep voice, to look into his brown eyes. Kogyeol was too busy daydreaming about the tall Knight to notice that his two fathers were mentioning for him to stand to make their leave.

"Kogyeol-ah, where is your head? It's time to make our leave" Jinhoo addressed his daydreaming son.

With a small shake of his head, Kogyeol stood, following his father's towards the door.  Before leaving he looked back and saw the Knight looking straight at him, he had a hard time standing on his feet as he made his way out of the hall. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

AN

Hello hello readers!

I hope you like it so far...this is my first fic so let me know what you think!

I don't know how long this story will be....I know it will at least have a few chapters.

Shout out to my first few subscribers!