The Departure

Forbidden Love

Kogyeol woke up bright and early.

"Today is the day" he says out loud to himself.

He got up to do a last minute check to make sure he has everything. He had packed light, he knows it's going to be a long journey, but he also knows that there wouldn't be enough room for extra unnecessary supplies. Plus for some reason he felt the need to prove that he could handle himself and that he's not just some spoiled little Prince. He was actually anything but that. Yes he did enjoy luxuries that not many enjoyed, but he didn't just get handed everything. He worked hard at his studies, he learned how to cook, he learned how to do everyday tasks. Both his father's made sure of that, they always told him that there is no such thing as a sure thing. He needed to know how to take care of himself in case anything ever happened.

After double and triple checking his supplies, Kogyeol headed down to meet his family for breakfast. He didn't even make it down the hall before he was attacked by two little munchkins. Hwanhee and Xiao each had a leg.

"HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SURVIVE OUT IN THE WORLD IF YOU DIDNT SEE THIS COMING?" Hwanhee yelled at his brother.

"OH NO HWANHEE, OUR BROTHER IS GOING TO DIE, AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO BE KING, AND BOTH OUR APPAS WILL BE SAD! YOU CAN'T GO KOGYEOL, WE WILL MISS YOU TOO MUCH!" Xiao yelled, probably waking the entire castle.

"Yah ya little monsters! Why are you yelling? I'm not going to die, Sir Kuhn will be with me, and two of the best Knights the castle has to offer. I will be back in a few months, you won't even notice I was gone." He told his two younger brothers.

"Wait you are taking the three best Knights in the castle, oh god, we're gonna die, we won't have anyone to protect us." Hwanhee whines, giving his best puppy dog eyes.

"Yah, you two are so dramatic! Sir Jackson has been put in charge, he will make sure you two are safe! Now let's go and meet our Appas for breakfast."

"No we can't let you go!" Xiao yelled

"Yeah, if we don't let go you can't leave!" Hwanhee responded.

"Aish, you two little monsters, alright, hang on tight, it might be a bumpy ride." Kogyeol told the two monkeys on his leg and started his way down the stairs the best he could.

------

"Kuhn, man, your killing us right now. It's going to be a long journey, couldn't you have let us sleep in a little?" Wei complained to his friend.

"Yah, it's Sir when we are doing work, and no I couldn't let you sleep in. We have to make sure everything is all set for the journey." Kuhn responded to his tired friend.

"But, SIR," Bit-to made sure to emphasize the sir part, "we double and triple checked everything last night"

"Yes, but this isn't just Knights going out on a mission, we are accompanying a PRINCE, on his mission. He is used to luxury, we need to make sure there is enough room for everything he needs, and that we will be able to protect him no matter what." Kuhn replied, annoyed that he even had to clear any of this up.

"And it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that you are in love with the Prince or anything" Wei muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" Kuhn asked his friend.

"Huh, oh nothing, nothing," Wei responded, knowing better than to repeat what he had just said.

"Yeah sure, why don't you two go grab breakfast, I'll do the last check and check in with Sir Jackson and Sir Mark." Kuhn told the two Knights.

"Yeah, ok, we will see you later" Bit-to replied. Kuhn shook his head as he watched his two best friends walk away.

"How am I friends with those two idiots?"

"You know a lot of us wonder the same thing" Kuhn heard Sir Jackson laugh behind him.

"I don't think anyone will ever know" Kuhn replied, "how are you this morning Sir Jackson?"

"I'm doing well how about you Sir?"

"I'm doing well, just making sure everything is all set for the trip. Speaking of which, are you and Sir Mark all set with everything for while we are gone?"

"Yes Sir! I mean we learned from the best, so how could we not be? We have already spoken to Sir JaeBum Sir Youngjae and Sir Jinyoung, they are going to assist Sir Mark with the Recruits, they have the best hold over the younger recruits, and I have already made the other Knights aware that they are to report to me."

"Good, good, yeah I heard that Yugyeom and Bam Bam are a handful. I'm glad you are all able to work together. It makes me feel more confident in my decision to leave you in charge. Well you should go grab some breakfast. I will be down shortly."

"Yes Sir, let me know if you need anything else." Jackson replied before heading towards to dining hall.

Kuhn continued making sure he had everything he needed. He had gone on dangerous missions before, but this made him more nervous than anything he had ever done. There was just something about the boy with the brightest smile he had ever seen. He knows that he has to be professional, business only, anything else is forbidden. Oh how he wished he weren't such a stickler for the rules.

"Well, I better go get something to eat before we head out"

------

"Oh my," Jinhoo laughed when he saw his oldest don hobble around the corner with his two youngest wrapped around his legs.

"These two little monsters don't seem to want to let me go." Kogyeol rolled his eyes at his father.

Jinhoo crouched down to look at the two monkeys hanging off Kogyeol's legs.

"Boys, can you please let go of your brother?" Jinhoo asked

"No, if we let go he will leave. He won't survive, he didn't even see us coming, we attacked so easily!" Hwanhee told his dad.

"Yeah, he has to stay here and be safe, plus we will miss him too much!" Xiao answered

"Where do you two get these ideas from" Jinhoo chuckled at his two youngest children, "he will be fine, you will have to let him go at some point."

Kogyeol could feel their grip tighten on his legs as they both yell "NO!" To their father.

"I think you made it worse Appa" Kogyeol laughed, "where is Sunyeol Appa?"

"Oh, he is coming, it seems that everyone is having a hard time with you leaving today," Jinhoo sighed shaking his head.

Right at that moment Sunyeol came into the room, his eyes were red and he was sniffling.

"Appa, are you ok?" Kogyeol asked, looking worried.

"Yes, yes of course, I'm just worried, and I'm going to m-miss you" Sunyeol replied.

"Don't worry Appa, we won't let him go," Xiao reassured his dad

"Yeah, we have a tight hold on him" Hwanhee replied

"I see that, " Sunyeol giggled whipping his eyes and shaking his head.

"Alright, let's all go grab some breakfast before we have to see Kogyeol off on his journey." Jinhoo told his mess of a family, laughing at how ridiculous this whole scene was.

"Yes please, I'm starving." Kogyeol replied.

The family made their way to the dining hall. When they entered, everyone stood bowing to the royal family. Kogyeol took a seat at the big table, the two monsters refusing to let go of him even to eat, and his beast friend Woosatan taking the seat next to him.

"I like the look there your Majesty, but aren't those leg warmers a little much?" Wooshin laughed at his best friend.

"No kidding, they are the highest of fashion, but once you put them on they are impossible to get off" Kogyeol laughed with his friend.

"You hungry down there?" Wooshin laughed sticking a piece of bacon in Xiao's mouth. Kogyeol reached down and placed a piece of bacon in Hwanhee's mouth.

"You know it would be a lot easier for you if you let go and sat at the table." Kogyeol told the two Maknaes, trying once again to get his brothers off his leg.

"No can do brother, then you will sneak away, and we may never see you again." Hwanhee replied. Wooshin just laughed at the little Princes actions.

"Yah, Woosatan, don't encourage them. They have been attached to me all morning."

"Well I don't exactly want you to go either. I've been trying to figure out a way to get you to stay for the last three days, but it seems like these little munchkins came up with the perfect plan."

"Aish, I swear this whole castle has gone nuts!" Kogyeol shook his head.

He continued eating his food and feeding his two little monsters under the table. He kept looking at Wooshin, he knows his best friend too well, and he can tell he is plotting something. Near the end of breakfast, Kogyeol sees Sir Kuhn enter the hall and take a seat near the rest of the Knights. The two make eye contact but both look away quickly hoping the other didn't notice.

As the servants clear the table, Kogyeol sees Kuhn walk up to his father.

"Your Highness," Sir Kuhn bowed to Jinhoo.

"Sir Kuhn, how are you doing today?"

"I'm doing well, thank you"

"Good, good, is everything all set for departure today?"

"Yes Sir, I have double and triple checked everything. We are good to go whenever Prince Kogyeol is ready to go."

Kogyeol's heart started racing hearing his name come out of such a beautiful angels mouth. He saw Kuhn give his signature crooked smile and he swears he stopped breathing. He felt Wooshin shove his shoulder and snapped out of the trance he was put in at the very sight of Sir Kuhn.

"Dude, your staring, can you at least try to be subtle," Wooshin giggled shaking his head at his best friend.

"Yeah, yeah, right" Kogyeol quickly replied back.

"Excellent, I knew I could count on you Sir Kuhn. I have sent someone up to go get the Prince's belongings, we will meet you by the stables in a half hour. Go and make any last minute arrangements before you set off."

"Yes your Highness," Kuhn bowed to Jinhoo and Suyeol before turning to Kogyeol and giving a bow. He left the table to speak with the other Knights and they left the hall.

"Well, we better start getting you ready to go then" Jinhoo called down to his son at the end of the table. Kogyeol stood up, trying not to hurt his two brothers who impressively have stayed attached all morning. As soon as he was standing he felt something, or should he say someone on his back.

"Really, you too Woosatan, ugh"

"Well I couldn't let the Royal munchkins take on this task on their own now could I?" Both Kings laughed at the scene before them.

"Well at least we know that you are loved within the castle. That should make it easy on your journey. Let's make our way down to the stables." Jinhoo giggled.

-----

Sir Kuhn, Sir Bit-to, and Sir Wei were all at.the stables preparing the horses to leave. One of the servants came down with Kogyeol's belongings for the trip.

"Sir Kuhn, here is Prince Kogyeol's trunk, would you like me to load it onto the wagon for you?"

"No, thank you, you can go grab the rest of his stuff we can take care of this" Kuhn replied to the servant.

"Oh, but Sir, this is all the Prince packed. It was a surprise to us as well, but it seems he packed light."

"Oh well, thank you than. We can take care of it from here. Have a good day." Kuhn replied, genuinely surprised by this news.

"You as well Sir, have a safe journey."

"Thank you," Kuhn bowed as the servant left.

"Wow, I'm impressed," Wei said in amazement.

"Yeah, I was expecting there to be a lot more. I guess we can hook up the smaller wagon" Bit-to added.

"Huh, I guess I should have known that he would blow away my expectations." Kuhn said shaking his head. The three Knights continued their tasks. They hooked up the smaller wagon and started loading it.

As they finished the loading the saw quite the sight coming towards them. It was the Royal family, but the Prince was hobbling across the lawn with the two young Princes on his legs and what appeared to be a Duke on his back. The three tried to hold in their laughter while bowing to the family.

"Ok boys, you all really need to get off me now, I really do have to go." Kogyeol struggled to get out between breaths.

"NO!" The two youngest yelled. Wooshin made no move to loosen his grip either.

"Appas, a little help here?" He looked to his two fathers.

Jinhoo laughed at the site, he reached down and grabbed Xiao from one leg

"Come on Xiao baby, I promise he will make it back in one piece. He will only be gone for a month." Xiao finally let go of his brothers leg, Jinhoo handed him to a sniffling Sunyeol, who squeezed him maybe just a little too tight.

"You too Hwanhee, I promise he will be ok, why don't you go comfort your Appa over there, he may be squeezing your brother too tightly over there." He chuckled as the second one let go.

"As for you, Wooshin," Jinhoo stood and looked in his eyes.

"Yes, I'm letting go, it was worth a try," Wooshin sighed letting go of his best friends back.

Sir Kuhn watched the scene in pure amusement.

Kogyeol let out a sigh of relief as all the weight left him. It felt weird to not have people hanging off of him. He started walking toward the stable to get his horse, but his legs felt like Jel-o and he fell. Lucky for him, Sir Kuhn was right there to catch him before he hit the ground. Kogyeol looked up, his face was red with embarrassment.

"Uh, thank you, I guess I am really going to make you work hard on this trip," Kogyeol gave a nervous laugh flashing a shy smile at the Knight who still had a hold on him.

"Not to worry your Majesty, that is my job, I imagine walking around with all that weight and then having it leave would throw off your balance." Kuhn set Kogyeol back on his feet and flashed the crooked smile that makes Kogyeols heart melt.

"Yes," Kogyeol laugh nervously, "well I should go saddle my horse." Kogyeol walked away a little more carefully this time.

Wooshin smirked and then followed his friend into the stable.

"Smooth move there Kogy" Wooshin laughed at his friend.

"Shut it Woosatan" Kogyeol snapped back.

"Well it looks to me like you aren't going to have to work that hard. It already seems like he is in love with you."

"What are you talking about?"

"The way he looks at you, he is already madly in love with you."

"Whatever you say Shin, can you help me with this please?" The two boys finished saddling Kogyeol's horse and walked out of the stable.

"Are you ready to go?" Jinhoo asked his son.

"Yes I think I am." Kogyeol replied.

"Alright, well then, I guess we should say goodbye then." Jinhoo gave his son a hug.

Kogyeol said his goodbyes to his family, consoling a crying Sunyeol, patting his brothers on the head, and giving Wooshin a hug.

"You three try not to cause too much trouble while I'm gone."

"Ok," a sobbing Xiao replied

"Promise," Hwanhee answered

"Well, I make no promises," Wooshin winked.

"I would expect nothing else" Kogyeol laughed.

"Alright your Majesty, we are ready to go." Sir Wei said.

"Well then I guess we are off." Kogyeol mounted his horse, waved one last time to his family, and then he was off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

This one is a long one. I got a little carried away, but it all felt like one chapter, so I didn't want to split it. I hope you enjoy! Notice there are more Got7 members popping up too. Y'all, I saw their concert in New York, twice. It was so amazing!!! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Leave feed back in the comments!