Chapter 4

The Clinging Man

When they had finished eating, they said goodbye to the ahjumma and got back in Jimin’s car. They put some music on with their phones and chatted a bit.

“How did you discover this restaurant Jungkook ?” asked Jimin.

“Well… When I was 17, I kind of argued with my parents so I grabbed my things and fled. I took a bus and got off at the last stop. I walked for about 30 minutes and got hungry. I saw that this place was still open so I entered and the ahjumma served me. She let me sleep in her house since she’s alone and the next morning, I went back to my house. Since this day, I came here every Thursday.” Explained Jungkook.

“I see… Thank you.” Said Jimin, looking for one second at Jungkook before looking back at the road.

“Why hyung ?”

“For telling me and taking me there. It must be a very important place for you and I’m sure you don’t bring anyone here. So I feel honoured that you thought I deserved to be brought here.” Said Jimin, smiling wide.

Jungkook chuckled.

“This is amazing how you can read me so well hyung. But you’re right. And you’re not anyone. You saved me and I’m really happy that we became friends.” Replied Jungkook, looking towards Jimin.

Jimin smiled even wider if it was possible and Jungkook couldn’t look anywhere but at his hyung. He saw like a sunny halo embrace Jimin’s body and surroundings. He felt the halo come to him and he felt warm inside. Jungkook wanted this feeling to never fade away. He felt at home, looking at his hyung who had the power to warm him up with just his smile.

“You’re staring” said Jimin.

Jungkook jumped up in surprise and turned to look through the window, blushing.

“I-I’m sorry.” Mumbled Jungkook.

“It’s okay. I like the way you look at me. Seeing you smile is really heart-warming and you’re even more handsome.” Replied Jimin, turning a second to Jungkook and throwing him a wink. Jungkook blushed furiously and opened the window to freshen up a little. Afterwards, they chatted and when they came back to the dance studio, Jungkook looked at Jimin questioningly.

“You said you didn’t have classes in the afternoon ?”

“Oh, yes, but I want to introduce you my friend and maybe you’d like to see his class ? It’s very cool.” Replied Jimin, getting out of the car with Jungkook. They went to the entrance and pushed the door. Loud bass music was playing and Jungkook followed the sound. He entered the room and was totally awes trucked. There was about 10 guys and girls dancing to the music, doing incredibly hard steps like it was nothing. The teacher was in the front and his dancing skills were even more incredible. Jungkook was just staring blankly at them and Jimin was looking at him, smiling. When the music stopped, the teacher looked to his students and gave them a clap. Everyone began to clap and after 10 seconds, they all grabbed their things and went out.

The teacher turned to Jimin and Jungkook.

“Jimin ! What are you doing here dude ?” he exclaimed.

“Hyung ! It was really cool ! Is that the choreography for the contest ?” asked Jimin. The teacher came and hugged Jimin.

“Yup ! It’s great, isn’t it ? I killed myself thinking of it man.” He answered. “But who is this cutie here ?” he asked, smiling widely at a blushing Jungkook.

“It’s Jungkook. He’s a new friend. You know, the guy I kinda saved the other time. Jungkook, it’s Hoseok hyung. He’s the owner of the building.”

Jungkook bowed to Hoseok.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” He said.

“Hey, no need to be this formal ! Just call me Hobi hyung and don’t ever bow to me again !” he said, tapping Jungkook’s shoulder.

Jungkook nodded and Hoseok smiled.

“Oh, Jimin, can I ask you something ?” asked Hoseok.

“Yes, what is it ?”

“Would you enter the contest with me ? We’re lacking one member. We must be 12 to enter the competition and you’re the greatest dancer I’ve ever seen. Plus, you already know some parts of the choreography. Please~~~ ?” said Hoseok, doing aegyo to Jimin.

“Okay, but you’ll have to do something else in return.” Replied Jimin.

“Whatever you want !” said Hoseok.

“Could you give dance lessons to Jungkook ? Beginner level. He’s good but is a bit slow and I’d like you to refine his posture. Are you okay with that ?”

“Yeah ! I’m glad to have a new student.” Said Hoseok, smiling to Jungkook.

“But I’m not okay with that. I have a job at night and I need to sleep during the day. Plus, I can’t pay for lessons. I barely have money to pay the rent.” Said Jungkook, looking at Jimin.

“It’s okay, I can do it for free and whenever you have time. When I don’t have classes I’m free so whenever is good for you is good for me too.” Answered Hoseok, winking at Jungkook.

Jimin turned to Jungkook and beamed at him. Jungkook rolled his eyes and after hesitating for some seconds, he nodded.

“Fine. But I only agreed because I’m really bad at dancing and the other kids are making fun of me. I can’t stand it.” he said, sighing deeply.

Hoseok and Jimin made a high-five and Jimin ruffled Jungkook’s hair. Hoseok was watching the interaction between the two men and didn’t miss the way Jungkook blushed at Jimin’s touch.

“It’s gonna be very interesting to hang out with this Jungkook I think…” he mumbled.

“What hyung ?” asked Jimin.

“Nothing Chim. I gotta go, I’m meeting up with Suga.” Said Hoseok, packing up.

“Really ? It’s been a month since you last saw each other. Where is he coming from ?” said Jimin.

“He came back from Daegu yesterday. He went there to grab some lyrics and compositions to work on with Namjoon and me. But I don’t know why it took him so much time to come back… I’ll ask him if you want since you seem curious.” Answered Hoseok.

“Don’t bother, it’s okay. I don’t really care anyway.” Said Jimin, smiling lightly.

“Who is Suga, hyung ?” asked Jungkook.

“He is Hoseok’s bestfriend and the one who composed the song for the contest. He is very talented, I’d like you to meet him.” Replied Jimin.

“Is he a friend of yours ?”

“Kinda, yes.”

Jungkook wanted to know how you could be 'kind of friend' with someone you know but didn’t ask further questions.

“Okay, now, I really have to go or I’ll be late. I’ll send you a video of the whole choreo so that you’ll be able to memorize it. Seeya Chim ! Nice to meet you Jungkook and don’t forget to tell me when you’re free, ‘kay ?” said Hoseok before running out of the room.

“Should we go back ?” asked Jimin.

“I think it’d be alright, I have to sleep before going to work.” Said Jungkook, smiling to his hyung.

“Let’s go !” laughed Jimin.

They got to the car and when they arrived to their apartments, Jungkook went to his own flat. Jimin grabbed him by his arm and turned him around.

“Jungkook-ah, can I ask you something ?” asked Jimin.

“What hyung ?”

“How do you get in my flat without having the keys ?”

“In fact, I just changed flats. I’m going to move next to you because your neighbour wanted my apartment. I thought it was strange but well… It made me happy.” Jungkook smiled at Jimin who felt himself melt at his friend’s smile.

“So why are you going this way ?”

“I have to give my key back, hyung ! I can’t keep it, right ?” laughed Jungkook.

“Oh, right. Would you like me to wait for you ?”

“As you want. It won’t take too much time anyway.” Said Jungkook before running to the flat.

Jimin waited for him 2 minutes and when he came back, he couldn’t keep a smile to make form on his lips at the sight of a slightly flushed Jungkook from the running.

“Why are you smiling hyung ?” asked Jungkook.

“You’re cute, your face flushed pink like that. You really look young you know ?” Jungkook blushed deep red and began to walk to his new flat along with Jimin.

“But when did you move your belongings ?” asked Jimin.

“Last night. I didn’t have much anyway so it only took me 2 hours. I was coming back from work when I met your now ex-neighbour so…”

“You moved everything on your own ?! Why didn’t you tell me ? I could have helped you !” exclaimed Jimin.

“Hyung, it was 2 in the morning when I came back and my friend Taehyung helped me.” Jungkook laughed out loud.

“I’d like to meet your friend Kookie.”

“What did you call me ?” asked Jungkook, eyes wide.

“Sorry, I let a nickname slip… I like to give nicknames to the people I feel close with or that I like.” Answered Jimin, embarrassed.

“I-It’s okay… Only Taehyung nicknamed me and it took me some time to get used to it since it was the first time so I’m just surprised. But it makes me happy that you feel close to me hyung. I like you very much, you’re fun to hang out with.” Jimin blushed a bit at those words and turned his head so that Jungkook won’t notice it.

They came in front of Jimin’s door and before Jungkook went to his own door, Jimin stopped him again.

“Wait, when do you start your shift tonight ?” he asked.

“I start at 6P.M to end at 2 A.M. Why ?” answered Jungkook.

“I’d like to come see you if you don’t mind. I’d like to see you working. And maybe I could see your friend ? Do you have the same schedule ?”

“Yes, it could be a good opportunity. I have to sleep a bit so see you later hyung !” said Jungkook before going to his door and entering his apartment.

Jimin entered too and went to sit in the living room. He look at the time.

“It’s only 2 in the afternoon. What am I gonna do until 6P.M ?”

Jimin decided to work a bit on the choreography he must memorize for the contest. But his mind wouldn’t stop going to Jungkook who was so sweet, so kind, so cute, so handsome and Jimin knew that he had fallen for his dongsaeng.


Author's Note :

I'm sorry !!!!!!!! :''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(((((((

For those who are still following me I'm very sorry, I won't ask for forgiveness, I'm a horrible person, oh my gosh, I'm sincerely sorry that I took this long to update !!! :''((

I was totally absorbed in my other story and I forgot to update this one even though I've worked THE WHOLE MONTH on it !!! I'm very sorry~~~~

But what did you think of this chapter ? Is it going too fast ? I know that some things are not very believable but I HAD to make them neighbors, right ?^^ But well, leave your thoughts in the comments and criticism is welcome !

Again, I apologise and I swear I'll work hard to not take this long to update once again !

Comment, subscribe and if you feel like it, upvote plz~~ !^^ <3

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3

P.S : I can't seem to find a cover for this story so if someone find a suitable one or can make one that is great for it, I'll be very grateful to them^^ But don't feel obliged, I'll just leave it without a cover, it's just a bit too empty for my liking :-)