The Knights Return

Forbidden Love

"That was some great work back there boss" 

"Ah, that was nothing Bit-to, just doing what had to be done"

"Dont be so humble Kuhn, that really was something to see, you practically took the whole group on by yourself. We barely did anything to back you up"

"Seriously, Wei, I couldn't have done it without all of you there. Like I said I was just doing what had to be done. Following orders and whatnot."

The three young Knights led the way back to the castle.  They had been sent on a very important mission to stop the invasion on their land by a group of rebels from a neighboring Kingdom. The two younger of the three hadn't been scared or nervous for the fight. Though their leader is very young, he is one of the strongest and smartest knights they had ever worked with.  He was loyal to the Throne and would do anything to protect the Kingdom. 

The journey has been long and the Knights could all feel a weight being lifted off of their shoulders as the castle appeared. They were finally home. Now all that was needed was to make their report to the Kings and then they would be able to make their way to their rooms and get some much needed, and deserved rest.

The men sent their horses to the stable and made their way to the great hall where court was already in session. They waited outside the door for their cue to enter. The men led by the tall, young knight made their way to the front of the room and stood at attention in front of the Kings. Kuhn was too focused to notice that a third Throne was occupied at the front of the room as well.

"Ah, Sir Kuhn, I'm glad to see you and the men have returned safely! Please, tell me, how did everything go?" King Jinhoo asked giving the Knight a genuine smile.

Kuhn knew that the King meant it when he said he was happy they returned safely. He was a genuinely caring man, and a great King.

Kuhn raised from his bow, giving the King a genuine smile back before recounting their journey. "The job has been done your Highness. The rebels have been taken out.  I don't think we will have trouble for a while. Our message came across very clearly."

"Excellent! You have done well Sir. We are glad to have you leading our defences."

"Oh it is my pleasure to protect the Kingdom your Highness, it truly is." Kuhn bowed again. He then turned to King Sunyoul and gave a respectful bow. It was only then when he was turning to face his men that he noticed the third chair. He had heard tell of the Prince from some of the maids.  They all fawned over how handsome the boy was. As Kuhn laid eyes on him he realized that their descriptions couldn't even compare to the true beauty of the Prince. 

"Your Majesty" Kuhn bowed respectfully to the young Prince.  As he stood up from the bow he noticed the slight flush of the Prince's cheeks. He was too busy staring at the Prince to really comprehend the King making introductions. Those brown eyes were making him melt, he could state at them forever. He did happen to hear the Prince's name as the Royals stood up to leave.

"Kogyeol-ah where's your head..." He caught the King say to his son as they got up to leave the court.

Kuhn couldn't take his eyes off of Prince Kogyeol. His long legs, perfect complexion, and a smile that seemed to light up the room. As the Prince walked through the door he stopped and turned to face him.  Kuhn felt weak in the knees, but he stayed strong, flashed him one of his crooked smiles, and nodded his head slightly.  The Prince had disappeared, but Kuhns heart rate couldn't slowdown.

Since the Royals had exited the hall started to clear out. Kuhn turned to dismiss his men telling them to go wash up, get fed, and get some rest, thanking them again for all their hard work.

Wei and Bit-to stayed behind.  They had known Kuhn for a long time, they had practically grown up together. They knew something was up with Kuhn by the dopey look he had on his face.

"Earth to Kuhn" Wei the tall blanket Knight says, waving his hand in front of his friends face.

"Hey man are you ok. You have this weird look on your face. Are you feeling alright?" But-to the shortest of the three asked.

"What? Oh yeah I'm fine, I just need some rest I think." Kuhn didn't want to explain his reactions to his friends. He knew his thoughts were wrong.  It was against the rules to even talk to the Prince about anything other than the matters of the Kingdom.  Yet all he could do was think about the beautiful Prince, and the eyes he so wished to melt into.

"Get it together Kuhn..." He mumbled to himself, not wanting this companions to hear, "you know this isn't right, remember the rules..."

Kuhn made his way to his bedroom, maybe sleep was what he needed to clear his head.

He couldn't have been more wrong. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hello there readers!

I hope no one was confused. I wanted to get Kuhn's rreaction in here so I back tracked a little! I hope you are enjoying it so far! Only 2 more up10tion members left to enter the story. One of them should be entering the story in the next chapter or so!

Don't forget to comment! It literally makes my day!