The Assignment

Forbidden Love

Kogyeol couldn't catch his breath. He knew he needed to to tell the whole days event to his best friend or he was going to explode. He yelled to his dad's that he was going to visit Wooshin and ran off down the halls of the castle.

He and Wooshin had been friends as long as he could remember, they pretty much grew up together and Kogyeol knew he could trust him with his life. He burst through the door of his best friends room.

"Woosataaaaannn" he yelled for his best friend. Whooshing had earned that nickname from the massive amount of trouble he managed to get the two of them into and out of.

"Yah! What's with all the yelling...and bursting in here without knocking for that matter?" Whooshing replied to his winded friend.

"I. Have. Something. Important. To. Tell. You" Kogyeol painted trying to catch his breath.

"Well spit it out...I don't have all day to sit here and listen to you" an impatient Wooshin answered.

"What could you possibly be up to that is more important than your nearest friend hm?" Kogyeol retorted giving his best angel face possible.

"Oh whatever...just spill it already!"

"Well, I was in the Great hall for my first meeting...starting to daze off...damn those meetings are boring...anyway...so I was dating off and then all of a sudden the Knights came marching in having just returned from an important mission. I am not too sure what they were talking about because I am pretty sure I saw an angel. Ugh that head Knight, Sir Kuhn, what a dream. He has the most perfectly crooked smile, it just made me melt like a puddle. When Appa finally snapped me out of it we had to leave, and I turned right before they shut the hall doors, and he was looking straight at me. I swear my legs turned to jelly."

Whooshing just sat there trying to process everything that was coming out of his best friends mouth at an alarming speed.

"Oh my, look at that, my innocent little Kogyeol has a crush. Oh they grow up so fast." Whooshing had a flair for the dramatics

"Yah! I'm older than you are! But don't you see the issue with what I am telling you?"

"What could possibly be the issue? Do you not think you can work up the nerve to talk to him?"

"No ya dummy, he's a Knight, the code strictly states that he is only allowed to communicate with me on kingdom related issues."

"Oh...yeah that...but I mean look how far this kingdom has come since your 2 Appa's have taken over...or do you think that it has always been acceptable to have 2 KINGS! Clearly not every law is unchangeable. I'm sure we can figure a way around it."

"Ya know...this is why I keep you around...you give some pretty decent advice Woosatan. Any way...I'll let you get back to what you were doing...I kinda ran here in a hurry."

 

---------

The next day Kogyeol was pulled into Jinhoo's office to discuss important matters.

"Hello Appa, you wanted to see me?" Kogyeol bowed to his father as he entered the office.

"Ah yes my boy, come take a seat. I want to discuss something with you."

"Yes Appa" Kogyeol took a seat across from his father.

"What I wanted to discuss with you was the preparation for you taking over the Kingdom. It's something I ever got to do but always wished I had. I want you to get to know the people, and not just in the hall, even I know it's not the most entertaining place to set people." Jinhoo laughed

"What do you mean Appa" Kogyeol inquired.

"I mean I want you to travel to all the villages and meet the people in their natural habitat if you will. Shake hands, talk to them, face to face, on the same level on them...not looking down on them. The more the people trust you the easier it is to lead them." Jinhoo explained to his puzzled son.

"Oh Appa, that sounds great. I would love to do that, get my face out there and show them that the royal family genuinely cares about the people."

"Excellent! Now we can't just have you roaming about the Kingdom on your own! I have sent for Sir Kuhn, I will explain the plan, and ask him for some knights to accompany you throughout the kingdom"

Kogyeol froze at the mention of Sir Kuhn, just the name made his heart beat faster. It sped up even more when he heard a knock at the door.

"Ah, that must be him now. COME IN!" Sir Kuhn enter and gave a bow to the two already inhabiting the room.

"Good Afternoon your Highness and Your Majesty"

"Good Afternoon Sir Kuhn. Please come in. I have a very important mission to discuss with you." Jinhoo explained what the plan was to Sir Kuhn, all the while Kogyeol sat there trying not to drool over the angel sitting next to him.

"...so you see, we need some men to accompany my son on his journey...someone who knows the Kingdom and can make sure to protect my Kogyeol as well."

"Yes Sir, I will be sure to put my best men on it!"

"I knew I could count on you Sir Kuhn. Now go and prepare whomever is embarking on this Journey. You leave in three days time."

"Yes Sir" Kuhn bowed again before turning and heading out the door.

"There you have it son. You better start preparing yourself. You will be on the road in three days time."

Kogyeol finally managed to pull himself together to get out a "Yes Appa", before bowing and heading to his room to begin packing.

-----

"What did the King want?" Wei asked as soon as Kuhn returned to the barracks

"He gave us a very special mission."

"What is it this time? Do you need me to round up the Knights so you can brief us?" Bit-to asked

"Nope. I told him I would put our best Knights on this....which means we need to start packing our travel packs...we are accompanying the Prince through the Kingdom" Kuhn replied with his crooked smile peaking through

"Does that really need to be a job for the three top Knights? It seems like something even the new recruits could handle" Wei shot back...He was never really one to be itching to go on new missions...sometimes he just wanted to stay home and relax.

"Of course it's not a job for the town three Knights," Bit-to shot back, "But did you see the way Kuhn here was looking at the Prince during court....he's got it bad man...He wouldn't let any of the recruits within 5 feet of the Prince"

"I do not have it bad...but you do have one thing right...those new recruits will not go near Prince Kogyeol as long as I am around. Pack your bags boys, we leave in three days."

~~~~~~

A/N Hello my subscribers! Oh how you have grown in number! I know I am the absolute worst at the whole updating thing! TBH I'll give you an explanation...but it's really just excuses. I was doing pretty well but then I took the weekend off for the Shinee fan meet in Chicago...which was amazing! And then when I got back I wrote this whole chapter...lost internet connection...and lost the whole chapter. So I got discouraged...and then lazy...but with all of the new followers and comments...and the amount of Kuhngyeol moments happening I decided to get back into it. Hopefully there will be more frequent updates from here out! I hope you enjoy it so far!