Epilogue

The Clinging Man

{5 years later. Jungkook prepared a surprise for Jimin to celebrate their fifth anniversary.}


It was around 2 in the morning and Jungkook was definitely dozing off. He was about to let his eyes close as his head was down when the door of the café opened. Jungkook sighed and slowly raised his head, ready to welcome a new customer. At the sight of the newcomer, his face enlightened and he got out from behind the counter to kiss Jimin.

"How are you doing babe ?" Jimin asked, placing his arms around Jungkook's waist.

"I'm so tired." Jungkook whined. "Namjoon is supposed to come in an hour but I think I'll die before he comes." Jimin giggled.

"I can replace you if you want." Jimin said, already taking Jungkook's apron off.

"I'd like you to but I don't want to bother you... By the way,  what are you doing here ?" Jungkook asked.

"I was bored." Jimin answered.

"But you were sleeping...?"

"Yes, I was. But I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so I thought of visiting you." Jimin explained.

"If you say so... I'm going to sleep in the employees' room so when Namjoon arrives, wake me up." Jungkook said and tied the apron around Jimin before kissing him one last time.

Jimin sighed deeply and sat down behind the counter, checking Twitter while listening to music since the café was practically empty. About half an hour later, Namjoon surprisingly showed up.

"Jimin ? What are you doing here ?" he asked, walking to the counter.

"Oh hyung. You're here early. Wassup ?" Jimin asked, taking his earphones off.

"Nothing. I just thought that Jungkook should be tired so here I am. I guess I was right, he must be sleeping in the room, right ?" Namjoon asked and Jimin nodded. He took off the apron and gave it to Namjoon.

"I'm going to wake him up and take him home if you don't mind." Jimin said and Namjoon nodded.

Jimin went to the room to find Jungkook sleeping comfortably on a bed he had assembled himself for the employees. Jimin snapped some pictures before waking him up.

"Jungkookie... Kookie... Wake up..." Jimin whispered as he shook Jungkook from his shoulders. Jungkook stirred in his sleep and when Jimin kissed him he opened his eyes.

"Hey sleeping beauty. Namjoon arrived so let's go home." Jimin said and Jungkook slowly sat up before gathering his stuffs and going out of the room hand in hand with Jimin.

"Namjoon-hyung, I have something to tell you." Jungkook said and turned to Jimin. "Babe, can you go wait for me outside please ?" He shyly asked Jimin.

"Okay..." Jimin answered and went out of the café.

"Jungkookie... You should really stop stressing. Everything will be perfect." Namjoon said before Jungkook could even talk.

"But hyung, I can't help it. What if he doesn't like it ? What if he thinks that I'm not worth him ?" Jungkook began to ramble and Namjoon placed a hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Jungkook. You stress too much. Relax. You know Jimin. And he loves you. So don't panic, just be yourself and don't try too hard. Jimin loves you just the way you are so everything will be fine."

"Thanks hyung. I'll tell you how it went." Jungkook said before going out. He grabbed Jimin's hand and they began to walk.

"What did you talk about with Namjoon hyung ?" Jimin asked.

"It was something about the menu. I'm thinking of a new drink and I told him that we should talk about it when he's free." Jungkook answered.

"Why did I have to go out then ?"

"Because this is top secret." Jungkook winked. "But really, it would be unfair if you knew about it before anyone." Jungkook stated and kissed Jimin's cheek.

"But I want to know !" Jimin whined.

"No you don't. I won't tell you so you'll have to wait a bit baby." Jungkook told him and Jimin pouted.

"You're so mean to me. I hate you."

"I love you too. Let's go home and sleep dear." Jungkook kissed Jimin and the older relaxed before squeezing Jungkook's hand.

They arrived home in no time and immediately went to sleep.

 

At 11A.M, Jimin was woken up by the sweet scent of kimchi fried rice. He got up and went to the kitchen. He slowly approached Jungkook from behind and back hugged him.

"Hi babe." Jungkook said and Jimin whined.

"Why aren't you surprised ? I'm always jumping when you do the same !" Jungkook turned around.

"Because you're a scaredy-cat while I'm not. And I love scaring you, you're so cute." Jungkook answered and kissed Jimin's nose.

"Anyway. Are you cooking for me ?" Jimin asked.

"No. I was hungry and I thought of cooking something for myself." Jimin pouted. "Of course I'm cooking for you. I know how much you love kimchi fried rice." Jungkook said and Jimin beamed.

"You're the best boyfriend in the world Kookie !" he exclaimed and kissed Jungkook.

"By the way, hyung. You finish work at 6, right ?" Jungkook asked as he filled a plate for Jimin.

"Yes. Why ?" Jimin answered, taking spoons out.

"I'd like to go out for dinner with you. It's been so long since we last ate outside." Jungkook stated.

"You're right. Where do you wanna go?" Jimin said as they sat down around the table.

"To the ddeokbokki. But I won’t be able to pick you up from work.” Jungkook replied.

"No problem. It’s been so long ! I’ve missed ahjumma so much !" Jimin said and began to eat. "Wow, it's delicious ! You're the best cook in the world after Jin hyung !" Jimin exclaimed and Jungkook smiled fondly at him.

"Eat hyung, you wouldn't want to waste it, would you ?" Jungkook teasingly asked and Jimin shook his head, taking a spoonful of rice in his mouth, making Jungkook laugh.

After their breakfast-lunch, as Jimin was gone to work Jungkook called Taehyung. The latter picked up almost immediately.

"Hey Tae-Tae ! How's it going ?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm ing tired man, I can't sleep because of the upcoming exams. But Hobi helps me to relieve stress." Taehyung answered and Jungkook laughed.

"Man, aren't you afraid that your back will break ?"

"Shut up. Aren't you afraid that yours will break ? I heard that Jimin is a beast." Taehyung retorted.

"He is. But I'm a bit stronger than you if I may remind you."

"Whatever. How's it going for you ? I'm sure you're pissing yourself right now.

"I am. What if he says no ?"

"He won't you dummy. You've been together for five years now, there's no way he'll refuse." Taehyung assured.

"Are you sure ?" Taehyung hummed. "If you say so... I should maybe ask Jin hy-"

"No don't. You know how he is. He can't keep a secret and even more if it's about his best friend."

"I guess you're right. Anyway, I'm doing it tonight. We're going out."

"Where are you taking him if I may know ?"

"To the ddeokbokki. That's the place I first felt attracted to him and it's been ages since we went there."

"You're disgustingly sweet. But I love it. I gotta go now, I have class. Seeya !"

"Figthing !" Jungkook said and hung up.

Jungkook went to his room and took a notepad. He began to list the ingredients he must need for the new drink he talked about to Jimin. In fact, it was a surprise for Jimin. It's a drink that Jungkook called 'The Love Of My Life'.

The drink’s story is kinda stupid when you think of it. It was a hectic day at the café and Namjoon, true to himself, had spilled one milkshake and one coffee… at the same time. Jungkook laughed while Namjoon kept on apologizing to him and the customers. Jungkook was cleaning the floor when he smelled a new scent. He got closer to the spilled drinks on the floor and had an idea. A strawberry-taste coffee. He cleaned everything and took the orders’ notepad out. He wrote the ingredients and before going home that night, tried to prepare that drink, helped by Namjoon.

“You should try to do it with strawberry milk instead of strawberry squash. It will be like a milkshake but with coffee.” Namjoon said.

“You’re a genius hyung !” Jungkook exclaimed and took one carton of strawberry milk out from the fridge.

He mixed it with some coffee and tasted it. His eyes widened and Namjoon took the cup out his hands, taking a sip as well.

“That’s it ! It tastes like the scent! Namjoon hyung, you’re amazing !” Jungkook exclaimed, hugging Namjoon tight, who giggled.

“That’s delicious Jungkookie. What are you going to call it ?” Namjoon asked and Jungkook took another sip. It was very sweet and you could totally taste the strawberry. ‘Jimin would surely love this drink’ Jungkook thought and smiled.

“The Love Of My Life.”

“Really ?” Namjoon laughed. “Why ?”

“It reminds me of Jimin. He loves strawberries. He’ll surely like it.” Jungkook explained and Namjoon ruffled his hair.

“You’re gross. But cute. Okay, let’s go. I’m getting sleepy and Sophie should arrive at any time now.”

Jungkook smiled at the memory and took his keys and phone before going to the café.

 

When he arrived, Sophie waved at him.

“Oppa ! How are you ?” she asked, smiling widely.

“I’m fine thanks. Did Namjoon hyung go home ?” Jungkook asked, getting past the counter.

“No. When I came he was sleeping in the room. I wonder why he didn’t go home.” She trailed and Jungkook thanked her before going in the room, finding a really loud snoring Namjoon sleeping on the bed. He smiled softly and went to wake him up.

“Hyung. You should wake up and go home. Wake up.” He said, shaking Namjoon a little.

Namjoon stirred a bit, opening his eyes slowly, wiping some drool from his cheek.

“Jungkookie...” He mumbled.

“What are you still doing here ? I thought you were gone.” Jungkook stated as Namjoon sat up.

“I didn’t wanna go home.”

“Why ?”

“I don’t wanna be alone at home. Solji is at work today and she won’t come back until 10 P.M.” Namjoon complained.

“Aww hyung~ But you can’t stay here though. What if the others want to take a nap as well ?” Jungkook said, helping Namjoon to get up.

“You right. Can I come to yours ?” He asked. He looked so cute Jungkook almost agreed.

“I'm sorry hyung but you can't. Today's the day.” Jungkook answered.

“Gosh, I'm so sorry I forgot Jungkook-ah.” Namjoon apologized.

“Nah, it’s okay. It’s better that you forgot instead of me.” Jungkook joked.

“I know you wouldn’t. It’s too important for you.” Namjoon stated.

“Way to make me less nervous, hyung.” Jungkook laughed and Namjoon ruffled his hair.

“Don’t worry bud’. There’s no way it’d go wrong.”

“I hope so.” Jungkook said. “You better go home now or go to Hoseok’s. He must be feeling lonely without Tae since he took the day off.” Jungkook suggested.

“Yeah, I think that’s what I’ll do. Seeya Kookie !” Namjoon said and flew.

Jungkook kept smiling for some seconds more before he became nervous all over again. He began to breathe slowly and evenly before going out of the room.

“Sophie-ya.” Jungkook called out.

“Yes, oppa ?”

“I’m going to be busy tonight so if something happens, call Namjoon, not me.” He said.

“Okay. Are you going to propose ?” she asked, whispering.

“How do you know ?” he asked, surprised.

“I heard from Namjoon to be honest.” She said, seeming guilty.

“Please, tell me you didn’t tell anyone.” Jungkook begged.

“Of course I didn’t. I don’t wanna ruin everything.” Sophie replied, smiling. “Now, take your new drink in the fridge and go propose to Jimin.” She said, softly pushing Jungkook towards the kitchen.

Jungkook did as he was told and rushed to the ddeokbokki, which was empty except for the ahjumma.

“Oh, Jungkookie~ You’re early. Are you nervous ?” the ahjumma asked.

“Yes. So nervous I’m gonna mess up for sure.” Jungkook replied.

“I’m sure you won’t. By the way, I’m going to leave the place to give you some privacy. The odds are with you today, Jungkookie. I still remember the day you brought Jiminie with you. I knew you were going to last forever.”

“Thank you.” Jungkook said, hugging the middle-aged woman. She kissed his forehead and went upstairs.

Jungkook breathed deeply and took the thermos which was containing his new drink out of his backpack and filled a big glass with it.

His phone buzzed and he saw that Jimin had sent him a text.

“I’ll soon be there, have you arrived ?”

“I have, love. I’m waiting for you.” Jungkook replied and rushed to place the plates on the table and the drink in the fridge so that it would stay cold.

Just then, Jimin entered the restaurant.

“Kookie !” he exclaimed and rushed to kiss Jungkook.

“Minie. Come here, let’s eat.” Jungkook said, leading the way to the table and helping Jimin to sit down.

 “Jungkookie, I can sit down by myself you know.” Jimin said, giggling.

“Let me be a gentleman just for this once.” Jungkook stated, pouting a bit.

“You’re always a gentleman baby.” Jimin replied, winking and making Jungkook blush a light shade of pink. “Is it a level 2 ?” Jimin asked.

“Of course. I took a level 2 as well.” Jungkook said. “I wasn’t in the mood for something spicier.” He stated, answering Jimin’s questioning look.

“I’ll eat well !” Jimin said and took his chopsticks, beginning to eat.

“Oh, wait, there are also some kimbaps.” Jungkook said, going towards the fridge and taking out the kimbaps out and bringing them to the table.

“Wow, ahjumma really did a lot for us.” Jimin said, eating a kimbap.

“She did. Eat well, baby.”

Both men ate while chattingabout their day. Jungkook talked about how he had found Namjoon sleeping in the room earlier and Jimin laughed out loud.

“You should have let him come to ours.” Jimin stated.

“But we were going out anyway.” Jungkook replied.

“You’re right. I’m sure he’ll do his best to annoy Hoseok hyung.” Jimin said and Jungkook giggled.

“Are you done ?” Jungkook asked seeing that Jimin didn’t eat anymore.

“Yes. I think I ate too much.” The older answered.

“Do you still have some space for a drink though ?”

“Yes. What is it, Kookie ?”

“A surprise.” Jungkook answered, taking the plates and bringing them to the sink. He opened the fridge and put a straw in the glass before bringing it to Jimin.

“Oh ? I don’t know this… Is it your new drink ?” Jimin asked excitedly.

“Yes. You’re the first one to taste it besides Namjoon hyung and me.” Jungkook told Jimin and encouraged him to take a sip by a head movement.

Jimin leaned down and closed his lips around the straw before taking a little sip. He swallowed while Jungkook was taking the little velvety box out of his jean pocket. Jimin sipped one more time and his eyes widened.

“This is delicious Kookie !” he said, beaming at his boyfriend.

“I knew you’d like it. Do you wanna know how it is called ?” Jungkook asked and Jimin eagerly nodded. Jungkook got up from his chair and lowered himself, one knee on the ground, making Jimin gasp.

The Love Of My Life. That’s the name.” he said and opened the box, revealing two golden rings on which was engraved the drink’s name. “You are the love of my life Jimin-ah. I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me ?” Jungkook asked.

Jimin smiled and as tears fell, he nodded, eagerly.

“I love you too Jungkook-ah. So so much.” Jimin said and Jungkook took his hand, slipping the ring on his fourth finger. Jimin did the same and they both stood up, hugging each other.

“I love you Jiminie.” Jungkook whispered, totally relieved.

“I love you too Jungkookie.” Jimin whispered back and they sweetly kissed, ready to spend the rest of their lives together.


Author's Note :

Finally, the epilogue is out after almost one year !

It's short but I still needed to write it for Kiery5101 since they asked for one^^ I'm sorry that it's so late but I wrote it !!

I'm relieved that this story is finally completed and I now can fully work on my other stories~

Thank you for reading and don't hesitate to tell me what you thought of this epilogue in the comments !!

Have a good day and take care of yourselves~

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3