Freedom

Selfless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER FOUR: FREEDOM

 

The sudden realization hit him hard.

 

Kim Taehyung hated confrontations. 

 

It’s been over an hour when he first read the letter. His eyes continues to stare at the parchment while trying to hold back tears. After getting caught to Jimin’s episode on his workplace last time and now this? ‘How could this happen to him?’

 

Scanning through every word bit by bit, Jungkook continues to search for words between the lines. He’s sure that somewhere along the words within the letter, he’s saying that he will comeback. He knows he can’t mope around, he cannot give up - just not yet.

 

‘Jungkook, how could you be so stupid?’

 

In a swift motion, he quickly grabbed his keys and headed to the place he knows Taehyung would be.

 

 

It’s now quarter past eight in the evening. It almost took Jungkook half an hour to reach the place, but he didn’t care. He didn’t exactly know what had gotten him to drive to his place. –probably his instinct. The house was simply adorned with plants all over. The exterior walls were painted on ridiculously shade of light pink. The ‘pink house’ as Taehyung used to call it. Funny as it sounds but whenever the ‘pink house’ was mentioned, Namjoon will start to act defensively, ‘Don’t call it pink house! It’s just a house, goddammit.’

 

 Mustering up his courage, he quickly pulled and went out from his car and instinctively dashed to the doorframe of the house.

 

‘Jungkook, calm down. You know he’s here.’ he assures himself as he proceed on knocking the door, hoping that Taehyung would be able to answer it.

 

Instead, he was greeted by a pretty tall blonde man wearing a white oversized shirt who happened to be Seokjin, Taehyung’s older brother.

 

“My, o my. Look at who do we have here? I’m supposed to swing to your house tomorrow. Thanks for saving me the effort, Jeon.” he uttered his name with sarcasm

 

He was tired and was on a verge of tears when he shakenly opened his mouth and answered, “Hyung, where’s Tae?” 

 

“Should I be the one asking you that?” he deadpanned, mockingly lifting his eyebrow slightly in disgust

 

He was a mess. He really ing messed up. Seokjin can obviously see it without looking closely. If he wasn’t ‘expecting’ he had already been screaming and yelling at Jungkook to ‘get the out of this house’ at this point. But he needs to cool his head down, like any normal hyung would do to their dongsaeng. This is a point where they have to discuss the matter like civilized adults.

 

“Hyung, this is just a misunderstanding. Please, let me speak to him.”

 

Jungkook was on a verge of breaking down. Seokjin could tell he’s facing a nearly broken man. In as much as he wants to take pity on the poor guy, he had hurt his little Taehyungie. 

 

At that moment, Seokjin held an audible sigh.

 

“Come inside.”

 

His footsteps were heavy as he went inside the house. Seokjin instructed the younger to sit down at the dining area. ‘Have you eaten yet?’ the elder inquired.

 

Jungkook notices that there’s something off about Seokjin. He knew the elder had an affinity of stylishly tight and fitted clothes whatever the occasion. But somehow today he’s wearing a shirt that is a size larger than his frame and some comfy shorts. ‘Dress for comfort.’ Jungkook thought

 

“Don’t bother, hyung. Thanks for asking though.”

 

“Okay. I’ll just get something, just stay right where you are.” Seokjin instructed as he leaves the area

 

His eyes frantically paces from side to side. Hoping that he could catch a glance of Taehyung leaning against the wall with both arms crossed, as if wanting to hear his explanation.

 

‘Taehyung, love please. Let me explain.” he thought with eyes heavily fixated on the table to prevent himself from sobbing

 

In a short while, Seokjin arrives carrying something with his hands.

 

He had expected to see Taehyung, hiding beside Seokjin. He’d been expecting to hear his voice saying ‘Hey miss me, Jungkookie?’.

 

Looking worried and tired for the day, the young man inquisitively asked.

 

 “Hyung, where is he?”

 

Instead, the elder instantly hand Jungkook a pen and instructed him to look at the document. “I think he had handed you a copy of this, but in case you might forgot… I’ll be giving this for you to sign TODAY if possible.”

 

No fricking way…

 

 

 

‘PETITION FOR DIVORCE’

 

A legal proceeding for a divorce has been commenced against

JEON JUNGKOOK by his legal partner, JEON TAEHYUNG.

 

 

 

He examined the grounds of the divorce settlement and saw the words: ‘The legal partner had attested that due to IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES & CONFLICTING PERSONALITY between both parties’ he requested their marriage to be nulled.’

 

He wanted to bawl his eyes out. Never wanting to believe the truth, his justification was that this might be one of Taehyung’s mind games. 

 

“No. I won’t sign this hyung. This is beyond ridiculous.” the raven haired stressed out

 

Jungkook was beyond baffled. He never understood the reason why Taehyung would do this to him. He had given him the love and attention he wanted. He changed the man who was blindly chasing for Jimin’s love, only to found out that the shy and timid brunette was the one Jungkook truly wants. Jungkook never thought his wife was still holding on to that agreement they had before they got married. He never knew he’d still remember those little things - about what he said about divorce and about marrying Jimin once his inheritance was given to him.

 

Seokjin made another sigh. He’s wondering how an idiot of a husband Jungkook would make. “Just sign it. He wants it to end.”

 

“I don’t want to, hyung. You can’t force me. Not until I talk to Tae.” he demanded, as if he was entitled to Taehyung’s explanation

 

The older male sighed in response. “Honestly, you have to. You need to.” He looks at Jungkook straight in the eye, making sure that he was being serious about the matter

 

“We can talk this out. Please, let me see him for a while.” He pleaded, with a hint of desperation in his voice

 

“…But if you like it the hard way…” 

 

“I’ve made several copies of these just in case...” he flashed duplicates of the pictures Taehyung himself had taken last time

 

His face had turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter