Chapter 6

The Clinging Man

“Yoongi ?!”

“Seokjin ?”

Both Suga and Jin exclaimed.

“What are you doing here sweety ? You were supposed to stay in Daegu for one more week ! What happened ?” asked Jin, coming out from behind the counter and hugging Yoongi

“Namjoon called me saying that he needed me for a song so here I am. And you ? Weren’t you going to meet with Jimin today ?” said Yoongi, breaking their embrace to look at him.

“I didn’t have time. When I came here this morning, the manager told me to start then because he was late for his plane and the person who was going to wait for me wasn’t free. But I’ll see him tomorrow.” Said Jin while Jungkook was coming to the counter.

“Wait, is manager-nim Jimin hyung’s friend ?” he asked.

“If Jimin hyung is a cute dance instructor from Busan, then I am the friend.” Said Jin, smiling.

“How can the world be so small ?! Nice to meet you !” said Jungkook, bowing to Jin.

“I think that since you’re Jimin’s friend, you can call me hyung instead of manager-nim, don’t you think ?” Jungkook shrugged. “Call me hyung, okay ? It’s an order from your boss.”

“Okay hyung !” said Jungkook, showing his bunny smile.

Then, V and Hoseok came to the counter to see what was happening.

“Are you done flirting ?” asked Suga with disgust in his voice.

“Yup Suga-Suga-Suga. Is he Jin ?” said Hoseok.

“Hello. You must be Hobi, right ? I’m Kim Seokjin and you must know my cousin, Kim Namjoon, I heard that you were friends. Taehyung-ssi, here is the person who took my heart. His name is Yoongi and even if he may seem scary on the outside, he’s very sweet in the inside, that’s why we call him Suga even if he doesn’t like it.” Said Jin, kissing Yoongi on the cheek.

Taehyung exclaimed an ‘Oh !’ who got him some customers to glare at him and others to go out of the café.

“He is cute ! Hobi-yah, he is your friend right ? Can I touch him ?” asked V.

Jungkook bursted out laughing while Suga was trying to get out from Taehyung’s grip who was hugging him. After some time, Jungkook decided to stop his bestfriend and took him away from Yoongi.

“Thanks Jungkook. Is he sick ? I think he needs to go see a doctor as soon as possible.” Said Suga, harshly.

“No, he is okay. He’s only from another planet. But, Hobi hyung, why is he calling you ‘Hobi-yah’ ? Are you close ?” said Jungkook, hugging V tightly and patting his head.

“Actually, we just met. But we are kinda similar so we got along very well. Suga, he is from Daegu too, you know ?”

“This freaking crazy human being is from my beloved hometown ? What a shame for Daegu.” He sighed deeply.

And like that, everyone sat at a table, talking and joking about each other till 2A.M.

“Okay guys, it’s time to go back.” Said Jin, agter he had given some orders to the person who came to take the shift after Jungkook and taehyung.

“Jungkook-ah, V-yah, I’ll see you later ! Goodnight !” he said and pulled Yoongi behind him and got into his car.

“Kook, I’ll see you in the evening ! Sleep well and dream of me !” said V, winking at Jungkook.

“Jungkook, I’ll see you later in the morning, right ? You’re coming with Jimin ?” asked Hoseok.

“I think yes. If I’m not too tired, I’ll come.” Said Jungkook and waved goodbye to Hoseok before going his way as Taehyung and Hoseok went together.

When Jungkook arrived home, it was 2:15A.M so he changed himself in his pajamas and, without taking a shower, went to sleep.

 

The next morning, Jimin was awakened by someone ringing the bell at 6A.M. He woke up, groggily, and went to open the door. The person jumped on him and hugged him tight.

“Seokjin hyung ?” asked Jimin with his morning voice.

“Jiminie ! Long time no see ! How have you been ? Have you been eating well ? Oh, sorry, I’m hugging you too tightly. Are you okay ?” said Jin, embarrassed.

“I’m okay. I’ve been well but it’s only been one month, you know ? How have you been ? How was it in Daegu ? What did you do there ?” asked Jimin, letting Jin in and leading him in the leaving room.

“Oh, I’ve been well. Daegu is quite a beautiful city. I’ve hung out with Yoongi there during the whole month. And, uhm… I don’t know if I should say this…” said Jin, going to the kitchen where Jimin was preparing some tea for his hyung and orange juice for himself.

“What ? You can tell me anything.” Said Jimin, turning to his hyung.

“Well, I spent the whole with Yoongi and we’re kind of… together now.” Said Jin, trying to read Jimin’s expression.

Jimin was indeed shocked by this. Seokjin and Yoongi being together. It doesn’t sound wrong though even if it’s a bit awkward for now. Jimin always knew that Seokjin was in love with Yoongi and that Yoongi was in love with someone. But he just didn’t know who that person was. He only knew that it wasn’t him.

“Oh, okay. I’m a bit surprised but I’m happy for you hyung. For both of you. I don’t know why you weren’t sure about telling me this. I’m over it now and I’ve found someone else.” Said Jimin, eye-smiling. He was genuinely happy for his hyungs, he only wanted them to be happy.

“Really ? Who is it ? Do I know him ? Is he cute ?” excitedly asked Jin.

“He is very cute and he is one of your colleagues at the café. His name is-”

“Jeon Jungkook ? Were you the one who visited him yesterday ?” said Jin.

“Yes… How did you know ? Were you there yesterday ?”

“I was supposed to come see you but I met the person who wanted to hire me and he wanted me to start right there. So I met all the employees and I’m the new manager of the café at the end of the road.” Explained Jin, smiling to his dongsaeng.

“Really ?! I’m so happy for you ! Can I come see you later ? I’ll come with Jungkook and maybe I’ll stay a bit longer than yesterday. He’s really cute in his uniform, I can’t get enough of him. He is so handsome. I’m glad I saved his life because if I didn’t, I wouldn’t have met him and it would have been such a shame.” Said Jimin, more to himself than to Seokjin.

“Saved his life ? What are you talking about ?”       asked Jin, worried.

“I don’t think I should tell you. It would be better if you ask him yourself. He explained everything to me because I was the one who called for help but I can’t tell you about his personal issues. Sorry.” Said Jimin, drinking a bit of his orange juice.

“Do you know where he lives ?”

“He lives next door. But don’t you dare go disturb him right now, he needs to sleep, he has a dance lesson with me later. And he didn’t have a good sleep yesterday by my fault, so he was very tired during his work but he didn’t let it show because he is very self-conscious and he doesn’t want anyone to worry about him. So when he’ll be ready, he’ll tell you. I’m sure of it.” Said Jimin, smiling at Jin.

“Okay. I’ll still ask him though. Anyway, he knows that you’re my friend so he won’t be surprised that I know that you saved him.”

They stayed in Jimin’s living room, chatting of various things until Jin had to go to the café.

“Since it’s nearly 8A.M, I need to go to the café. I suppose that you have classes today, right ?” said Jin, standing up.

“Yes, I have two classes today and a private lesson with Hoseok. He asked me to join the contest I told you about and I accepted. He needs to help me memorize the dance.” Explained Jimin as they walked to the door.

“Are you going to take Jungkook with you to your lesson ?” asked Jin as he opened the door.

“I don’t know. If he doesn’t feel too tired, maybe. I’ll take him to at least my first class and we’ll see after.”

“Okay. Bye Jiminie ! Take care and see you soon !” said Jin, waving at Jimin.

“Bye hyung! Seeya !” replied Jimin with his eye-smile and when Jin had entered the elevator, he closed the door and began to get ready to go to the dance studio.

 As he was about to go out, someone rang the bell and he knew it was Jungkook. He opened the door. Jungkook was wearing black basketball shorts and a red tank top with white snickers. He had his back pack on and he was smiling widely at Jimin.

“Good morning hyung ! Are you ready to go ?”

“Good morning Kookie. You seem happier than the last time. Are you that excited to spend time with me ?” teased Jimin.

“It’s not that. It’s that we’re going to dance and I practiced a bit, so I’m sure I’ll be able to do better than the last time. And I suppose that you have a dance practice for the contest and I’d like to see you dance some levelled up hip hop. I’m sure you look amazing.” Explained Jungkook, making Jimin blush at his last statement.

“Oh, I see. I’m sure that Hoseok will allow you to take a peak. But you had time to practice ? When ?” asked Jimin, going out and locking the door.

“Oh, I woke up early this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep. So I decided to practice the moves you taught us yesterday.” Jimin nodded and they entered the elevator when Jungkook asked a question.

“Hyung, is your friend the new manager of the café ? Jin hyung ?”

“Yes. In fact, he came by this morning, he had something to tell me. Before I forget, I kinda let slip that you had an ‘accident’ so he may ask you if you want to tell him or talk about it with him. Don’t feel obliged to tell him but he would like it very much since your part of the crew. He really likes to listen to other people’s stories. He is like a mother and you can trust him. He can keep secrets very well.” When Jimin had finished his speech, they already were in the car, starting the engine.

“Okay, hyung. Thanks for telling me. I think I’ll tell him since you seem to trust him very much. And we’re kinda trying to become friends so, yeah. Maybe we should begin with telling some stories about ourselves.” Jungkook smiled his bunny smile and Jimin swore he could melt at Jungkook’s cuteness. Jimin smiled back at him and the journey went on with some music and both guys humming at the songs.

When they arrived at the studio, they immediately began to stretch. Each boy was looking at the other through the mirror without the other knowing.

Jimin was thinking about what would be Jungkook’s reaction if he knew he was gay. Would he be disgusted ? Or afraid ? Would he stop being his friend and stop all contact with him ? Will he act like his parents ? He didn’t want that. He wanted to be more than a friend to Jungkook but he didn’t know if he would be able to without ruining their friendship.

Jungkook was thinking about what he was feeling when he was around Jimin. He was always happy, he wanted to make him smile and he didn’t want anyone to be close to him other than him. He was also afraid to discover that he had a girlfriend. But why, he didn’t know. Maybe he really appreciated Jimin and didn’t want him to suffer. I wouldn’t hurt him if we were together. What ? He shook his head and at this moment, the children began to enter the room, greeting Jimin and, for some of them, Jungkook.

“Hi everyone ! So, today we’ll begin with some freestyle by some of you. Of course, Jungkook-ssi is forced to do it at least this time.” Said Jimin, winking at Jungkook and all the children clapped. “So, Mingyu, would you begin ? Put any music you want and dance how you want. The style doesn’t matter.”

The kid named Mingyu nodded, got up and put some classical music. He danced gracefully and with all the right emotions and when he finished, everyone clapped, even Jungkook.

Three more kids danced and then came Jungkook’s turn. He didn’t know which music to put so he decided to make everyone laugh by putting a girl group’s song. Girl’s Day’s Something.

He stood in the centre of the practice room and when the music began, his gaze immediately turned y and seductive. He knew the lyrics by heart and began to lip-sync as he danced. He was as graceful as a girl and his hips were moving by themselves. At the end of the song, everyone laughed out loud and clapped.

“That was totally unexpected Jungkook-ssi ! A boy dancing to a girl group’s song ! But it was really well done and I think that all of you should learn from him. Did you see the gaze he was giving ? That’s what it means to convey emotions while dancing. Okay, now let’s go back to our little choreography. I hope that everyone practiced yesterday because after mastering the first part, I’ll teach you the second one which is a bit more difficult. Let’s get started up !”

______________________________________________________________

 

“You really practiced Kookie ! I was taken aback by how fast you mastered the first part ! I wasn’t expecting that to be honest but I’m proud of you.” Said Jimin, ruffling Jungkook’s hair making him giggle cutely. They gathered their stuffs and went to change their clothes but Jimin went in the contrary of the changing rooms.

“Hyung, where are you going ?” asked Jungkook.

“Come on Kookie. I’ll show you where Hobi hyung lives. We could take a shower there if you want.”

“Oh, okay.” Said Jungkook as Jimin grabbed his hand and trailed him to a hidden staircase. They climbed up and Jimin took a key out of his bag and opened the door that was in front of them and entered.

It was a little apartment with one bedroom, a little kitchen and a living room. It was a bit untidy but cosy nonetheless.

“How come you have the key hyung ?” asked Jungkook again.

“Well, I used to live here when I came to Seoul. When Hoseok hyung bought the studio, the apartment was given with it. We lived together for some time and when I found an apartment for myself, I moved out but kept the key in case of help or something.” Explained Jimin, closing the door and taking his back pack off. “Since I have 30 minutes before my other class, I’ll take a shower. Would you like to take one after me ?”

“I think I’ll just try to sleep a bit if you don’t mind. I’m kinda tired.” Replied Jungkook, yawning.

“Okay, I’ll come take you when I’ll begin my tutoring session with Hoseok. Sleep well Kookie-yah.” Stated Jimin before going to the bathroom.

Jungkook took his jacket off and laid down on the small sofa in the living room.

Twenty minutes later, Jimin got out of the shower, took some clothes in the closet in the bedroom and when he was fully dressed up, he went to the living room to find Jungkook sleeping cutely all curled up in the small sofa. Jimin took a blanket that was around and covered Jungkook with it before sitting on the coffee table and looking at Jungkook fondly and analysing his features.

He noticed that Jungkook’s hair fell softy on his forehead, covering a part of his eyes. He also noticed that he had pink plump lips that were a bit parted when he slept. Jimin let his fingers trail on his cheek, going to his divine lips. He pressed two of his fingers on them and then brought them to his, pressing his lips to them, closing his eyes. He really wondered what it would feel like to kiss Jungkook for real. It would surely feel like heaven, he thought, sighing lightly before going to the door, getting out and closing it softly.

Two hours later, Jungkook woke up, feeling still a bit sleepy but less tired than this morning. He yawned, stretched and heard the sound of a camera and a giggle. He opened his eyes and saw Jimin and Hoseok laughing at him with Jimin’s phone in hand.

“Morning Kookie. Did you sleep well ?” asked Jimin.

“What am I still doing here ? Have you ended the tutoring already ?” asked Jungkook.

“We haven’t began, so you didn’t miss anything. Are you this eager to watch the session ?” asked Hoseok.

“Of course, I want to see Jiminie hyung dancing to your amazing choreo !” said Jungkook before realising what he said. Omgomgomgomg ‼‼! Did I say Jiminie hyung ?!? I’m totally screwed ! Jimin was looking at him, his eyes wide and then he laughed.

“You found me a nickname ! That’s so cute ! Thanks Kookie ! I love it !” he exclaimed, overjoyed, flashing his eye-smile at the younger.

On the other hand, Hoseok was in deep thoughts. I didn’t know they were this close… I wonder what happened between them when I wasn’t there. I hope they’ll soon realise that they are in love with each other or I swear I’ll kill them… Then, he stood up.

“We better start the tutoring, shouldn’t we ? C’mon guys !” said Hoseok, getting out of the apartment. Jimin helped Jungkook to get up and they went down to the practice room. Jungkook sat down on a little couch that was in a corner of the room.

“I hope you practiced the choreo Jimin-ah ! Until where have you memorised ?” asked Hoseok.

“I’ve memorised till around 2:40 if I remember well… I didn’t have time to learn the rest.” Jimin answered while warming up.

“Okay, that’s great. Let’s begin !” Hoseok went to the computer and put on an upbeat song that from the beginning made Jungkook feel like it would be a great choreo for a great song.

At the beginning, Jungkook was looking at Hoseok and just by looking at the first fifteen seconds, he could see that he was, indeed, a great dancer. But soon his eyes were on Jimin. The way he danced in an offhand way, the knife-like choreo and hip s only accentuated his overflowing iness in Jungkook’s eyes. As Jungkook was practically drooling at Jimin’s sight, the latter, noticing how the younger looked at him, began to glance and smirk towards him. He was purposely teasing him and when they finished, he was drenched in sweat and Jungkook had to stop himself from at the sight.

Hoseok came to him and closed his mouth.

“Should I understand that you liked the choreo ?” he said, laughing at Jungkook. The latter stood up.

“Hyung, it’s amazing ! You really made it ?” Hoseok nodded. “You’re wonderful ! Gosh, I hope I’ll be able to come see the contest. You’ll win, I’m sure of it!” Jungkook exclaimed, beaming at Hoseok and the latter brushed his hair. Suddenly, his phone rang.

“Sorry guys, I have to go, Yoongi hyung is waiting for me! See you later!” he said, grabbing his things and running out of the room.

The atmosphere immediately became awkward, at least for Jungkook. He was trying his best to not look at Jimin, who had removed his shirt and was now drying his upper body with a towel. Jungkook took his phone out and decided to play a game.

Jimin looked at Jungkook who was purposely not looking at him and smiled at his cuteness before smirking devilishly. He approached the young boy silently and bent down, his face millimetres away from Jungkook’s. The latter gasped and blushed furiously at the action.

“Kookie, what are you doing ?” asked Jimin with a low and seductive voice.

“N-Nothing…” stuttered the younger. He pushed his hyung away and stood up. “Are you going to take a shower here or at your own home ?” he asked.

“I don’t know… Why ?” Jimin answered.

“I have somewhere to go and I’m a bit late already-” Jungkook began.

“And you wanna know if you’ll have to wait for me or not? You can go, I’ll take a shower here. It’s more convenient than going home all sweaty.” Jimin cut. He flashed his eye-smile at Jungkook and the latter smiled in response. They said goodbye to each other and Jungkook flew out of the practice room.

When Jungkook was out of the building he could finally relax a bit. He could almost breathe properly but his heartbeat wasn’t going to slow down soon, he knew that.

“Gosh, what happened? Why was he all flirty in there? I need to do something about that or I may really implode…” he sighed and walked to go back home.


Author's Note :

Here is the sixth chapter !

I'm sorry that it took so much time to update but I'm getting confused with the plot... I'm thinking of maybe rewrite everything because I realised that I wrote things which I don't know when I'll be able to solve or if I'll even be able to only talk about... I'll get you updated on what I'll do next^^

Anyway, this chapter was hard to write because writer's block was messing with me and still is. I have to do something with JiKook but I don't want everything to go too fast (I'm saying that now but after what happened, I don't know how I will get out of this lol) 

YoonJin isn't a ship that I think or write about but I felt like it^^ I hope you're not disappointed fellas NamJin shippers :-) I'm still wondering about making Namjoon hetero or not... Tell me in the comments what you want for him (and don't say Jin because they are cousins and Jin is madly in love with Yoongi ;-) )

I don't know when I'll be able to update the next chapter but because I'm not updating doesn't mean I'm not writing, I hope you know that^^ No matter how busy I am, every time I'm free, I sit in front of my computer and I write :-D

I hope you enjoyed this chapter !

Feel free to comment, subscribe and if you feel like it, upvote ♥

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3