Chapter 5

The Clinging Man

Please excuse any typo mistake I was very tired when I typed it :-(


At 5P.M, Jungkook woke up to get ready to go to work. He had only slept for 3 hours but he didn’t care because he had enjoyed his time with Jimin. He was glad that he could bring him to eat ddeokbokki and that he made a new friend. He thought that Hoseok was a nice person and he was thankful that he agreed to give him some dance lessons for free even if they didn’t really know each other.

As he was entering the shower, he remembered that he didn’t give the café’s address to Jimin. He thought that maybe they’ll be able to go to the café together. That thought made him smile wide and when he went to ask Jimin if he would like to accompany him to work, he was still wearing it to his ears.

He rang the doorbell and the door immediately opened, as if Jimin was waiting for Jungkook to come.

“Hyung, are you busy ?” he asked.

“No. I was actually going to ask you if you would mind me accompanying you to work. I was bored and tried to work but I couldn’t. Is it okay ?”

“Actually, I came for the same thing so of course, I’d really like you to come with me.” Said Jungkook smiling and Jimin closed the door behind him before taking the elevator.

“Kookie, how do you go to the café ?”

“I walk hyung. It’s not very far and I like to come a bit early so I go out 30 minutes early even if it only takes 10 minutes.”

“Oh, you work at the cosy café at the end of the road ?”

“Yes. Do you know it ?”

“A friend of mine is going to work there actually. He told me that yesterday by phone. He was in Daegu last week and he came back this morning. I haven’t got the time to meet him already so maybe he’ll be there today ?” explained Jimin.

“I don’t know, maybe.”

They got out of the elevator and the flat and began to walk down the street. Then, Jungkook talked.

“Hyung. You’re one year older than me, right ?” Jimin nodded. “How come you are a dance instructor as such a young age ?”

“In fact, back in high school, I was a kind of prodigy. I entered the school in the three first and I majored in contemporary dance. In my last year of high school, I met Hobi hyung who had come for an internship to Busan and he began to teach me hip-hop and breakdance. When I graduated, I told my parents that I didn’t want to go to university and that I would go to Seoul to try to become an idol. As you know, it didn’t work so I thought of going back to Busan when Hoseok bought the dance studio. He asked me if I wanted to teach dancing and I accepted. That’s how I became a dance teacher.” Told Jimin and smiled at Jungkook.

“I see… And your parents didn’t object when you told them that you didn’t want to study anymore ?”

“No. They knew that I always wanted to become an idol and I never really liked school. That’s why I entered an art high school. They were cool with it and I owe them so much.”

“You’re lucky, hyung. I’d like my parents to be like yours. But I guess they are harsh with me because they want the best for me. But hyung, didn’t you graduate in contemporary dance ? Why are you teaching hip-hop ?”

“When I discovered hip-hop, I found it more enjoyable than contemporary. I still dance from my speciality when I feel some nostalgia but that’s all.” Said Jimin, smiling sweetly at Jungkook.

When, they arrived to the café, a boy with orange hair came running towards Jungkook, grabbing him by his arms.

“Kook-ah ! Why weren’t you answering your phone ?!? There’s some trouble, man ! YOU NEED TO ANSWER YOUR PHONE !!!”

“Calm down dude, I was sleeping. Wassup ?”

“Minhyuk hyung is gone, the new manager is here !” said the orange haired guy.

“Minhyuk-ssi left us ? Why ?” asked Jungkook.

“I don’t know but he said that the new manager would come soon and he’s already here !!”

“No need to panic, why are you panicking ?”

“He’s freaking handsome ! Oh my gosh, his blonde hair !” said the orange haired guy, almost fainting. “By the way, who’s that cute piece of meat right here ?” he said, turning towards Jimin, approaching him.

Jungkook immediately stopped him, pushing him away from Jimin.

“He isn’t for you Tae. He is my new friend, Jimin hyung. He’s the one who saved me the other time.” Said Jungkook, placing his right arm around Jimin’s shoulders, making the latter blush.

“Okay, nevermind, I’ll talk to him later. The manager wants to see us right now. Come you’ll change after.” He said, pulling Jungkook behind him, the latter waving towards Jimin.

 

When Jungkook entered the little room where the employees could take a break, he had to agree with Taehyung. The manager was indeed very handsome. But not as handsome as Jimin hyung… What ? he thought.

“Hello everyone. My name is Kim Seokjin but you can call me Jin. I don’t want too much formalities but I need you to be respectful and kind with the customers. Every person who won’t listen to my orders or won’t respect a customer will immediately get fired. You can bring some friends or family but don’t neglect your work. Do you have questions ?” No one spoke. “Okay, so go to work ! Jungkook-ssi ? Who is Jungkook-ssi ?” Jungkook raised his hand. “Oh, I need to talk to you for a second. Come here please.” Taehyung wished good luck to Jungkook and the latter carefully approached Jin.

“Don’t worry, I won’t eat you. Just be comfortable. Minhyuk-ssi told me that you were the best waiter here and that some customers only wanted you to wait (on) them. He also told me that you never accepted that. I’m proud of you even if we don’t know each other. I’m telling you that I’ll be watching how you work until the end of your shift to see what Minhyuk-ssi told me about. You can go now.” Explained Jin, smiling softly.

“Kamsahamnida. I’ll work hard manager-nim.” Said Jungkook before going to change in his waiter’s clothes.

 

When Jungkook came back in sight, Jimin was mesmerized by his friend’s handsomeness. He was wearing a waiter uniform. Black tight pants, suit shoes and a suit coat on top of a white shirt which was fitting just right on Jungkook’s arm muscles. He had styled his hair so that his forehead was showing and he was looking so hot like that, Jimin was almost drooling.

Jungkook came to Jimin’s table and chuckled.

“You’re staring hyung. I know that I’m handsome but you must stop, you look like a total creep right now.” He said, laughing.

“Show some respect, I’m your hyung !” scolded Jimin, joking.

“Never mind hyung. Would you like something to drink ?” asked Jungkook, politely.

“Yes, I’d like a caramel macchiato and a cheesecake please.” Answered Jimin and Jungkook took note of his order.

“Is that all ?”

“Yes, thank you”

“I’ll come with your order when it’s ready.” Said Jungkook before bowing and going to another table.

Jimin couldn’t take his eyes off of Jungkook and when he went to take his break about two hours after the start of his shift, the orange haired guy came to him.

“Are you really the one who saved my bestfriend’s life ?” he asked, suspiciously.

“Yes.” Answered Jimin.

“Annyeonghaseyo ! My name is Taehyung but you can call me V. Everyone says that I’m from another planet but I’m not so sure about it…” he seemed to enter in some deep thoughts and Jimin laughed at this, making V come back to Earth.

“Anyway, what do you want from my Jungkook ?” he asked.

“What ? I don’t want anything from him… I just want to be friends with him and help him to resolve his problems.” Replied Jimin.

“I saw how you looked at him these last hours and I must tell you that if you’re planning to date him, you better take good care of him or I’ll kill you. When I met him, he was broken, it took me so long to be close to him, I don’t want anyone to break him, even if you saved his life.” Said V, trying to impress Jimin. The latter just smiled sweetly and V was a bit surprised.

“Why are you smiling ?”

“You’re cute. I can see that you care a lot about Kookie. Don’t worry; if I ever have the chance to date him, I’ll take very good care of him. He’s so precious already, even if I met him not long ago. We had shared some stories about our lives and I’m happy that he has already opened up so much to me. Thank you for showing me how much you care about Jungkook.” Jimin stood up and bowed.

“Can I see him before I go ?” he asked.

V nodded and brought him in the little room where Jungkook was drinking some coffee to try staying awake. When they entered, Jungkook looked up and when he saw Jimin, he smiled from ear to ear.

“Jimin hyung ! Why are you still here ? Aren’t you bored ?” asked Jungkook, putting his cup of coffee aside.

“I wanted to say goodbye to you before going back home. It was interesting to see you working, you’re very charismatic in your waiter outfit.” Said Jimin, smiling and winking at his dongsaeng who blushed at his action.

“Thanks hyung. So maybe I’ll see you tomorrow ?”

“Of course, you have to keep on coming to my lessons ! If you don’t, I’ll be sad, I like not being the only adult there.” Said Jimin, laughing.

“Okay hyung. Don’t worry, I’ll come. Seeya !” exclaimed Jungkook and Jimin went out.

“Why are you still smiling Kook ? He is gone, you can stop smiling.” Said V.

“I can’t stop Tae. I don’t know why but every time I see him, I feel so happy. Seeing him smile makes me feel strange… I only want him to smile forever. I don’t want him to be hurt, to be sad. I just want him to be happy and for me to take all his problems. Isn’t it strange ?” said Jungkook, still smiling.

“Jungkook-ah ? Have you ever been in love ?” asked V.

“Uhm… I don’t think so. Why ?”

“Just to know.” Replied V, smiling.

“I need to go back to work. You can take your break now.” Said Jungkook before standing up and going back in the saloon bar.

At 12 P.M, there were only Taehyung and Jungkook working and only a few clients sitting, for most of them, alone and drinking some coffee.

Since there wasn’t too much work to do, Jin had called the two young men to talk a bit.

“So, I want to know both of you better. I heard that you were the only ones to accept to work until no hour. Why ?”

“Because at night it’s more calm than during the day and since we are bestfriends we enjoy working together. Is it that surprising ?” stated V.

“It is, indeed. But what surprised me the most was that this café is the only one in the neighbourhood to stay open 24/7. What is the reason ?” said Jin.

“There are a lot of young people in this area and most of them are studying and need a break from their studies sometime. That’s why we are always open.” Explained Jungkook.

“Aren’t you students too ?”

“No, we decided to not go to university.” Stated Taehyung.

“You must have your reasons.” Both men nodded.

“Jungkook-ssi, who was the person who came to see you during your break ? Your boyfriend ?” asked Jin, smiling softly.

“What ? N-no, he’s just a friend. Is it a problem that he came to see me ?”

“No, not at all. It’s just that he seems to distract you a little. I only saw his back but he seemed very handsome. Is it a one-sided love ?”

“WHAT ?! No ! He’s only a friend. And he isn’t distracting me at all, manager-nim. You can trust me.” Said Jungkook before putting a massive pout on his face.

“I was just kidding Jungkook-ssi. So, Taehyung-ssi… Do you have a girlfriend ? Or from what I heard maybe a boyfriend ?” asked Jin. Taehyung blushed a little.

“No, I don’t have someone right now but may I say that you’re very hot manager-nim ?”

“I know that, thank you. Sorry, but I already have someone. You’ll have to find someone else.” Replied Jin, laughing out loud.

“I knew that you couldn’t be single with your overflowing handsomeness... It’s okay, I’ll just have to find another handsome man.” Said V, laughing.

Then, the bell rang, indicating that someone has entered the café.

“I’ll go get it !” said Jungkook, standing up and going to the counter. He saw Hoseok entering with a man a bit smaller than him with a white skin and sparkling eyes.

“Oh, Hobi hyung ? What are you doing here ?”

“Jiminie gave me the address of the café you’re working at and I came to say hi. And drink an iced Americano please. What do you want Suga ?” replied Hoseok, smiling.

“Don’t call me Suga. I hate that nickname.” Said the small man, glaring at Hoseok. “I’ll take a hot chocolate with two shots of whipped cream please.” Stated Suga, smiling sweetly to Jungkook.

“So you are the Suga Hoseok hyung was talking about ? Nice to meet you. I’m Jeon Jungkook.” Jungkook bowed.

“I know, Hobi told me about you. You’re Jimin’s new friend ? Take good care of him, alright ? He’s precious. We’ll go sit there now. Thank you.” Said Suga and he immediately went to sit at a table. Hoseok looked at Jungkook apologetically and whispered a small ‘Sorry’ before following him.

Jungkook didn’t think further and prepared the drinks. Then, V came out of the room.

“Tae, can you take these to the table there ? I need to drink some water.” Asked Jungkook.

“No worries, bro. Gimme that.” He said, taking the trail from Jungkook’s hands.

He went to the table, all smiley.

“One hot chocolate and one iced Americano, is that-”

When Hoseok looked up at him, V froze. He had never seen a guy like him. Handsome, not too much, but perfect nonetheless. He turned his flirting mode on.

“Hello handsome. You’re new here, right ? Wanna learn some more about me ? I’m open 24/7, like this café and I’m as sweet as the whipped cream in this hot chocolate.” He said, taking a deep and seductive voice, leaning closer to Hoseok.

“Really ? Let me get to know you, cutie pie~” answered Hoseok, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Ew, you’re disgusting. I’m outta here.” Said Suga, standing up and going to drink his chocolate at the counter.

As he began to drink, someone came to the counter.

“Yoongi ?!”

Yoongi immediately looked up at the familiar voice.

“Seokjin ?!”


I'm already back with another chapter !!^^

I hope you liked this chapter and how the story is going until now ;-)

Feel free to leave comments and to subscribe if you want :-D

I love you all you make me so happy everytime I see your comments or that someone has subscribed :')

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3