Chapter 8

The Clinging Man

“Park Jimin. Long time no see.” Yoongi said and Jimin squeezed Jungkook’s hand. The latter looked between Jimin and the man at the counter and recognised him. It was Min Yoongi.

“Jungkook, let’s go.” Jimin said and when he turned around to go out of the café, he was met with Hoseok.

“Jiminie, come on, let’s go.” He said and the three of them went out. When they were out of the café, Jimin kept on walking. He was almost running and Jungkook was having a hard time reaching up to Jimin. He pulled on his arm and stopped.

“Jimin-ah stop.” He said. Jimin stopped. Not because he was told to but because Jungkook talked to him informally and with a serious tone of voice. “Now. Stop running away hyung. You didn’t think you’d be able to avoid him forever, did you?” Jimin shook his head, looking like a kid who was being lectured by his mom. “Okay. So now, we go back to the café and we drink what we wanted to drink, not caring about Min Yoongi.” Jungkook said and reassuringly squeezed Jimin’s hand. He smiled softly at him and turned back to a beaming Hoseok.

“You’re together now? That’s so cute, really! I was dying from the that was between you two! Okay, let’s go back.” He said and pulled the couple behind him. They re-entered the café and Jungkook looked at the counter. Min Yoongi was still there, taking orders and when his eyes met Jungkook’s, the latter glared at him and Yoongi averted his eyes.

“Yo Chim! Wassup?” Namjoon exclaimed from his table. They approached him and Hoseok was hit by a sulking Namjoon. “Don’t ever leave me alone again you .” He muttered. He turned to Jungkook. “You must be Jimin’s dearest friend, Jungkook?” he asked and Jungkook shook his head.

“My name is Jungkook but I’m not Jimin’s dearest friend anymore. I’m his boyfriend.” He said and he sat down beside Jimin while Hoseok was sitting beside Namjoon.

“Oh, okay. Nice to meet you. If you ever hurt him, I won’t let you live. I need to say this but I don’t mean it. Jin means it when he says that.” Namjoon stated.

“I know. But don’t worry, I won’t hurt him.” Jungkook said and turned to Jimin who was looking absent-mindedly at the table. “Are you okay babe?” he asked and Jimin jumped in his seat, turning to Jungkook.

“Oh, yeah. It’s just… I wasn’t expecting to meet him here or anywhere in fact.” Jimin replied, taking Jungkook’s hand in his.

“Can I take your order?” Jin asked, looking warily at Jimin. “I’m sorry Jimin. I should have told you.” He apologised.

“It’s nothing hyung. I was supposed to meet him anyway, we’re all friends. But let’s stop talking about this. I’d like a hot chocolate with a piece of strawberry cake. Jungkook will take a mocha coffee with a piece of blueberry cake.” Jimin said and Jin smiled before going back to the kitchen. Jimin looked at the counter to find Yoongi looking at him, especially at his hand clasped with Jungkook’s. He turned back to Namjoon.

“By the way, why are you here hyung?” Jimin asked him.

“Oh, I needed Yoongi and Hoseok. I’m writing a new song and I want them to tell me what they think of it. But I was kidnapped by this horse and that’s how I found myself here. Now, that you’re here, I wanted to know if you’d like to take part in the singing? I need a vocalist but I don’t want to ask Jin. Would you do it for me?” Namjoon asked.

“Maybe. I don’t know, I’m pretty busy with Hoseok’s upcoming showcase but if I can find time, I would gladly sing your song.” Jimin said.

“You sing hyung?” Jungkook asked. Jimin nodded. “Really? That’s amazing! Will you let me listen to you one day?” Jungkook asked.

“If you want. I don’t sing really well but Namjoon hyung likes my voice, that’s why I sing for him.” Jimin said as Jin came back with their order.

“Stop saying that Jimin. You have a wonderful voice and I’m sure Jungkook would love it.” He said, placing the cups and plates on the table before ruffling Jungkook’s hair. “And he sings too. When he’s doing the dishes he’s always humming and he has a beautiful voice too if you want my opinion.”

“No, really, I just like singing but I can’t. Tae however sings really well.” Jungkook said, taking a sip of his mocha.

“Yes, he sang for me last time, he has an amazing voice.” Hoseok said and everyone looked at him. “What? We began to hang out together, we get along really well, you know. But the thing isn’t that. Namjoon needs us to write but I don’t know when I’ll be able to help you because of the showcase.” Hoseok said.

“When is that showcase?” Namjoon asked.

“It’s in three days.” Hoseok answered.

“It’s okay. I can wait.” Namjoon turned to Jin. “Hyung, would you lend me your waiter please? I’d like to hear him sing.”

“What? No! I don’t sing, I mean, I like singing but I’m not good at all.” Jungkook said, taking a bite of his cake.

“Let’s make a bet. If you sing for me and I like your voice, you can become a singer for me like Jimin is and I’ll pay you. If I don’t like it, I won’t ever ask you to sing ever again. Deal?” Namjoon offered. Jungkook looked at Jimin and Jin and after nodded slowly. “Okay. But I just wanna warn you that if Jin hyung likes your voice, I’ll like it too. He made Jimin sing for me.” Namjoon winked at Jungkook and smiled, showing his dimples. Jin ruffled Jungkook’s hair and went back to the counter.

“When will you make him sing hyung?” Jimin asked.

“I don’t know. When are you free Jungkook?” Namjoon asked.

“Umm… Is today okay with you?” Namjoon nodded.

“Let’s go to the studio when we leave.” Namjoon said and Jungkook nodded.

“Can I come with you hyung?” Jimin enthusiastically asked.

“No.” Namjoon simply answered. Jimin pouted.

“Why~?” he whined.

“I don’t want anyone to distract Jungkook. You’re a big distraction Jimin as his boyfriend. So you’ll have the right to stay with Hoseok.” Namjoon said, solving the question, not letting any time for Jimin to beg one more time. Jimin began to sulk cutely beside Jungkook who was secretly smiling at him. He took Jimin’s fork and cut a piece of his strawberry cake. As Jimin opened his mouth to complain, Jungkook shoved the piece of cake in his mouth and made him chew. Hoseok laughed out loud as Namjoon smiled sweetly at them. When Jimin swallowed, he stuck his tongue out at Jungkook who kissed him deeply. When they parted, Jimin was beet red and he could swear the temperature had drastically increased. Hoseok looked at them sweetly before turning to Namjoon.

“Joon, why aren’t you kissing me like that?” he complained and tried to kiss him. Namjoon shoved him away violently.

“ you, you crazy horse! I won’t ever kiss you even if my life depended on it!” he shouted and everyone in the café looked at them as Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook were laughing out loud. After some seconds of only hearing the boys laughing, the café came back to normal. Suddenly, the sound of a glass breaking was heard at the counter and Jungkook and Jimin turned to look. They saw Yoongi and Jin looking furiously at each other while pieces of shattered glass were laying on the counter and Yoongi’s hand was covered with blood. He glanced towards Jungkook and glared at him before going back to the kitchen. Jungkook looked at Jin who shook his head and began to clear the counter up. Jimin turned back and quickly finished his cake and hot chocolate, just like Jungkook.

“Okay, Jungkook. Should we go to the studio?” Namjoon asked.

“Yes. I think we should go out quickly if you don’t mind.” Jungkook said. He felt like if they didn’t go out right now, something would happen. Bad or not, he couldn’t really tell, but something. So they got up and went out of the café after saying goodbye to Jin.

“So, we’ll be going this way guys. We’ll see you later Jimin and Hoseok you are allowed to not come back later.” Namjoon said.

“I know that you love me Namjoonie, no need to be shy around our friends!” Hoseok exclaimed and quickly turned away before Namjoon could hit him.

“Let’s go Jungkookie. I can call you that, right?” Namjoon asked as they began walking.

“O-of course Hyungnim.” Jungkook replied. He was still a bit awkward with nicknames but told himself to try getting used to it.

“You’re so cute Jungkookie. No need to be this formal. Just hyung is okay.” Namjoon said, ruffling Jungkook’s hair. Jungkook nodded and they kept walking in a comfortable silence. When they arrived, Namjoon opened the door to the studio.

“Okay. Here we are Jungkook. This is my official studio. I didn’t want you to sing in the one I have at home since this one is better. So, what are you going to sing?” Namjoon asked as he sat in his chair.

“Um… I don’t know… ‘Sofa’ by Crush? Is it alright?” Jungkook asked, scratching the back of his neck.

“This song is quite hard to sing, will it be okay?” Namjoon asked and Jungkook firmly nodded. “Okay. You can warm up your voice. I’ll tell you when everything is ready.” Namjoon kindly smiled at Jungkook who immediately began to warm up his voice. Around ten minutes later, Jungkook judged he was ready and Namjoon allowed him to enter the booth.

“Okay I’ll play the instrumental. What I want you to focus on is the music. You can sing however you want, you can choose to sing as the singer but I’ll like it better if you sing with your own style. That’s all. Ready?” Jungkook nodded and Namjoon played the music.

The music softly began to play and Jungkook breathed before singing. His velvety voice began to fill the booth slowly and he closed his eyes to focus more on the music. He forgot about where he was; what he was actually doing and sang with all he got as he did when he was younger. He let some vibrations slip here and there just to show that he could hold a note with and without them. Jungkook reached the high notes with such facility that Namjoon was awestruck by his singing skills. He let him finish the song and waited for Jungkook to open his eyes before smiling widely at him.

“Have you ever taken singing classes before?” Namjoon asked as Jungkook was going out of the booth.

“When I was young but only for some months. It quickly became boring but I kept on singing by myself. Was it bad?” Jungkook shyly asked.

“Bad? Are you serious? It was amazing! You should really sing for me, it would be wonderful. I could make you sing with Jimin, a duet with you two I swear it would be magnificent.” Namjoon said, his eyes sparkling. Jungkook slightly blushed and smiled at his hyung’s cuteness.

“So, am I your singer now?” Jungkook cutely asked.

“Of course! I mean, if you want to. I’d be really honoured to have you as one of my singers.” Namjoon said.

“I really want to, it seems like it will be a lot of fun. Thank you hyung.” Jungkook bowed and Namjoon laughed.

“I’m so happy! Let’s tell Jimin right away!” Namjoon said and opened the door of the studio to find Jimin and Hoseok trying to eavesdrop. They jumped at door’s opening and fell in front of Namjoon, Jimin looking apologetically at him.

“H-hi hyung! We weren’t eavesdropping, n-not at all!” he stuttered.

“Yes, let’s say that. You just happened to walk by and came to ask us how it went?”

“Of course! So how did it go?” Hoseok asked as he helped Jimin get up.

“It was awful. Jungkook singing skills are terrible.” Namjoon said, face straight. Jimin looked at Jungkook who was looking perfectly sad. HE came closer to him and hugged him.

“Baby, it’s okay, don’t be so sad.” Jimin said. Jungkook broke their embrace and laughed out loud, along with Namjoon.

“What? Why are you laughing?” Hoseok asked.

“I passed! I’m officially a singer for Namjoonie hyung!” Jungkook exclaimed and high-fived with Namjoon.

“Hyung~! Are you serious? How could you!” Jimin said and pouted. Jungkook approached him and pecked his lips softly.

“Hyung, don’t be mad, he even said that he would make us sing in duo. I’m so happy!” Jungkook stated and Jimin’s expression softened at his lover’s cuteness.

“I’m happy for you babe but still mad. Buy me food.” Jimin ordered and Jungkook smiled.

“Let’s go for some ddeokbokki?” Jungkook asked and Jimin clapped his hands excitedly.

“Can I come too?” Hoseok asked.

“Umm… Okay. You can call Tae too if you want. Namjoonie hyung? Coming?” Jungkook asked.

“I’d like to but I have some business to take care of. Another time maybe.” Namjoon said and looked furtively at Hoseok who seemed to understand something.

“Okay, let’s go guys! I crave for some ddeokbokki now! Seeya Namjoonie! Love you!” Hoseok said as he grabbed Jungkook who grabbed Jimin and dragged them out of the studio. Namjoon sighed and saved the record of Jungkook before grabbing his stuffs and going out of the studio as well, heading to the café once again. When he arrived, he walked to the kitchen and when he saw Yoongi, he approached him.

“Hyung. I think we have to talk.” He said, turning serious.

“About what?” Yoongi asked, sitting on a nearby chair.

“About Jimin. I know that you plan on going to the showcase since Hoseok invited you and I hope you won’t do anything stupid like trying to talk with Jimin. Even more since there will be Jungkook and I don’t think he knows everything about you two and he better not discover everything while you’re arguing with Jimin once more. So please hyung, don’t talk to him.” Namjoon explained.

“Is this an advice?” Yoongi asked.

“No, it’s a warning. I love you hyung but I’m overprotective with Jimin as you know.”

“Yes. Thanks for warning me Namjoon-ah but it really was of no use. I know my place.”

“You seemed to know it earlier when you broke the cup arguing with Jin hyung. You were jealous of Jungkook holding Jimin’s hand. I promise that if you ever make Jin suffer because you aren’t sure of your feelings, I’ll make you regret it. Be careful.” Namjoon growled and then went out of the kitchen like nothing happened.

 

Meanwhile

“Jungkookie! It’s too hot! Too hot!” Hoseok was crying, fanning his mouth with his hand as he kept eating the ddeokbokki.

“I told you not to take the same level as me hyung. You never listen.” Jungkook said, giving him some water. Jimin laughed and kept on eating his level two.

“I love it here Kookie, it’s really delicious.” He stated, kissing Jungkook’s cheek, making him giggled cutely.

“Guys, I didn’t come to be the third wheel! Stop being all lovey-dovey.” Hoseok complained, pouting.


Author's Note:

I know I have no such thing as an excuse... It's been such a long time, I'm so sorry that I made you wait that long but I told you that I'll be updating T_T

But here is the eighth chapter and I'm already working on the ninth^^ Maybe in two weeks I'll be updating and it will be the last chapter I think T_T I'm happy that I also managed to finish this story too and even though I'm sad, it's one less story I'll have to stress about x)

I'll edit the story either before posting the next chapter or after having posted it, I don't know...

But well, I hope you liked this chapter and that you're expecting the next one lol

I love you all ♥

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3