Third Wheel

Selfless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER ONE: THIRD WHEEL

 

8:47 AM

 

Today was the official start of the spring season. Taehyung couldn’t suppress his happiness now that winter was over. You can almost hear the birds chirping on the tree across the window. He took a glance at the window and saw the frost melting on the ground which delighted him because he likes the thought of going out without his winter parka on. No more winter coats, boots and heat packs.  Oh, and curse that white beanie hat Jungkook always wore! ‘So long my friend! See you on the next four months! I won’t miss you! HAHAHA!’ he grins at the thought

 

On the second thought, it seems that wearing only his husband’s shirt after what happened last night has its own effect on Taehyung, no doubt about that. Looking at his own reflection in the mirror, he couldn’t help but think how this white shirt fit perfectly to Jungkook’s muscular frame which in comparison to Taehyung looks like he’s wearing a dress because of his slender figure. ‘Take a look at these damn baby fats. Ugh.’ He muttered in disgust while slightly pinching his stomach.

 

He soon walks around the hallway. Thinking on what to cook for his own breakfast he swiftly heads to the kitchen to prepare a simple meal.

 

‘Come on over, come on over baby..’ He began humming, channeling his own Christina Aguilera swaying his hips while dancing to the tune in his head.

 

The brunette happily walks in the kitchen and swiftly eyes on the coffee machine and found a note..

 

Breakfast is in the oven.. also brewed some coffee before leaving.

I didn’t want to wake you up. See you after work. Love you, Tae.

–JK


 

‘So thoughtful of you, my dear.’ He began to speak to himself, amused that his husband prepared something for him which is typically the usual sequence for this couples after during weekdays.

 

Jungkook starts to leave the house at around 6 in the morning to work while Taehyung leaves in the latter.

 

Pouring himself a cup while adding a bunch of sugars and cream on it, he manages to sit on the bar stool at the kitchen counter.  For once in his life he had managed to get some time for himself to ponder a lot of things.

 

‘Things that should be done and left behind.’ he muses

 

Sighing at a cup of warm coffee in his hand, he began to think about what the life he has when he first met his husband.

 

‘Oh. Those were the great old times.’ He muses himself, gently taking a sip to his coffee

 

 

He recalled the moment when they first met, his initial impression to the man was like a typical chick flick where girls swoon over the guy for the undying fact that he’s undeniably cute. Bunny teeth and puppy eyes. The way he stares at you makes you want to melt. It was mesmerizing. Well above all, he heard he’s one of the top students whose name always comes in the dean’s roster. He has everything; money, looks and brains. They’ve met in the university when his teammates collaborated with the business students for their new store layout. He was a senior studying interior design at that time.

 

Well no…that’s not just it.

 

Actually it was the arranged marriage that had brought them together. Mr. Kim and Mr. Jeon were best friends since childhood who eventually turned out to build an empire in the business world conquering Korea’s telecommunications and hotel industry.  When they both knew that their wives will be giving birth on the same year, both had an idea that in order to stay longer and on top of their respective businesses, their companies need to merge. With friendship and the future success of their businesses in mind, both had the intention to marry off their wives’ first born child.

 

What they didn’t expect was that both were expecting sons.

 

‘Ridiculous.’

 

Jungkook was the first one who got furious about it. He had expressed a serious dislike in Taehyung. Calling him unreasonable about Jimin’s feelings once he found out about it. He began calling Taehyung profanities and blaming his parents for this unrealistic and idiotic plan to merge both companies. Taehyung, on the other hand was just too shocked to process the thought that he would be marrying his best friend’s lover.

 

‘‘Why aren’t you saying anything, ?’’ Jungkook glared at him, eyes telling that he was partly to blame for the situation

 

‘’I..I… uhh’’ he fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter