Chapter 7

The Clinging Man

There might be some typos, I didn't have time to edit it yet... Sorry^^'


It’s been one week now that Jungkook hasn’t approached Jimin. He had done everything to avoid him even if he was feeling lonely now. Jimin was kind of surprised by his friend’s sudden behaviour but decided to give him some space. He admitted that he has been too flirty with him the last time they met but he wasn’t meaning to embarrass the younger. He just wanted to joke with him, even if for him it wasn’t really a joke. He was being alluring in purpose but thinking back, he realised that maybe he pushed the joke too far. Jimin was really feeling lonely not having the younger around every second of every day. But since he had to get up and go to give his class, he brushed the thought away and began to prepare. As he was going out of his apartment, he saw Jungkook enter his and quickly slam the door. Jimin wondered where the younger was and why he returned home this late. He saw that he was wearing the café’s shirt so maybe he was back from work. But he was supposed to finish his shift at 2A.M instead of 8A.M. ‘Did he stay out after the end of his shift?’ Jimin thought. He decided to call Jin on his way to the dance studio. He climbed in his car and dialled Jin’s number before turning the hands-free mode on.

“Hello? Jimin? What a coincidence, I was about to call you.” Jin answered the call.

“Really, Why?” Jimin asked.

“It’s about Jungkook. Have you seen him?”

“Not really, why? Is there a problem?”

“It’s just that we talked a bit after the end of his shift yesterday-I mean this morning-and after the end of our conversation, he went back home.”

“I don’t see where is the problem hyung.”

“The problem is that when I got out of the shop, I came across him in a park nearby, crying. I didn’t disturb him but I think he stayed there quite a long time.”

“What?!” Jimin exclaimed, stopping his car on the side of the road. “Hyung, what did you talk about?”

“I asked him about why you had to save him the other day. He didn’t go into the details but I think that there’s something more than just the rescue. I think you need to talk to him.”

“Hyung, there is something that you seem to not understand. Jungkook isn’t as easy going as you or me about talking. He is a very reserved person; he doesn’t like to talk about his problems because he doesn’t want anyone to worry about him. He likes to be discreet so every time he meets someone new, it takes him some time to be comfortable with the person and even when he is totally comfortable, he still stays silent because he prefers to take care of people instead of taking care of him. That’s the kind of person Jungkook is and you’ve messed so much things up talking about this topic, I don’t know what I can do with him now.” Jimin explained. He sounded angry but really wasn’t. He was more worried for Jungkook, about his state of mind at this moment because even if he wanted to prove that he was an adult, he was still very vulnerable and self-conscious about what people thought of him.

“I-I’m sorry Jimin-ah… I didn’t know I’m really sorry. But please, could you try something? I’m very worried about him right now, and he doesn’t answer his phone.” Jin apologized.   

 “It is okay hyung, I’m sorry I’m also very worried. I’ll go see him right now and I’ll tell you about it after. I’m hanging up.” Jimin said and hung up.

He then called Hoseok to tell him that he wouldn’t be able to teach today because of personal issues and drove back to his apartment.

When he arrived, Jimin took the elevator as fast as possible and knocked on Jungkook’s door. He stayed in front of the door for about one minute before Jungkook came to open it. When Jungkook saw Jimin, his eyes widened and he tried to close the door but Jimin prevented him to do so.

“Jungkook, are you okay?” Jimin asked.  No answer. Jimin took a second to look at Jungkook’s face and saw that he looked very tired and sad and that his nose and eyes were red.

“Jungkook, we need to talk.”

“Don’t you have class hyung?” Jungkook asked and his voice was hoarse as if he cried all night long.

“You’re more important than my class. Let me in now.” Jungkook sighed and let him enter.

“Hyung, I don’t understand how I can be more important than your class…” Jungkook said as Jimin was making himself comfortable, sitting on the couch in the living room.

“You are my friend Kookie and I care a lot about you. You’ve been avoiding me the whole week. What’s wrong?” Jimin asked as Jungkook sat down beside him.

“There’s nothing wrong. I was just very busy, that’s all hyung.” Jungkook answered, avoiding Jimin’s eyes.

“Jungkookie, Jin hyung told me that he talked with you.” Jungkook sighed at that and looked at Jimin.

“I don’t want to talk about that hyung. I don’t know why you came to see me if you already know what happened.”

“I don’t know what happened. Jin hyung only told me that you talked about the day you were hanging by the balcony, nothing else. I want you to tell me what happened and why you look so down.” Jimin explained.

“It’s just… We talked about the fact that you saved me and that I was thankful. He then asked things like how close we are and I said that we are great friends and I’m happy I’ve made a new friend. That’s all.” Jungkook explained. He wasn’t going to tell Jimin everything, it would be embarrassing.

Jimin knew that Jungkook wasn’t telling him everything. He thought that maybe it was something embarrassing so he decided to tell him something personal.

“Jungkook-ah, can I tell you something personal? This is something I’ve never told anyone about. Do you want to know?” Jimin asked. Jungkook slowly nodded. Jimin took a deep breath.

“In fact, when I came to Seoul it was to become an idol but not only that. I was kicked out by my parents in Busan because… I’m gay. I like boys and my parents didn’t like it so they kicked me out and my only option was to come to Seoul.” Jimin said, avoiding looking into Jungkook’s eyes. There was a silence for some minutes when Jungkook giggled. Jimin looked up to find a cute bunny smile plastered on Jungkook’s face.

“Why are you laughing?”

“You’re an idiot Jimin. I already knew that you were gay.” Jungkook answered, smiling sweetly at Jimin.

“How?” Jimin asked, totally dumbfounded.

“I kinda discovered it when Jin hyung told me that he was with Yoongi. I supposed that you must be gay too since you’re best friends. I asked him and he told me that you were gay.”

“And… do you have a problem with gay people?” Jimin worriedly asked.

“What? Not at all! My best friend is gay! And don’t you think I would have stopped talking to you earlier if it was the case? You’re cute hyung. But I’m sorry that you got kicked out because of that. I don’t understand how some parents could kick out their own kids just because of small things like that. Who you like doesn’t define who you are inside.” Jungkook said and Jimin smiled widely at that.

“Thank you Kookie. Will you tell me why you got disappointed with Jin hyung?” Jimin asked with hope in his voice and Jungkook gave in.

“It’s embarrassing… We were talking about you and… You remember, you told me you knew Suga hyung and that you were ‘kind of friends’ with him?” Jimin nodded. “I also remembered that Suga hyung told me to take care of you and that you’re precious so I asked Jin hyung about it because you seemed to be more than just ‘kind of friend’ with him. He told me that Suga hyung and you were together before. I was a bit surprised because your personalities are very different but I guess it’s stupid, it’s not like Jin hyung’s personality is close to Suga hyung’s. That’s all. I wasn’t disappointed; it’s just that something came up after that. I’m sorry that you worried about me.” Jungkook explained. He sensed that Jimin was still sceptical about what he said. He took his head and made him look straight in his eyes. “Hyung, you believe me, right? I’m telling you the truth. That’s all that happened.” Jimin stayed still, enjoying the warmth that Jungkook’s touch caused in his whole body. He slowly nodded and had the sudden urge to kiss Jungkook but held back, waiting for the latter to remove his hands.

Jungkook thought he had to remove his hands but his body wasn’t moving at all. All he could feel was his blood boiling at the feeling of Jimin’s soft skin and as he was looking at him, his eyes unknowingly went to his hyung’s lips. He wanted to kiss him so badly and remembered what happened earlier. He reluctantly let go of Jimin’s face and got closer to him.

“Hyung, if you don’t want this, stop me.” Jungkook said and before Jimin could even understand what he said, he leaned in and kissed Jimin. Jimin’s eyes widened at the action and after some seconds, he began moving his lips against Jungkook’s, their lips melting perfectly together.

Jimin knew that it wasn’t right, he needed to stop Jungkook but he didn’t want to. He had wanted to kiss Jungkook for a long time and even if it wasn’t right, he couldn’t stop. He was finally able to taste the boy’s juicy lips and he couldn’t be happier. After some minutes, they parted to catch their breaths. They looked at each other without saying something for some time. When his breath finally steadied, Jungkook talked.

“I’m sorry. Oh my god, I’m so sorry hyung, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sor-”

“Don’t be sorry Jungkook. Please. Tell me what happened yesterday after you talked with Jin.” Jimin asked. He understood that it was all about him in fact. He had made Jungkook cry involuntarily and he desperately wanted to know why.

Jungkook knew that he couldn’t fight so he decided to explain.

“After the talk I had with Jin hyung, I needed to take some fresh air so I went to a park near the café and sat on one of the swings. I thought back about his question. What kind of relationship are we in? We call it friendship but is it really? And moreover, did I want it to only be friendship? I always felt different when I was around you and I’ve always told myself that it only was because you were a new person I had met recently. But after the dance session last week, I felt even stranger than before. Something in me was making me feel weird and I kinda liked this feeling. I was thinking about everything when Tae came. He was going somewhere and when he saw me in deep thoughts, he wanted to talk to me. I explained everything to him and he told me that I maybe was… in love with… you. I-I didn’t want to believe him because I’ve always liked girls, since I was a kid. We argued about that, about the fact that I was denying my real self and that nothing good could come out of this. He said that I was being stupid and that if I wanted to go out with you, I should make a move before you got yourself someone. He left right after that and I thought about it. How would I feel if you’ve got someone? Would I be happy? Then I remembered that one time I told myself that I could make you happier than anyone in the world. That one time when you came to the café to see me and how even after you were long gone I couldn’t stop smiling. Everything I’d done with you always felt so right and natural like the day I brought you to eat ddeokbokki. I only brought Tae there and only one time but I didn’t know you very well and I brought you straight there. It was so confusing, discovering that I was in love with you after years of liking girls, I began to cry unknowingly, releasing some of the stress I was feeling and when I was done, I understood that I love you hyung.” It was finally out. All that Jungkook’s had felt around and about Jimin was out and he felt lightheaded. He was feeling good, saying all that took a weight off his shoulders.

Jimin looked at Jungkook all the time he had talked and even if the younger was avoiding his eyes, he knew without looking in them that he was being honest. He was so happy. So happy he could die. He blinked a few times and tears began to fall. They were rolling freely down his cheeks and he could really care less when Jungkook looked at him and hugged him, telling him to stop crying.

“Kookie, I-I love you too. I’m so happy I could die right now.” He said. Jungkook laughed.

“Jimin hyung, would you do me the honour of becoming my boyfriend?” Jungkook asked, smiling to his ears.

“Of course I want to!” Jimin answered and he pulled out to kiss Jungkook one more time. When he stopped to breathe, Jungkook’s eyes fluttered open and he looked at him.

“I think that kissing will be my favourite thing to do with you.” He said, blushing.

“We could do more than that, you know?” Jimin lowly said, smirking to Jungkook.

“Don’t get started with that hyung or you might regret it.” Jungkook replied as he took Jimin by his waist and pulled him flush against him.

“Show me Jeon Jungkook.” Jimin challenged and he could swear that this kiss was the best he had ever received in his whole life.


“I wonder how Jimin is doing. I hope that he resolved whatever came up. I feel so lonely without him.” Hoseok said and received a punch from Namjoon.

“Are you serious? And what am I? A piece of ? I don’t even know why I agreed to eat lunch with you. Those kimbap are disgusting.” Namjoon grumbled.

“Aww~ Namjoonie~ Are you hurt? Shorry~ Now would you stop saying that the kimbap are disgusting? I made them myself with love.” Hoseok pouted.

“Would you shut up? You wanted to talk about something with me right? What is it?” Namjoon said, throwing the kimbap away.

“Oh yes! Did you know that Jin and Yoongi are together?” Hoseok asked.

“Of course, Jin is my cousin you .”

“And you didn’t tell me anything?! Such a friend. Thanks.” Hoseok sulked.

“Was Yoongi the one to tell you?” Hoseok nodded. “Does Jimin know?”

“I don’t know. I suppose that Jin told him. They are real bestfriends after all.” Hoseok said.

“I don’t think Yoongi already met Jimin since he came back. I really wonder how it will turn out… It may become interesting now that there’s this… Jungkook? Jin told me that Jimin took an interest in him.” Namjoon said as he took his bottle of water.

“They are totally head over heels for each other, am I the only one seeing it? They’re driving me crazy! Too much man, too much…” Hoseok said, shaking his head in disapproval.

“Yah, what about ?” Jin said, hitting Hoseok’s head.

“Don’t hit me! I’m talking about Jimin and Jungkook.” Hoseok said, rubbing the back of his head.

“Oh. Yeah, they’re in love with each other but can’t make a move. They’re killing me. By the way, why are we here for?” Jin asked, turning to Namjoon.

“We’re here to talk bro. What else? And where is Yoongi?” The cousin asked.

“He’s coming. He had some cleaning to do so I came without him.” Jin answered and before Namjoon or Hoseok could say anything, Yoongi entered the practice room.

“Jin! I cleaned everything but I won’t ever do it again, I swear! I’m so tired right now I just want to sleep.” He exclaimed and lied down on the floor.

“Suga, stand up.” Jin ordered and Yoongi sat up.

“What a cute puppy you have here hyung.” Namjoon teased and Yoongi glared at him.

“Hoseok-ah, are you aware of what happened to Jimin?” Jin suddenly asked.

“Not really. He told me that he wouldn’t be able to come today. Something about important stuff…” Hoseok mumbled.

“He went to see Jungkook. I told him that something kinda came up with him yesterday after this shift -which was in fact this morning- and he decided to go check on him. But it’s been hours now and he isn’t answering my calls.” Jin explained.

“Maybe he’s busy. Don’t worry, you know Jimin he won’t do something reckless.” Yoongi said, trying to comfort Seokjin by rubbing his back.

“You sure know a lot about Jimin, Yoongi.” Hoseok bitterly said.

“Don’t even get started on this topic Jung Hoseok.” Yoongi warned.

“I don’t want to. But you weren’t the one who struggled to fix him up. You may know a lot about him but you don’t know everything about him. Better think before speaking hyung. Someone is here for him now even if neither of them can see it.” Hoseok explained and stood up to go take his bottle of water. Yoongi sat beside Jin and glared at Hoseok.

“You know he’s right.” Jin began.

“Yes and that’s what makes me angry. I wasn’t there for him because I couldn’t.” Yoongi said.

“But he’s okay now. He solved everything up and he found someone.” Jin continued.

“I know. I saw him and he seems good. No, he seems perfect for Jimin from what Hoseok told me but I’m still worried. Jimin’s like my little brother, you know.” Yoongi explained.

“I know baby but don’t worry. He’s my best friend and I know Jungkook very well and you’re right. He’s perfect for Jimin. You should see how he looks at him, it’s marvellous.” Jin explained, his eyes softening. Yoongi kissed Jin and Namjoon gagged.

“Okay guys, you’re so cute and all but get a room please. I don’t want to bring back up this horrible kimbap.” Jin laughed and hit him before kissing Yoongi one last time.

“Hoseok-ah, let’s go to the café!” Jin shouted.

“Okay, coming! Let me grab my keys!” he shouted back and five minutes later, the four guys were walking towards the café. They entered and while Yoongi and Jin were going to the counter, Hoseok and Namjoon went to sit on a table. At this moment, the door of the café opened.

“Gosh, isn’t this Jimin going to the counter? Holding hands?!” Namjoon gasped.

“What?!” Hoseok exclaimed and turned around. There he saw Jimin and Jungkook holding hands while smiling and going to the counter where Jin and Yoongi were. Hoseok stood up to distract Jimin so that he wouldn’t have to face Yoongi but he was too slow. As Jimin rose his head to order, he was face to face with none other than Min Yoongi who was probably wearing the same shocked expression as Jimin.

“Park Jimin. Long time no see.”


Author's Note:

Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I only update now but I'm facing a big writer's block with this story and even though I don't want to change the plot, I'll have to struggle to end it... I don't know when I'll end it because I really don't have any idea and I feel like every single story of mine is the same T_T

Well, I was happy that I could update for my birthday and I hope you liked this chapter^^

Namjoon appeared and Yoongi met Jimin again... I wonder what will happen between them lool (I have an idea for them btw^^)

I don't have anything else to say so... :-D

Comments and subscriptions are always welcomed ! 

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3