The start of the Journey

Forbidden Love

They started out on their journey. Kogyeol was in awe. It's not that he never left the - he just never left the castle grounds.

 

This was a whole new world for him - and they had only 10 minutes outside of the palace grounds.

"This is amazing."

"This is just the beginning your majesty. The is a truly beautiful place." Sir Kuhn replied Kogyeol's amazement.

 

"Please call me Kogyeol. Your majesty is too formal..." Kogyeol responded. He was used to the title in court and at formal events, but in his everyday life he was just plain Kogyeol.

"Oh, your majesty...I couldn't do that, it wouldn't be proper." Kuhn responded.

"No, no...I insist...I don't think it's improper. Please-I only get called your majesty at public events. I really prefer to be called Kogyeol" the Prince tried his hardest to convince the knight. He wasn't sure why it was so important to him.

"If that is your wish Maj....uh, I mean Kogyeol. Sorry it is going to be hard to break that habit." Kuhn laughed nervously. This was against the code, but there was just something about the Prince, he would do anything for him.

 

----

Wei and Bit-to hung back. Bit-to watched Kuhn and the Prince closely.

"This is bad," Bit-to whispered to Wei.

"What do you mean?"

"Really Wei, you are so dense sometimes. Can't you see the way Kuhn is looking at the Prince? Put that with the way he was acting this morning and it all makes sense." Bit-to scoffed at his friend.

"What makes sense?"

Bit-to just shook his head.

"Honestly how do you get dressed by yourself? Kuhn has a crush on the Prince. Which in case you have forgotten-it's kinda against the code"

"Oh, that, yeah I noticed that...but it's clear that the Prince has the hours for Kuhn too. It's pretty obvious."

"You're not the least bit worried are you?"

"Nah, Kuhn is a professional. He won't let anything get in the way of his duties. It will be fine."

"I hope you're right"

 

---

The group has been riding all day. It was starting to get dark and Kogyeol could hear his stomach rumbling. Luckily the sounds of the horses on the path the sound...what it couldn't mask was the jaw cracking yawn he tried hard too stifle.

"Are you tired your Maj-" Kuhn cleared when he was shot a glare from the Prince, "um, Kogyeol"

"More hungry than tired to be honest." Kogyeol replied meekly.

"We can stop up ahead, it's about time to set up camp anyway. You think you can hang in another mile, there is a clearing with good cover ahead."

"Of course," Kogyeol replied just as another loud rumble from his stomach.

Kuhn smirked at the sound.

"Bit-to, Wei!"

"Yes Sir" the two called out.

"We are setting up camp in another mile, in the clearing ahead. I need you two to go ahead and make sure it is clear, and once you are sure it is clear start hunting. Our dear Prince is starving.

Kogyeol blushed again. "Oh, please don't go through any trouble for me."

"Eh, wouldn't be just for you, I'm starving!" Wei retorted, forgetting who he was talking to. That is until he received a smack to either side of head.

"Oh, sorry your majesty, I'm not used to traveling with royalty."

"Just go please" Kuhn said sternly shaking his head.

Kuhn was about to turn around and apologize for his men's actions but he was surprised by the most angelic laugh he had ever heard in his life.

"I like him, he's not all uptight around me. Don't get me wrong, we appreciate all you do to protect us, and that you have a code to follow, but you need to lighten up a bit."

Kuhn smiled at the Prince. He liked seeing him happy and hearing him laugh.

 

It was at that moment Kuhn realized he was in trouble. He was falling go the Prince.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I know I know....it's been too long. I just hadn't been inspired. But I'm back. I can't promise how often I'll be updating...but it should way more often than before haha. Let me know what you think!!