Gestalt

Selfless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE: GESTALT

 

 

A small laugh escaped on the brunette’s lips to avert the situation. Just why did the word ‘empty’ came out of the blue? Out of reflex, he immediately countered “Just kidding, hyung. Haha! So how’s it going?” to mask the situation. His foolish actions might caught him red handed. He’ll never allow that to happen - yet. It’s still early. But judging the one who’s calling him, there’s a high possibility of that cover to be blown.

 

“Uh? What did you say?” said the man on the line

 

“It’s nothing hyuuungie!” he added, mimicking his usual cheery voice

 

“Tch. Excuses.. Say, you want me to pick you up or somethin’? So how’s the doing?”

 

“Don’t say that. He’s been nice to me Yoongi-hyung.” he countered 

 

“Then what do you want me to say? After all the you’ve been through?” Yoongi bluntly said, his words slices like knife seething on the flesh

 

“He’s changed. He’s been kind to me, hyung. Gukkie loves me!” he defended, not wanting to sound weak while rubbing his eyes that were swollen with tears a minute ago

 

The mighty Jeon Jungkook definitely changed. From the first year of their marriage, being on the same house together with him was a bit shaky. Jungkook treated him with hostility, not in words, but through his actions. He won’t dare to say anything to Taehyung unless it was necessary. He purposely avoided him on a daily basis by leaving early in the morning and going back late at night when Taehyung already sleeps. On their first year, Taehyung thinks he’s living alone. And he doesn’t complain.

 

Taehyung felt bad. He really did. If not only because of their parents’ wishes, he wouldn’t decide to marry the piece of . He felt like betraying his life-long friend by unknowingly stealing the love of Jimin’s life. Before they even met, he already knew almost everything about him, his antics and whatnot whenever Jimin talks about ‘his’ Jungkook. Heck, Jimin really fell head over heels on that guy the way he talks about him. He was weak in front of people especially his parents, the reason why he couldn’t say no to the marriage even if he doesn’t want to. He just couldn’t wait ‘til they file a divorce for them to be able be free again. He wanted the best for Jimin so the two can do whatever they want so that he can settle for good, away from them.

 

He knows Jimin still love the man, hell yeah. Taehyung didn’t want to be the third wheel on their relationship so one of these days he’ll set Jungkook free.

 

Little did he know, as time passes, things between them were doing well. On their second year of marriage, things are becoming more eventful.

 

Out of the blue, Jungkook was the one who initiated to strike a conversation asking Taehyung’s permission if they can go together on Jungkook’s family villa to meet the rest of his family, which he agreed to do so. There he met his in-laws and his siblings who treated him warmly like he’s a part of the family.

 

He never knew Jungkook was the youngest of the Jeon siblings. The Jeon’s family secrets especially Jungkook’s childhood memories spilled like crazy when Mrs. Jeon first told Taehyung at what age her youngest child stopped peeing on his pants. The two were laughing like crazy whenever they share stories that ranges from sensible to senseless. Mrs. Jeon felt comfortable with Taehyung, and so does he.

 

Slowly, Jungkook’s heart is beginning to open up to Taehyung. He didn’t know why but it just happens. The raven haired male would often ask about how was his day at work and sometimes cooks breakfast for him. He would sometimes ask him to go out on dates or just cuddle at home and binge watch NCIS, Castle or Blacklist on Netflix. Slowly, he finds that he’s already falling for his husband for real, which irritated him. He should never fall in love with his bestfriend’s lover. It’s improper to fell head over heels to Jungkook, knowing that his heart belongs to Jimin.

 

But you can’t control what you really feel. So as much as possible, while carefully maintaining their happily married couple façade, he suppressed whatever feelings he has for Jungkook. 

 

“Sweet Jesus Mary Joseph, Taehyung. Stop deluding yourself. I know what you’ve been thinking. He did something. Stop crying you .” told the man in the line

 

“I just hate your freaking telepathy Yoongi-hyung.” he told him and with a smirk, Yoongi couldn’t agree less. He knows quite a lot about his antics. They were childhood friends and neighbors in their hometown, Daegu before Taehyung and his family moved back to Seoul when he was in high school.

 

“By the way, how are you handling the drama with Jimin?” he added

 

“We’re through. I asked for it.” Yoongi replied bluntly

“Why? You two were good. He even told me you both went on a trip to Hawaii last winter.” Taehyung asked curiously

 

We’re just pretending. “I just can’t handle his . Sorry to offend your bff but he’s way out of my league.” He still loves that , Yoongi thought as he painfully remembers the reason why they broke up

 

“Ah.” A small audible sound escaped from Taehyung’s lips. He couldn’t say it directly to his hyung but he think he knows the reason why.

 

“What ‘ah’? At least deep down in my cold heart I’m expecting you to defend him. My, you’re such a bad friend Taehyungie.’ He said half-jokingly

 

“No. I.. I was just surprised. I meant what happened?”

 

At that moment, Yoongi was floored. Despite his usual bluntness he couldn’t say what exactly happened. He couldn’t explain why nonetheless. Yeah it hurt - a lot. It just brings up unwanted memories Yoongi wish to bury on the depths of the ocean floor if God allows him to.

 

“Yah you rascal, enough of that talk. I’ll see you some other time. I still need to finish unpacking. Just call me whenever you need me, alright?” he reassured the young man

 

“Wait, hold on. Just one quick question, hyung.”

 

“Shoot. I’m all ears.”

 

“Ugh.. This sounds silly, just tell me honestly what you think.. You think it was worth it in the end? You know.. Letting him go?”

 

The question caught Yoongi by surprise. He literally choked from the absence of air on his lungs before he could even speak.  

 

“If it means for him to be happy why not. If you love him but he’s not happy with you then set him free. There’s still plenty of fish in the sea, - and a lot more pretty ones to boot.. Why’ja ask?”

 

“Hahaha. So typical of you, hyung. It’s nothing, just curious.” He replied casually, somehow Yoongi wasn’t convinced with his tone of voice on the line

 

“Hey you punk, don’t overthink too much. Just tell me if you want me to beat the out of your husband, or just stay at house for some time. My place is welcome for anyone seeking refuge, you just have to keep my house clean and cook for me all the times.”

 

The brunette gawked, admiring the man’s humor “Just go and hire a maid, hyung. You lazy prick.”

 

“Hahaha. Just messing with you. Alright, I’m hanging up. Gotta go to my parent’s house to tell them personally that their son’s still alive.”

 

“Mm’kay, send my regards to them as well.” He said as he hanged the line

 

Much to Taehyung’s liking, the brief conversation with his childhood friend Yoongi meant a lot. Somehow he now had a firm resolve to settle everything and to clear up loose and unwanted feelings… There’s still a feeling of uncertainty when it comes to confronting his feelings for Jungkook but he thinks that his newfound confidence from his childhood friend gained him enough time to set out a plan - to make amends.

 

And hopefully soon, he’s getting all the time of his life to start afresh.

 

‘It’s a win-win situation.’ He thought, glancing at the huge clock which tells it’s already quarter past eleven.

 

A minute after, he started to dial his older brother’s number.

 

“Hello Seokjin-hyung? I need you to do something for me...”

 

 

Jungkook left the house earlier to work at Namjoon’s studio. Right now, they had just finished wrapping up the second photoshoot for the July issue of a Ceci Magazine cover.

 

“Aaaaand that’s a wrap! Good job guys! I just need to hand this in to the editing group and we’re done!” told the blonde art director

 

Judging by the looks of it, the studio was a mess. And so was he.

 

Ruffling his tousled raven locks he sighed in frustration. The ‘things’ that happened yesterday made him realized how his resolve not to look back for his past love and move on together with Taehyung was shaking. He love the guy. Truly. But with the recent events, the degree of uncertainty involving a certain orange-haired male made him think if he made the right decision.

 

He was confused.

 

“Jungkook? May I talk with you for a sec?” asked the blonde

 

“Don’t talk to me, hyung. I’m not in the mood.” He eyed on his brother-in-law looking irritably

 

At first, Namjoon wasn’t aware of the tension between him and the other model, Jimin. They were both professionals and they take pride on their work. But looking at how Jungkook distances himself from the guy after each poses around the camera made the blonde feel like something’s off between his models.

 

“I know I’m not in the position to pry on someone else’s business but if it affects your current performance at work then I think I have the right to ask why.” Namjoon voiced his concern

 

“Just what’s between you and Jimin?” he asked out of curiosity, luckily Jimin couldn’t hear it as he was busy chatting with the make-up artists in the set

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter