Chapter 9

The Clinging Man

Last chapter !!!! It's a bit longer than the previous ones and I hope you'll like it because I've spent a whole month writing it, wondering if I should include one last drama or not for finally deciding against it. 

Enjoy !^^


Author POV

The night after Namjoon warned Yoongi 

 

“Hello? Joonie? It’s two in the morning, what do you want?" Jin sleepily said through the phone. 

“Hyung, the showcase is tomorrow. Keep an eye on Yoongi hyung please. I already gave him a warning but I don’t think he’ll listen to me.” Namjoon said. 

What the heck are you talking about? You warned Yoongi? About what?” Jin yawned loudly. 

“I think he still has feelings for Jimin and I don’t want you to get hurt hyung. I told him not to talk to Jimin tomorrow before or after the showcase. Please tell me you’ll keep an eye on him.” Namjoon begged. 

Joonie, you seem to forget that it was Yoongi who left Jimin, not the contrary. He wouldn’t have left him if he still loved him. Now let me sleep. I’m hanging up.” Jin said and hung up. Namjoon groaned. 

  

Later the same day (at the café) 

  

“Yoongi-ah.” Jin called Yoongi who was cleaning a table. 

“Mm?” he replied. 

“Come here for a second.” Jin told him before going in the employee’s room. Soon after, Yoongi joined him. 

“You wanna talk about something?” he asked Jin. 

“Do you still have feelings towards Jimin?” Jin directly asked. Yoongi sighed, sitting down. 

“I see that Namjoon talked to you.” He said. 

“Answer me Yoongi.” 

“I was the one to leave. I left him for you hyung.” Yoongi stated. Jin sat beside him. 

“You’re not answering. Do you still have romantic feelings for Jimin?” Jin asked once again. Yoongi who was looking at him at first averted his gaze, not saying anything. 

“I see. That’s why you got angry the other time. It was just out of pure jealousy. I know well that nothing can replace a first love. I just hoped that I could. You can still help here if you want. Let’s not tell anyone okay? If we manage to not meet each other with the others everything will be alright.” Jin said and got up. Yoongi grabbed his wrist, still not looking at him. 

“Hyung please.” He said. 

“Go home Yoongi. I can’t stand seeing you right now.” Jin said and snatched his arm from Yoongi’s grip and went back to the counter. Some minutes later, Yoongi got out from the little room, gave his apron back to the first employee who passed by and went out of the café, not without glancing one last time at Jin. 

He went to Jin’s house, packed his things and left the key on the coffee table before going to his friend’s house. When he arrived in front of his friend’s house, he rang the bell and waited until the door opened. 

“Yoongi? What are you doing here?” Zhoumi said, looking at Yoongi’s bag. 

“Zhoumi hyung, can I stay here for some days?” Yoongi asked, looking pleadingly at Zhoumi. 

“Of course, enter. What happened?” Zhoumi asked as Yoongi entered and went to sit in the living room. 

“I just broke up with Jin.” 

“What?” Zhoumi exclaimed, bringing a glass of water to Yoongi. “Why?” 

“Because I’m an . I don’t deserve him, I knew I didn’t back then but still went to him.” Yoongi stated blankly and drank the water in one gulp. 

“Is it about Jimin? You said the same thing back then. Can’t you be there for him this time around?” Zhoumi asked as he sat in front of Yoongi. 

“No. He hates me. I hate me. This is enough reason for not going back to him.” Yoongi said and lied down on the couch. “I need to drink.” He stated. 

“No. I don’t want you to be like last time. Anyway I banned alcohol from my house and I forbid you to go buy anything, even shandy.” Zhoumi warned him. 

“Why is my life such a mess? I think I’m fated to suffer in love. Maybe that’s how I can write amazing songs.” Yoongi mumbled. 

“Yoongi-ah, look at me. Look at me.” Yoongi slowly turned his head to look at Zhoumi. “Last time, you said that writing a song saved you. Do the same thing. But without drinking anything but water, coffee or soda. Okay?” Yoongi nodded at this. “Now sleep. You need to sleep. Shall I give you sleeping pills?”  

“Please. Or I won’t be able to sleep for days. I need to be in form tomorrow.” Yoongi replied as Zhoumi got up to get the pills and another glass of water. 

“Here.” 

“Thanks hyung. What would I be doing without you?” Yoongi said before taking the pills. 

“I wonder. Sleep well buddy.” Zhoumi said and Yoongi slowly drifted to sleep. 

  

At the café at night   

  

“Tae-Tae, why didn’t come with us to eat ddeokbokki yesterday?” Jungkook asked Taehyung as there was almost no one in the café. 

“I had something to do. But Hobi hyung told me that you got with Jimin? I’m happy for you Kook.” Taehyung replied, bumping his fist on Jungkook's shoulder, smiling widely. 

“Sorry buddy, I wanted to be the one to tell you but I couldn’t since we both were busy.” Jungkook apologetically smiled at Taehyung. “But it’s all thanks to you in fact.” Taehyung cocked an eyebrow at his friend. 

"How is that?" He asked. 

"After you told me all those things back in the park, you remember? It kinda gave me enough courage to admit I liked him and confess. So thank you." Jungkook said and hugged Taehyung tight. Taehyung returned the embrace with as much fervour as Jungkook had hugged him. 

"I'm so happy for you Kookie." They parted. "Is he the one?" He asked. 

"He is Tae. He is." Jungkook replied.  

 

Zhoumi's house at 10 A.M 

“Yoongi-ah, I’m back!” Zhoumi exclaimed as he entered his apartment after he went out for grocery shopping. He closed the door behind him and went to put all of his bags on the counter.  

“Yoongi-ah?” He looked toward the living room to find that Yoongi wasn’t lying like a corpse on it anymore but sitting straight and looking very troubled. 

“Yoongi, what’s the problem? Are you okay?” He asked, coming closer to Yoongi. 

“Hyung... A pen and a notepad please.” Yoongi said, looking up at Zhoumi. “Now.” Zhoumi immediately went to grab a pen and a notepad. He gave them to Yoongi who immediately began to write some things on it. After around ten minutes of writing non stop, occasionally scratching out entire sentences, Yoongi put the notepad aside and looked at Zhoumi. 

“It’s back hyung. The inspiration I was searching for.” He said. 

“I’m glad Yoongi-ah. I wished it would have been under other circumstances but well... It can’t be helped.” Yoongi shrugged. “I have a question. It might be uncomfortable for you to hear and answer it but can I still ask?” Zhoumi worriedly asked. 

“Go ahead hyung.” 

“Well, it’s about the song you wrote back then. Did you let anyone listen to it? Apart from me I mean.” Yoongi looked some seconds at Zhoumi before shaking his head. 

“No. I didn’t think that anyone at that time would have liked to listen to it. All of my friends were very angry against me and I couldn’t even look at myself anymore as you know. So I recorded it and saved it in my USB. I always have it with me because all this time I kept thinking that maybe someday I’ll be able to let them listen to it. But with what happened now I don’t think it’ll ever be possible. But it’s okay. I was kind of searching for this you know. I knew I should have stayed in Daegu but I just couldn’t stay away from Jin anymore, I was missing him too much. And I knew that I would have to meet Jimin anyhow but I never thought that he would have moved on.” Yoongi said and his pause lasted so long that Zhoumi decided to in. 

“You know what you said right now is really selfish. It sounds like you had the right to move on but not Jimin. Like he was supposed to wait for you as if someday you would go back to him. I’m sorry Yoongi but you just sounded like an .” He stated. 

“That’s what I am hyung. An . I keep on hurting the ones that I love, the ones that I care for. And I know I shouldn’t be jealous of that Jungkook guy because he is kind, cute, handsome and exactly what Jimin needs. But I can’t help it. I love Jin but what I had with Jimin was different. I can’t seem to get over him no matter how hard I try. What should I do? What should I do?” Yoongi said and without knowing it, tears fell from his eyes. Zhoumi rarely  saw Yoongi cry. In fact, it was the first time he saw him cry. And instead of feeling sad for him, he felt happy and smiled. 

“Why are you smiling hyung?” Yoongi asked before sniffling. 

“Because you’re crying. And that’s good.” Zhoumi simply answered and sat in front of Yoongi on the coffee table. 

“How can that be good? Do you like seeing me suffer?”  

“No. But it proves that you’re human and that you really love Jin. Back then you didn’t even shed a tear. Because you were disgusted with yourself. You never really liked Jimin more than just as a brother but you still chose to be his boyfriend. With Jin it’s different. You really loved him and couldn’t bear letting him go. Because that was it right? If I remember well, Jin was going to go out with one of the friends he had met at university. What was his name? Lee Jaehwan?” Yoongi nodded. “But you couldn’t stand seeing him going out with another man so you decided to leave Jimin and get with Jin. Because you genuinely love him. And now you’re crying because you’re hurt. You’re suffering and I think that you should go to this showcase I heard about from Henry. You should go there and talk with Jimin. Explain everything to him and be able to get over him. Because you don’t love him. You never did and never will. You still have a sort of lingering feeling for him because you feel guilty for what you did to him. So go explain everything to him and you’ll get over him.” When Zhoumi finally stopped talking, Yoongi looked at him and dried his tears with his sleeve. He smiled at Zhoumi and hugged him. 

“Thank you hyung. Thank you so much. I really owe you one.” He said. 

“Of course. Now get up and go cook me something. I’m tired of dealing with your emotional break downs. You’re so stupid sometime.” Zhoumi said and pushed Yoongi over so that he could lay on his couch. “Hurry! I’m hungry!” he whined. Yoongi burst out laughing, showing his gummy smile. 

“Okay, I’m going! What do you wanna eat?” he asked, getting up. 

“Kimchi jeon!” Zhoumi said. 

“Okay, will be right at it.” Yoongi replied and went to the kitchen. 

“Finally. This guy is able to realise what he feels. He just needs to know how to explain his feelings and it will all be alright.” Zhoumi said and sighed deeply before allowing himself to close his eyes 

 

In the meantime at Hoseok’s dance studio 

“Okay guys, see you tonight!” Hoseok shouted and all the members of the crew quickly grabbed their stuffs and went out of the room. Jungkook got up from where he was sitting and went to Jimin. 

“Are you okay hyung? Water?” he asked, giving Jimin his water bottle. Jimin gladly took it and gulped half of it before smiling at Jungkook. 

“Thanks babe. I’m okay. It will all be over tonight anyway. And I kinda like overworking my body. The burning feelings in my limbs is great.” Jimin said and Jungkook sat beside him. 

“But be careful please. I don’t think I could bear seeing you in pain.” Jungkook said, slightly pouting. 

“I’ll be, don’t worry.” Jimin said and pecked Jungkook’s lips. 

“Are you serious? Please, stop being all lovey-dovey!” Hoseok whined. Jungkook giggled and looked up at him. 

“How is it going with Tae?” Jungkook asked and Hoseok choked. 

“Wh-What?” Hoseok asked, stuttering and trying not to die. 

“Did you confess already? Because Tae seems more than interested in you, just saying...” Jungkook went on, placing his arms around Jimin’s waist and pulling him even closer if it was possible. “You could be the one doing this with Tae, you know?” he trailed on. 

“Okay, stop!” Hoseok said and ran to sist in front of Jungkook. “Are you serious? How did you found out? Was I too obvious?” he asked, a bit panicked. 

“No, but I can feel it. Tae is very interested in you hyung but he’s scared to ask you. He is worried that you only see him as a friend and not as a possible boyfriend.” Jungkook explained. 

“You’re always talking about and with him, so it’s obvious for us but maybe not for him.” Jimin added. 

“Do you really think I have a chance?” Hoseok asked. 

“He’s my best friend hyung. I know him better than he knows himself, maybe better than his mother. You can trust me, he wants more than to be friends with you.” Jungkook said, placing a reassuring hand on Hoseok’s shoulder and beaming at him. 

“Okay, after the show tonight I’ll confess. I will.” Hoseok said, more to himself but both Jimin and Jungkook smiled at this new found determination. 

“Fighting hyung!” Jimin said and got up, pulling Jungkook behind him. “Come on Kookie, let’s go to the café. I miss Jin hyung.” Jimin said and grabbed his bag before going towards the locker room. He came back all freshened up and grabbing Jungkook’s hand once more, he shouted a farewell to Hoseok and flew out of the practice room. 

“Are you sure you wanna go to the café?” Jungkook asked. 

“Why? Jin hyung is there.” Jimin said, pretending not to understand what -or more who- Jungkook was talking about. 

“Jimin-ah. Yoongi hyung is there. I don’t want you to be awkward with me because of him. We can go elsewhere if you want." Jungkook said. Jimin stopped and looked at him.

“Jungkook. I want to go there. I don’t care about Yoongi hyung. He’s with Jin hyung now and I’m with you. I don’t want anyone else. Just you and you and re-you. I don’t care about him. But I care about Jin hyung and I want to see him. So let’s go.” Jimin said and intertwined his fingers with Jungkook’s. They resumed walking, in silence now, being as comfortable as ever. They soon arrived to the café and entered, going straight to the counter where Jin seemed busy. 

“Hyung!” Jimin exclaimed. Jin looked up at him but he seemed so depressed, Jimin’s smiled immediately disappeared from his face. “What happened? You seem depressed. Is there something wrong?” Jimin asked. 

“What? No. Yoongi is sick, he couldn’t come so I’m a bit worried about his well being. And since he’s not here to help, we’re a bit overrunned." Jin explained.

“I can help hyung. I don’t have anything to do today besides supporting my boyfriend here. And I’m sure he doesn’t mind if I help, right?” Jungkook asked, turning to Jimin. 

“Of course! Go help him sweetie, I’ll just sit there and flirt with you when you’ll come take my order.” Jimin said, kissing Jungkook on the cheek and going to sit down. Jungkook giggled, looking at him fondly. Jin let out a shaky breath looking at them. It was very unusual of him and even if Jungkook hasn’t known him for too long, he could feel something was off. 

“Hyung, are you really okay?” Jungkook asked, taking an apron and tying it around his waist. 

“Yes. Don’t worry. Thank you for helping Jungkook, I will add this to your pay.” Jin said as Jungkook went behind the counter. 

“No it’s okay. I don’t need you to.” Jungkook replied, taking a little notepad and a pen. “I’ll go take Jimin’s order now.” He said, smiling from ear to ear as he walked towards his boyfriend. 

Seeing them like this was hurting Jin a lot. Because he was supposed to be happy for them but after what Yoongi told him, he couldn’t. It just made his heart ache and he couldn’t stop wondering what Jimin had that he didn’t. He was Yoongi’s perfect match and he knew it but somehow he couldn’t compete against Jimin. Jin waited for Jungkook to go to another table and left aside what he was doing and went to talk to Jimin. He sat in front of him and looked at him for some seconds. 

“Hyung? What is it?” Jimin asked. 

“Jimin-ah, we’re best friends, right?” Jin asked. 

“Of course.” 

“The bestest best friends, right?” Jin went on. 

“Let’s say we are even if this doesn’t exist.” Jimin replied, smiling. 

“So why do I feel so bad? Why do I feel like this?” Jin asked. 

“What are you saying? How do you feel? Talk to me hyung, I’m here for you.” Jimin said, taking Jin’s hand. 

“Do you hate me for taking Yoongi away from you?” Jin asked. Jimin was a bit taken aback by the question but shook his head. 

“No. It wasn’t your fault, nor Yoongi hyung’s. It was no one’s fault. Some people are just not meant to be together. I don’t hate you for loving Yoongi hyung and I don’t hate him for having left me. But somehow it still hurts when I see him. He was my first love you know. But a first love isn’t everything. When you find the right person, there’s no first love anymore. That’s how it is for me. I thought that I couldn’t live anymore when Yoongi left me but Hoseok helped me get up and I met Jungkook. He is the right one, I know it and that’s why I’m so happy. You must forget what happened and live happily happily with Yoongi hyung. You’re meant to be together and don’t think about me because I moved on. I moved on a long time ago, I just needed to find someone to prove myself that I did.” Jimin explained and Jungkook came with a blueberry cake. 

“I asked a strawberry cake Kookie.” Jimin said, looking at Jungkook. 

“I know. But I like blueberry more.” He simply replied. 

“What does it have to do with you? I am the customer here.” Jimin laughed. 

“Yes, but I want to share the cake with you and I don’t feel like eating a strawberry cake today.” Jungkook stated and sat beside Jimin and took out a fork from behind his back. He cut a piece of the cake and brought the fork to Jimin’s lips. 

“Say ‘ah~’ Jiminie!” he said and Jimin giggled before opening his mouth. Jungkook shoved the fork into his mouth and let him chew as he took a piece himself. 

“What are you doing here anyway hyung? Not that I mind but didn’t you say that you had a lot of work to do?” Jungkook said. 

“I have but I wanted to talk to Jimin a bit. I missed him these past few days.” Jin said and smiled whaat seemed like a genuine smile that had both Jimin and Jungkook satisfied. Jin stood up and went back to the counter. What Jimin said was true. A first love is nothing compared to a real love. Yoongi was Jin’s first love and even if Jin wasn’t Yoongi’s, it didn’t matter since they were meant to be together. Jin took out his phone and dialled Yoongi’s number but he didn’t pick up. He called around five times and decided to go where he thought he would be. Jin took off his apron and flew out of the café after telling Jimin and Jungkook that he had something to do. 

He began to run with all his might, thinking about Jimin’s words again and again along with some of the happiest moments he had with Yoongi flashing in his mind. He ran and ran until he felt his legs would give up and finally reached his destination. He stood in front of this door, this same door he saw some years ago when he dumped Lee Jaehwan for Yoongi. He took a deep breath and finally rang the bell. What he didn’t expect was to see Yoongi opening the door. The smaller man was standing in front of Jin, both probably wearing the sma shocked expression. They stood still some moments before Yoongi rushed to Jin and hugged him tight, bursting into tears. Jin returned the hug, shocked but also pleased to have Yoongi in his arms all over again. It had only been 24 hours but he already missed him, his touch, his body, his voice, his everything. 

“H-hyung... Ji-jinnie... I’m s-sorry...” Yoongi was sobbing hard and he couldn’t seem to let go of Jin. The latter wasn’t complaining but he really wanted to go inside so he managed to get out of Yoongi’s grip and took his hand, pulling him inside behind him. They went to the living room and sat on the couch. 

“Yoongi, I love you. Even if you still have feelings for Jimin, I don’t care. You were my first love and you’ll always be. I’d like you to love me but if you can’t, then you just can’t. But please, don’t ever leave my side. I only need to have you by my side, even just as a friend. Please.” He brought his hands to Yoongi’s face and wiped his tears. Yoongi grabbed his hands and put them down. 

“Hyung, you don’t seem to understand. I love you. I always have and I always will. I tried to make it work with Jimin back then, I used him to forget you and I’m disgusted with myself but I can’t go back now. It’s too late. I’d like to be friends with him again but it’s impossible and I’ll blame myself for that my whole life.” Yoongi said and Jin hugged him. 

“It’s not your fault. And I’m sure he wants to be friends with you again but he needs some explanations. You at least owe him that.” Jin statedand Yoongi nodded. He detached himself from Jin and leaned to kiss him. Jin slid his arms around Yoongi’s neck and got closer to him, their chests colliding. Just then, Zhoumi entered the living room and coughed loudly, making the two men jump. 

“I see that you’re back together. Congratulations. Yoongi before going out of my house, can you cook me lunch? I’m exhausted." Zhoumi begged. Yoongi sighed, shaking his head in exasperation but a wide smile was on his lips. Jin stood up. 

“I will cook for you hyung because you allowed Yoongi to invade your home once again. And I’m a better cook than him.” He said and kissed Yoongi's head before going to the kitchen. Zhoumi went to sit beside Yoongi and hugged him tight, making Yoongi laugh. 

 

In the evening, at the showcase 

Jungkook was in the front row, with Namjoon and Taehyung by his side. The other performances were great and he was afraid that Jimin was too stressed after having seen them and he couldn't stop frowning at this thought. 

"Jimin will be okay Jungkook. He's probably freaking out a bit right now but he's with Hoseok. Hoseok is his pillar. It will all be alright, don't worry." Namjoon told him, placing a hand on his shoulder. Jungkook nodded and Seokjin came out of nowhere, sitting beside Namjoon. 

"Joonie! I'm here, I hope I didn't miss anything, I was busy." He said and Namjoon curiously looked at him. 

"No but where were you, I went to the café with Hoseok to fetch Jimin and Jungkook and they were the one to close the café. What is more important than your café?" Namjoon said and Jungkook looked at them at the question. 

"You know, some things are more important and this was an emergency." Jin answered, not looking at Namjoon but at his feet. Namjoon was about to say something but the lights went down and so he reluctantly focused his eyes to the stage.  

Music began to play and every member of the crew had one light focused on him/her. Jungkook easily spotted Jimin and he looked unbelievably flawless. He had styled his hair and had some eyeliner that made his eyes look even more cat-like. Jungkook was solely focused on Jimin and he could swear that when he began to dance he died because he found himself in heaven. Or more like in Hell because damn those hip s! Jungkook was ready to faint. He had seen Jimin during practices but during the practice sessions, he didn't have this flirty look, he wasn't repeatedly his lips, his hand combing his hair every five seconds. And then, Jungkook came back to life. Jimin locked eyes with him and winked at him. Taehyung elbowed him. 

"Son, you're drooling now. Close your mouth." He said, chuckling but he was drooling at Hoseok too. Jungkook closed his mouth and he could see Jimin's smirk so clearly, he was about to die from embarrassment. Not that Jimin wasn't aware of how much Jungkook fantasized about him, he was well aware of that, but he was still embarrassed of his reactions sometimes.   

In the blink of an eye, the performance was over and Jungkook could breathe again. He saw Jimin go backstage not without looking at him one last time.  

"Now, we just have to wait some minutes since they were the last. I'm sure they'll win, their performance was the best out there." Namjoon said and Jungkook nodded again. They stayed seated and when the judges came on the stage followed by all the teams that had performed, they stood up, looking at the judge and the enveloppe he had in his hand. He took the mic a staff was giving him and brought it to his lips. 

"The showcase has ended and the judges had chosen the winner. The decision wasn't easy to take, you saw it with your own eyes, all the teams were amazing but one of them really stood out.  And this team is... BANGTAN! Congratulations!!" The MC shouted while a staff came to give the giant trophy to Hoseok who was so happy he was on the verge of crying. Namjoon sighed in relief while Taehyung jumped everywhere out of joy as Jungkook couldn't believe it. Jimin won. Not alone but with his team and Jungkook couldn't be happier for his boyfriend. Talking about him, where was he? As he followed his friends in the backstage as Namjoon was muttering 'Now I have to console this stupid horse' Jungkook was looking all around for Jimin. They approached the crying Hoseok as Jungkook was still turning his head like a crazy man, looking for his boyfriend. 

"If you're looking for Jimin, he's in the changing room." Hoseok said and Jungkook immediately went to the changing rooms. The door was slightly open and as he was about to enter, he heard someone's voice. But it wasn't Jimin's. It was Min Yoongi's. 

"I'm sorry Jimin." He was saying. 

"You're sorry? You come months later, on one of the happiest days of my life to tell me that you're sorry?" Jimin's tone wasn't harsh, it was soft as always, but also kind of desperate. "For what? For not loving me like I wanted you to? For using me? For throwing me away? I already forgave you. What do you want more?" He asked. Yoongi took a step forward. 

"I want us to be friends again." Yoongi answered. 

"We never stopped being friends hyung. I always was your friend.  But you never properly broke up with me. I had to wait for Jin hyung to tell me and this months after you mysteriously disappeared. I really loved you hyung. You were my first love and nothing can replace a first love." Jimin explained and Jungkook felt tears prickling at his eyes before turning around and going out unnoticed of the showcase hall. Jimin's words couldn't stop echoing in Jungkook's head and without knowing it, he began to walk not really going somewhere but having a place in mind. 

'First love' Jimin has said. Jimin was Jungkook's first love. 'Nothing can replace a first love' he has said too. And Jungkook indeed felt like this. He quickly fell in love with Jimin and he knew he could never love anyone else. Jimin was his other half, his soulmate as people said. He could see himself growing old with Jimin only but since five minutes, he saw himself all alone and Jimin growing old with Min Yoongi. Jungkook had been searching his whole life something to live for. He had tried living for his family, for his friends, for his studies, for his passion, what he loved to do more than anything else. But he couldn't find anything. His mother always told him to live as himself so when he did his coming out, his parents were proud of him because he could accept who he truly was. His mother also told him that without her husband, she didn't think she would be able to live anymore. If someday he stopped loving her, he doesn't know what she would do, what she would be capable of just to win him back. So as Jungkook was standing on the railings of his balcony back on this day, he thought about those words about finding someone to love. And he understood. He liked a lot of boys back in middle and high school but he never fell in love. He was like his mother, he had to find someone to love but also someone to love him too. And although this day could have been his last, he was grateful that the skies gave him another chance to live. When he was safe again, his fee touching the ground again, he was determined to find Love. He had to. And when he woke up two weeks later after he was rescued, he felt that something good would happen and he thought of going to thank the person who had alerted the rescuers. So he went and when the guy opened the door, he heard it. The sound of a bell ringing in his ears and in his heart. And he knew. But he still stayed very careful. He wanted to love but also to be loved. And so he waited. He became friends with Jimin and slowly fell more and more in love with him until he finally confessed and found out that his feelings were reciprocated. Which bring us back to the present. Jungkook was now standing on a bridge, looking down at Han River which was flowing under his feet. Jungkook finally let the tears fall as he bent over the railing of the bridge. He saw his tears fall into the water and he couldn't stop crying anymore. He wasn't afraid of dying anymore, he had tried many times before. He was just so sure that Jimin was the one, he had told Taehyung and now that he knew how Jimin felt about it, he knew he won't be able to look at Jimin ever again. So he came here, not without some nostalgia and bend over the railing. He spanned it and stood straight on the little concrete thing he could still feel under his feet before he fell into the freezing water. He could already feel how cold it was and it sent shivers down his spine. He was imagining himself feeling his senses die down one by one, him trying to breathe but suffocating and finally falling in the deep slumber that was death. 

 

Back at the showcase hall 

"We never stopped being friends hyung. I always was your friend.  But you never properly broke up with me. I had to wait for Jin hyung to tell me and this months after you mysteriously disappeared. I really loved you hyung. You were my first love and nothing can replace a first love." Jimin said. Yoongi looked at him for some seconds and Jimin went on. "At least that was what I thought. No matter how much I loved you, I could never love anyone else as much as I love Jungkook now. I moved on just like you did, maybe not as fast as you but I did and it's all thanks to Hoseok hyung and moreover Jungkook. He made me  feel loved even when we weren't together yet which you only did in the beginning of our relationship. And I'm not blaming you. I'm just telling you what I felt back then and what I feel right now. Jungkook saved me. He held out his hand for me and I gladly took it. I could never go on without him anymore." Jimin finished and before Yoongi could say anything, Jimin went out of the changing room as Jin was coming towards him. They nodded at each other and as Jimin was searching for Jungkook, he was met with Tae. 

"Jimin-ah! Jungkook disappeared!" He said, his voice laced with an extreme worry. 

"It's okay Tae, he probably got lost between all those people, why do you seem so worried?" Jimin  asked. 

"Because I saw him going out of here. He came back from the changing rooms and he went out, looking depressed." Tae explained and Jimin froze for a second.  

"When was it?" He hurriedly asked. 

"Just now I think five minutes ago." Tae answered. Jimin took his arm and began to run, getting out of the building.  

"Do you know where he goes when he's depressed?" Jimin asked, slowing down a little, trying to stay calm. 

"No, it's been ages since... Oh my gosh, Jimin what happened?" Tae asked, turning Jimin around so he could face him. 

"I think he heard me talk with Yoongi hyung about how nothing could replace a first love. But he didn't hear what I said after." Jimin explained and Taehyung seemed both angry and a bit relieved. 

"You're stupid Jimin. But the good thing now is that I know where he is and you better run there. He's at the Banpo Bridge, he always went there when he was depressed." Tae said before walking away. 

"Banpo Bridge? Aren't you coming with me? It's your best friend." Jimin asked. 

"No, you must resolve that between you two. I have nothing to do with this but hurry. That's all I can tell you." Tae said and Jimin nodded before going away. 

Jimin ran and ran until he finally saw the bridge. He stopped for a second and saw a young man in the distance, standing  still on the bridge before then bending over the railing. Jimin gasped and ran till he was at around 5 meters of Jungkook. He was crying and Jimin's heart broke at that but he felt that he had to wait. Then, Jungkook spanned the railing and stood face down, looking at the river. He was still holding firmly onto the railing but then he slowly bent some more, extending his arms behind him. As Jimin felt that he was going to fall, he sprinted towards Jungkook and caught his arm. 

"Jungkook! What are you doing?" Jimin exclaimed. 

"Why are you here hyung? You should go back, let me here." Jungkook said, trying to free his arm. Jimin tightened his grip on Jungkook. 

"Jungkookie, turn around and give me your hands." Jimin said, extending his other hand so that Jungkook would take it. Jungkook shook his head. 

"Let go of me hyung. I heard what you said to Yoongi. I'm sorry that I couldn't take his place in your heart but I tried hard, I really tried because I love you a lot hyung." Jungkook said, more tears flowing out his eyes. 

"Jungkook come back here, I'll explain everything to you. Please, I beg you Kookie, take my hand, come here." Jimin said and since Jungkook was hesitating Jimin grabbed him by his waist and pulled him on the road, falling on the ground.  

Jimin took Jungkook into his arms and hugged him tight, swaying back and forth, trying to comfort him. He knew it was his fault that Jungkook was like this and he felt so guilty, he felt like throwing up. After some minutes, Jungkook had stopped crying and he tried getting out of Jimin's embrace. 

"No, Jungkook I'm not letting you go until you listen to me. What you heard wasn't all I told Yoongi. It wasn't even the most important part. I admit, I loved Yongi hyung a lot. He was all I had back then. But not anymore. I moved on, thanks to Hoseok but also thanks to you. You literally saved me Jungkook. I love you." Jimin said, looking in Jungkook's eyes. 

 "No hyung. You saved me, not the contrary. I was the one hanging down my balcony this day and you rescued me. I wanted to thank you for saving me. And when I saw you, I found a reason to live. My own reason. You. I don't know if I can say that I fell in love at first sight, but I know that as I was spending time with you, I realised that I wanted to live for a long time and with you, only you. I love you a lot Jimin. But I'm still confused about what you said to Yoongi hyung." Jungkook explained 

"Don't think about it anymore Jungkook. I told you that I love you. I'll repeat it a million times if you want. Just believe me. Trust me Jungkook." Jimin said and Jungkook kissed him. 

"Do you feel it?" Jungkook asked against Jimin's lips. "Is you heart exploding as well? Because mine is." Jungkook said before Jimin kissed him. They kissed like this for some minutes but detached themselves to breathe. 

"Do you want me to tell you a secret?" Jimin asked and Jungkook nodded. "You were my first everything Kookie. I never kissed Yoongi hyung or anyone else before. You're the one and only for me." Jimin admitted and Jungkook smiled. 

"I'm glad. I would never like to kiss anyone else or for you to. You know that I will love you forever right, Jiminie?" Jungkook said, nuzzling into Jimin's chest. Jimin giggled. 

"Same here Kookie. How about we go home? I'm a bit cold to be honest." Jimin said and Jungkook nodded, getting up and helping Jimin afterwards. They began to walk home and Jimin thought of calling Taehyung. 

"I have to call Tae to tell him that you're okay. He was the one to tell me that you were here." Jimin stated, looking at Jungkook as the latter intertwined their fingers. 

"He seems stupid like that but he's very smart. He told me that he'd never forget this place and he really didn't. I should give him a gift." Jungkook said, smiling softly. 

"We should." Jimin said and dialled Tae's number. "Hello? Tae? Yes, he's fine, don't worry. We're going home right now. What? Why?" Jimin looked at Jungkook for a brief second. "No it's okay, we have to talk together. Yeah, see you." Jimin said and hung up. 

"What's going on?" Jungkook asked.  

"Tae told me that apparently Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung are at our home. Or more mine but where's the difference?" Jimin stated and Jungkook giggled before turning serious. 

"You're right, we have to talk with them. More like you  with Yoongi hyung but since you're mine, where is the difference?" Jungkook joked, earning him a kiss on the cheek. They walked home in a comfortable silence, their fingers intertwined and stealing glances from time to time. When they arrived in front of their building, Jungkook squeezed Jimin's hand. 

"You'll get all the explanations you've yearned for all this time and I'll be here for you. Don't worry, it'll all be okay." Jungkook assured Jimin and made them enter. They took the elevator and when they got out of it, Jin and Yoongi were waiting for them in front of Jimin's door.  

"Jiminie. I think we need to talk. Can we enter?" Jin asked, getting closer to the couple as Yoongi stayed in the background. Jimin looked at him. 

"Of course hyung, have I ever said no to one of your requests?" Jimin asked, smiling, unlocking the door to his apartment. He stepped in, followed by Jungkook then Seokjin and lastly Yoongi. 

"Do you want something to drink?" Jimin asked as he took his jacket off. 

"Maybe some tea? Or coffee?" Jin said. Jimin nodded and as he was about to go to the kitchen, Junkook stopped him. 

"I'll do it. Sit down, I'll be right back." Jungkook said and kissed him softly before walking to the kitchen. Jimin sat down on the couch, followed by Jin and Yoongi who sat on two separate little armchairs. 

"So, what do you wanna talk about?" Jimin asked, only looking at Jin, totally ignoring Yoongi. 

"Let's wait for Jungkook." Yoongi said. His voice sounded very stressed and it didn't go unnoticed by Jimin. But he didn't say anything back and only nodded. Some minutes of stifling silence later Jungkook came back with four cups of tea. He sat next to Jimin and took his hand again. 

"So, may we know what brought you here?" Jungkook asked, looking directly at Yoongi. 

"I have some things to explain and I think that you need to know too Jungkook." Yoongi answered. 

"Go ahead then." Jungkook replied and Jimin squeezed his hand a little. 

"So, some months ago, I was still friends with Jimin, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin. We were all very close. We were friends since high school and one day, as we were chilling at Namjoon's, Jimin confessed. He told me that he liked me and asked me to be his boyfriend. I already knew that he was gay, of course, and he knew that I was too. I always liked him very much, I was more caring with him than with anyone. I said yes and we began going out. It lasted some months, and then Jin met some guy at university. They became close very quickly and he began to come less often to our gatherings. I began to feel concerned. I was less with Jimin, I stopped caring about him. I began to care about Jin, always wondering where he was, what he was doing and every time I was imagining him with someone else, my blood would began to boil and I quickly realised that I had fallen in love with him.  One day, I heard Jin talking with Namjoon. He was telling him that that guy, Jaehwan, asked him out and he didn't know what to do. This got me going crazy and I immediately confessed. Jin rejected Jaehwan and came looking for me and told me that he felt the same. However, we both had totally forgotten about Jimin." At that, Jimin stiffened, his breath getting caught in his throat. He didn't react, neither Jungkook but the latter felt the sudden tension that was beginning to rise in Jimin. He his hand wit his thumb and his hyung calmed down a bit. 

"Well. So we thought of telling him directly. But I couldn't. I chickened out and ran off to one of my friend's house and decided to stop seeing Jin in the meantime. After some weeks of depression, I decided to take some fresh air and went to my hometown Daegu to get some fresh air. As you probably know, I write and compose songs like Namjoon. And when I was feeling depressed about all I did to you Jimin, I oddly found the inspiration I was looking for since a long time and wrote a song. I sent it to my friend and he was the only one to hear it until now. I want you to listen to it." Yoongi said and looked at Jimi for approbation. Jimin nodded slowly and Jin got out his Bluetooth speaker and Yoongi sent his song from his phone to the speaker. The music began with a soft piano but it quickly got louder and stronger, as if to emphasise the fact that someone was suffering a lot. And indeed, Jimin felt this pain, he felt it all over again and began to cry. He felt that this song was written for him and he suddenly felt thankful towards Yoongi.  Jungkook hugged him tight as Jimin's tears were soaking his shirt but he could care less. He knew that Jimin was feeling overwhelmed and he could almost feel all this pressure that Jimin has been feeling all this time disappearing, flowing out of Jimin as he was crying. The music ended and Jin was crying as well. 

"I'm sorry Jimin-ah." Jin slowly said. "I know what you said but I'm still sorry." Jimin lifted his head and smiled at Yoongi. 

"I feel much better now. If you had let me listen to that song sooner, maybe I would have been able to move on quicker. But I understand why you didn't. Thank you for explaining everything to me. I feel relieved." Jimin said and he got up, hugging Yoongi. "Thanks hyung." 

"Thank you Jimin. I finally feel free." Yoongi said and Jimin came back to sit beside Jungkook. "I hope you don't hate me too much Jungkook."  

"I hated you until some minutes ago. I listened very carefully to your story and even if I still am angry that you used Jimin, I understand. You were lost and confused. I'm happy that you found the person that was made for you." Jungkook answered. Yoongi smiled shyly and Jin took his hand. 

"I knew that you would understand Junkook. I'm very thankful to you." Jin stated. 

"Hyung, everyone face some issues in life. And maybe I would never have met Jimin if he hadn't lived those hardships. I can't be happier than I am now. And I hope it's the same for Jimin." Jungkook replied. 

"Of course. I love you Kookie." Jimin said and hugged Jungkook tight. Yoongi looked at them for some seconds and sighed. 

"I'm relieved that you found someone to take care of you Jimin. I'm sorry that I wasn't the one but I'm happy for you." Yoongi stated. 

"By the way, I decided something." Jin began and Jimin looked at him worriedly. "I'm going to give my café to Joonie and go back to Daegu with Yoongi. We decided to go back there for sometime." He explained. 

"What? But I won't be able to see you anymore then." Jimin said, looking sad. 

"You know I'll always be there for you, whenever you need me. And you have Jungkook now, he'l take care of you. Of course, I'm irreplaceable, but I will come see you at least one time per month. So don't worry Jiminie." Jin said and smiled brightly at Jimin. Yoongi looked at the time. 

"It's already 10 in the evening. We should get going." Jungkook nodded and got up, followed by Jimin. They all hugged and Jin and Yoongi took their leave. Jimin closed the door and stanted still for a moment. He needed some time to comprehend everything that had happened right now. When he was sure he understood everything, he looked at Jungkook and hugged him. 

"I love you Jungkookie." He almost whispered. 

"I love you too hyung. Are you okay?" Jungkook asked. Jimin nodded, his head buried in Jungkook's chest. 

"Yes. I've never felt so good. I'm so happy. I got the answers I've been waiting for and a love I thought I'd never find. What would I want more?" Jimin said, looking up at Jungkook and kissing him. They got back to the living room, still kissing, and Jungkook made Jimin lie down on the couch. Jimin giggled and Jungkook stopped. 

"Why are you laughing?" He asked. 

"Are we really going to do it now?" Jimin asked. 

"Yes. You don't want to?" Jungkook worriedly asked. He would never want to force Jimin to do anything, even if it meant that he would have to hold back. 

"No, no, I'm totally in. Just wondering if there's a special reason." Jimin explained. 

"Should there be a special reason for us to make love ?" Jungkook asked, laughing. Jimin blushed and Jungkook gave him a peck on his forehead. "Let's say it's to celebrate the fact that you got your answers and that we'll love each other forever" Jungkook stated and Jimin laughed before kissing Jungkook.

"Okay then. Let's celebrate."


Author's Note :

Finally, I updated the last chapter^^ I'm satisfied with how it ended but don't hesitate to tell me what you think of it^^

It wasn't showed explicitly but VHope becomes a couple at the end^^ I liked writing the bromance between Namjoon and Hoseok as something more romantic, it was funny but I didn't want them to end together. I mean, we need at least one straight character and even if Namjoon isn't the most suited for that, there wasn't another one left XD

I have a tiny question : Would you like an epilogue? Like some years after or something along that line? I'm satisfied with the end but maybe you'd have liked another ending? I don't know^^ But if you want an epilogue or anything, leave a comment or send me a PM, I'll always read and answer ;-)

Thank you for reading, it was kind of hard to write this story since it was very different from what I had written at the time and it took me a lot of time to finish it and I'm very sorry. I'll soon begin the editing because there are some horribles typos LMAO

I love you all ♥

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3