Chapter 1

The Clinging Man

Author POV

The boy was hanging by his hands from the railings of a balcony. The balcony was on the twelfth floor of the high-rise block next to his. The other’s flat was on the ninth floor and he had to look up to see him. It was 6 in the morning. He had been awakened by the sound of an airplane that was flying low overhead and had got out of bed to look. His sleepy gaze, descending from the blue sky which was empty of clouds, alighted on the hanging figure.

He really thought he must be dreaming. Then, when he knew he wasn’t, he decided it must be a stunt, a scene in a film. He opened the window and looked down with hope that he would find cameramen, a whole film unit and safety precautions but found nothing. Then it hit him. This boy was trying to kill himself. He had lost his nerves and was now trying to stay alive. He immediately acted. He dialled the emergency number for the police.

The police’s arrival and the rescue of the young man became the focus of gossip in the neighbourhood. Someone found out who alerted the police and he became an unwilling hero.

About 2 weeks after the incident, as he was getting ready to go to work, the doorbell rang. He didn’t recognize the young man who stood outside. He had never seen his face.

“Who…?” Jimin asked to the man in front of his door.

“Hello. I’m the person who was hanging from the balcony about 2 weeks ago… I heard that you were the one who called the police to rescue me so… I wanted to thank you.” The young man answered, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

Jimin clearly looked at him and he seemed very young. He had black hair and pink plump lips. He was a bit taller than him and was wearing a plain white shirt with ripped jeans and black sneakers. Jimin thought that he was very handsome and kind of cute.

“Uhm… Yes, you’re welcome. I don’t want to be rude but I have to go… If you want, we can talk to each other another time ? When are you free ?” Jimin asked.

“Is 6 P.M okay with you ?” the young man asked.

“Yes. May I know your name ?”

“Sorry, I didn’t introduce myself properly… My name is Jeon Jungkook.”

“My name is Park Jimin. Nice to meet you. So, we’ll see each other tonight. Is it okay at my place ? We could drink something or anything you want.” Jimin said, smiling to Jungkook.

“O-okay. See you soon Park Jimin-ssi.” Jungkook answered, smiling lightly.

Jimin closed the door of his apartment and left.

 

Back at home

When Jimin went back from work this evening, he wasn’t surprised to find Jungkook sitting in the stairs in front of his door. He seemed pretty bored and was apparently thinking about something. Jimin approached the young man and poked at his shoulder. The young man turned his face to look at him and smiled when he recognized Jimin.

“Did you wait all day long here ?” Jimin asked.

“O-of course, n-no !” Jungkook replied, slightly blushing.

“Okay, nevermind. Shall we get in ?” Jimin suggested and Jungkook nodded.

They entered Jimin’s apartment. It was kind of small but very neat and clean.

They directly went to the living room and Jungkook sat on the couch, looking around in awe.

“Would you like something to drink ? Coffee ? Or tea ?” Jimin asked.

“Coffee will be alright, thank you Jimin-ssi” Jungkook answered.

“You can just call me Jimin hyung. Being formal is uncomfortable for the both of us I think” Jimin said, chuckling. Jungkook smiled.

When coffee was ready, Jimin came to sit next to Jungkook. He handed a cup to Jungkook and the latter thanked him.

“So, can I ask how old are you ?” Jimin began.

“I’m 21.” Jungkook replied.

“I’m 22. Since when do you live here ?”

“It’s been 2 years.”

“Really ? It’s been 2 years for me too. How come I never saw you ?” Jimin asked.

“I go out of my apartment only at night. When I was 19 I decided to leave my hometown to come live in Seoul. I was going to high school in Busan but when I graduated I didn’t want to go to college. So I tried finding a job but couldn’t so I came here. I found a job in a café near from my apartment. I’m always on night shift so that’s why you never saw me.” Jungkook answered.

“I see… I’m from Busan too, you know ? But why did you leave for Seoul ?”

“Well… The situation with my parents was a bit… chaotic. I always did well in school so when I told them that I didn’t want to go to college, they tried to force me to so I left them. I still call them from time to time but it always end with my father saying that I won’t be able to live alone without anyone here to help me.” Jungkook seemed very saddened by that and Jimin noticed it. He placed one of his hands on Jungkook’s back and patted him. Jungkook looked at him and smiled. Jimin returned the smile, his eyes disappearing.

“But what is your job hyung ?” Jungkook asked.

“I’m a dance teacher.”

“Really ?”

“Yes. Actually, I left Busan to become an idol but couldn’t so I decided to teach children how to dance. I’m specialised in hip-hop.”

“That’s cool. I love hip-hop. I like to dance too. May I come to one of your lessons one time ?” Jungkook asked, eyes sparkling full of hope.

Jimin found that very cute, he really looked like a kid.

“If you want, yes.” He replied.

“Yay !” Jungkook exclaimed, clapping his hands like a child. He smiled and Jimin noticed that he had cute bunny teeth when he smiled, which made him look even younger

“Can I ask why you were hanging by the balcony ? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. I’m just curious.”  

Jungkook’s smile slowly faltered.

“Well… It’s a bit complicated and you will probably think that I’m crazy but… I’m gonna tell you.”

Jimin became expectant. He was very curious and really wanted to know what the story of this cute young boy was.

“As you know, I’m 21. I have been searching for a reason to live almost my whole life. I thought that living was useless if you didn’t have something or someone to live for. I wanted to find something for which I would dedicate my whole life.” He made a pause. “I tried having some friends back in Busan but everyone was avoiding me, I don’t know why… When I came to Seoul, I became friends with one of my workmate. I thought that he would be the someone or something I was searching for but he wasn’t. I started to lose hope these past few days so I decided to kill myself. But as I climbed on the balcony’s railing, I understood that it wasn’t the solution and by trying to get down, I slipped and that’s why I was hanging.”

“I see. And do you know what you are searching for ?” Jimin asked.

“Uhm… I don’t know. Do you have something like that ? Something which you’re dedicating your life for ?”

“My job. Dancing is what I like the most so I dedicate my life for it.” Jimin answered, making his eye-smile.

Jungkook was mesmerized by this man’s smile and thought that he looked so young and cute smiling like that.

On the other hand, Jimin was feeling pity towards him. He was so young and already thinking this deep. He wanted to help him but didn’t know how.

“If you want, we can be friends too. I’d like to know more about the boy I saved if I may say.” He said, chuckling.

“Sure ! I’d really like to. Thank you for saving my life hyung. I’ll always be grateful to you.” Jungkook replied, eyes sparkling.

After that, Jungkook said goodbye to Jimin and went back to his apartment, happy that he had made a friend.


Auhtor's POV

Hi everyone !

I know that I said that you'll have to wait for an update but today I updated another story and I was in the mood so...

Here you go with the first chapter^^

Tell me your thoughts please, any kind of comment is welcomed ! :-)

Subscribe, comment and upvote plz~~

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3