Dumplings

Girls Who Like Girls (Who Likes Math)

“How did I even get into this predicament, Hyo-yo?”

 

“So that’s my nickname now?”

 

“What, you don’t like it?” We were sitting in the car of Hyoyeon’s mom going to her new restaurant. I decided to separate myself from all of whatever just happened. Krystal said she liked me, but she sets me up with Sulli, who also likes me. And now she’s all over me and that’s also weird even though Sulli is also very pretty. Why’d she go and do that? What was she really up to? I sighed. Hyo and Eunkyung were holding hands, she was very proud of her girlfriend. I wish I could be doing the same with Krystal but she’s in a car with Kris and the Chen and Hakyeon. I leaned back, Henry in the back seat of the mini-whip, leaned forward and poked my ear.

 

“How do you constantly get yourself in this much trouble. You legitimately just stand there and everyone is all over you, you’re like a magnet of hormones. How?”

 

I shrugged and leaned back. Hyoyeon turned over and laughed. “It’s because she has the charm. Amber don’t stress it too much. You’re very much fine and everything is a big misunderstanding and you need to not worry.” She wrapped her arm around the resting Eunkyung.

 

“I suppose.” My phone vibrated. I looked at it and it was Krystal. My heart tensed up a bit as I looked at the message.

 

Sorry Stupid. -Princess.

 

Sorry about what, you didn’t do anything wrong ♥.- Amber

 

I no, but it's like, i shouldve listen to you and now i pushed you to be with someone you didnt even want to be with and i’m bad for that. Pls forgive me? -Princess

 

Let’s just talk about it later. -Amber.

 

My heart was even more tense. The dumb mathematician. I do blame her for a lot of this, but then on second thought it’s not completely her fault. She was looking out for me, that’s what friends do, they help each other out when things are not going well and try to make them happy and not make them feel sad about themselves. Like what she was doing for me. I let out a deepen sighed, and rested my head on the seat.

 

“Oh Amber honey, you look so sad, cheer up, my dumplings will make you so much better.” Hyo’s mom smiled as she turned the corner and parked in her reserved spot. Momma Kim always looked out for us with the best of snacks. We all jumped out the car and walked into the entrance. We caught up with the rest of the group and then I was walking side by side with Kris. Kris who had a straight face ever since Sulli kissed me. I looked up to him.

 

“Is you good, homie?” I nudged him and smiled. He looked down at me and sighed softly.

 

“I’m fine. I’m fine.” He nodded opening the door for me.

 

“You don’t seem okay, are you sure?”

 

“I’m okay, I was just thinking about something and it’s just.. It’s something else.”

 

“Wow, how specific Dumbfan.”

 

“As if you are any specific or articulate.”

 

“I am, thank you very much, I shoved him into a table and walked closer to Hakyeon and Chen who were in very intense conversation about a math question they missed during the competition.

 

“But logs can’t be negative or then they would be invalid.”

 

“Yes but it depends on how the negative integer is being used.”

 

They were going at it and I was just laughing, these bunch of nerds. Then I was caught by surprise when I felt an arm weaved through and bonded with mine. I looked over and it was Sulli. She was smiling and holding onto me closely. I looked back and awkwardly smiled back at her. She was cute yes, but it was just weird having another person be this way with me and all I can think about is Krystal. I wanted her on me, I wanted her around me. I didn’t want anyone else, it was like almost addicting on how badly I wanted her to be with me. I just smiled and walked with her, taking a seat near the guys at the booth. As I sat down, Sulli slid in next to me. Then across from me was Krystal and Kris. They were holding hands when they got down there and they were holding hands underneath the table. I feel as though the thing he was thinking of had a lot to do with them getting back together. I was getting a little agitated but I didn’t want to jump the gun on anything.

 

I looked at the menu and Sulli peered over my shoulder as well. Was this what having a girlfriend was like? Someone who stuck to you like glue and stayed in your business. I was really second guessing over this relationship thing. I yawned and put the menu down. Krystal and Kris were looking over the menu still. There hands still underneath the table. We were silent, I didn’t want to say anything and I don’t think anyone else did.

 

“Because our group won, I think I’ll pay for everyone on this table so get whatever you want.” Sulli clasped her hands and smiled.

 

Kris interjected and looked at her, “No, it’s okay, I’ll pay for myself.”

 

“Then I’ll pay for Krystal and Amber.” She smiled, clutching onto me tighter and kissed my cheek. I looked at her, and so did Krystal. Krystal looked at me and then looked away. I raised my eyebrow. It’s so weird. This moment was so weird.

 

“Sulli, no it’s okay, you don't have to pay, thank you for the nice gesture and what not.. But I have to be honest, you’re a sweet girl and all.” I pushed her away, “But I like someone else.”

 

“Is it Kris?” She pouted, “I saw you guys kissing in the hallway near the nurse’s office. So I assumed that you guys were kind of together.”

 

“Uh..-”

 

“We kissed but it’s not because we were together, I kind of went after her and we bumped into each other.. And our lips touched accidentally. It’s nothing, besides that’s my bro. I know better not to mess with her.” He looked at me and smiled. I looked back at him. It was a good save but now I know that people actually watch us, see us do things and it makes me more paranoid. I really wish me and Kris just didn’t do it. My heart sank a little. Krystal looked at me and smiled. I looked back at her and stayed quiet.


 

“Oh, that was coincidental.. Huh.”

 

“Yea, actually the person I like is..” Kyungsoo came into the table, he was fortunate enough to get a part time job and Momma Hyo’s Dumpling Kitchen.

 

“Welcome, can I offer you guys today’s special Hot and Sour soup?”

 

“Oh Kyungsoo,” Kris smirked. Kyungsoo smiled back and gave Kris a glare. Kris made the most complicated order. Krystal ordered a soda and some steamed vegetable dumplings, I ordered pork buns and Sulli ordered steamed pork buns.

 

“Is that all?”

 

Kris canceled his order. Kyungsoo got upset and promised Kris that he would spit in his food. It made us laugh. I was very fortunate about the friends that I had, they were friendly. He left and we gradually stopped laughing and went on our phones to do whatever it is that we do, for me, it was checking up on the basketball games on my phone. Sulli gripped onto me, and I slightly moved away.

 

“Right, I forgot... Sulli..” I whispered in her ear. “I like Krystal.”

 

“You like Krystal,” She said a bit louder, just for her to hear. Krystal stared at her and at me and glared at me. I know I shouldn’t have said that but I didn’t want to lead her on or anything. And I rather people suffer with the truth rather than gradually hurt with lies.

 

“I love Krystal. She’s my female crush. I don’t want anything else.”

 

“Oh.. well, that’s um.. That’s nice.” She moved away slightly and looked down.

 

“I’m sorry.” I said softly and looked at her. She looked a little saddened but surely she perked up right away.

 

“It’s okay, you guys are cute together.”

 

“Right, she’s my princess and I’m her serv-”

 

“My Prince.” She interrupted and held my hand. “She’s my prince and she does all her power to make me happy, and I do what I can to make her happy too, even though she can be a peasant sometimes.”

 

“Wow, you-”

 

“Here you are.” Kyungsoo rested the food on the table and nodded, giving Kris a glare.

 

“Amber you eat it first, I’m scared.”

 

“I don’t want that . He probably poisoned it, you eat it you bastard.”

 

“Aish, you’re so cruel.” We started eating. It doesn’t leave my mind on how much what that girl said mean to me. She was my princess, I was her princess. I smiled to myself, eating my dumpling. She made me feel so good. I wanted to make her feel good. I blushed, I started thinking about what Kris did. It was so weird, that’s not what I meant whatsoever but I can still feel his large hands. I hate how made such a print on me.

 

“I love you Krystal..”

 

“Yea, I know, let me eat.” She stuffed her face and ate and I smiled as we all ate along.