Focus

Girls Who Like Girls (Who Likes Math)

 

“Kai, ball!” I ran to the other side of the court open for him. He passed the basketball at me and I passed it to Kris. The rookies of the group, Taeyong, Yoongi and Vernon, played a 3 on 3 with us as practice. Kris ran, dribbling the ball as he dunks on Taeyong. We love picking on the rookies and the anger on Taeyong’s face was adorable. We were winning by 10 and the game was until 21. We lined up again and Yoongi faked out Kai and got passed Kris. He was much quicker in his game play, kind of like me but he can never get the ball into the hoop, I wasn’t sure as to why. As captain, I’m always looking for some way to make the team grow and learn from their mistakes.

 

“Yoongi, aim for the square in the backboard.” He looked back at me and went to shoot, but he missed the square.. The backboard, and the hoop, actually I wasn’t sure where he was aiming for, and then it occurred to me, the ball went to Vernon made the basket, 2 points.

 

“That works too.” Vernon passed the ball to me and I checked him, and watched them play. It would be a waste to use my true potential so I was being easy on all of them. Kai passed the ball back to me and I passed it Kris. Kris dribbled and then shot, scoring, again.

 

“You’re doing a good job, Kris. Keep it up and work on your passes. Sharper.” He sharply passed the ball to me with extra force. As I tried to catch it, I fell back.

 

“Like that?”

 

“You’re a dickhead.” I got up and passed it back to him. As he caught it, he winked at me. I wanted to throw up. Kai was laughing as the rookies was trying to defend and get the ball back.

 

We started playing a bit seriously and from the corner of my eye, Henry sat offside, waiting for me. I didn't notice the ball but Kris passed it to me and it hit my face and I fell again.

 

“Captain, you need to be more- Amber you're bleeding.” He was right I was.. somehow the ball made enough impact to make an scratch. I was in no panic but  Kris pulled out a napkin and place it to my head to stop the bleeding.

 

“It's nothing, don't worry.” I pushed him away but he insisted picking me up and tossing me over his shoulder, taking me to the nurse.

 

“You don't need to, Kris let me go you stinkin animal” I kept pounding on his back. He gave me a hard smack on my and yesterday replayed in my head. My cheeks turned red and I gave up fighting. I looked over to Henry, he was as shocked as I was.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“It's just-”

 

“She's fine. Don't worry about it.” He spoke for me and we left.

 

“Stop talking for me.” I crossed my arms. He put me down and pats me down, making sure I was okay.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t want Henry talking to you, I thought he still bothered you.”

 

“He does just a bit, but Kris, I told you.. I don’t need a dad.” I crossed my arms. He pressed me against the wall and sighed. I blushed and tried to push him away, but he looked me in the eye.

 

“I’m not your dad. I’m your Co-Captain, Kris. You were distracted by him, you need to get him off your mind.”

 

“But he’s not in my mind.. I told you Kris, and you keep forgetting I’m a lesbian, I’m not interested in Henry at all, he’s just a friend.” I crossed my arm and leaned back, I can feel the blood continuingly drip down my face and he took a tissue again and pressed it against my face. “And you're my friend.. And you’re my crush and we don’t have anything but I still can’t deny the fact that I love you.” He leaned into me and kissed me. I sighed softly and kissed him back. I can feel goosebumps tingling down my spine and hives he gave me, just thinking about he was touching me. My mind couldn’t stop thinking about Krystal. When he kissed me, I thought about Krystal kissing him too, then we kissed even deeper. I pushed him away and we walked into the nurse’s room to get me a band-aid. As we sat down and he placed the ice pack on my head, I checked my phone. Henry had texted.

 

I hope you’re okay, I didn’t know you were dating Kris. -Henry.

 

“See, you have people thinking we’re together. What if that spread onto Krystal? You think that it’s okay? She’ll call me a manwhore. She’ll think differently of me. She’ll hate me, and I told her that I was a lesbian.” I gasped, and screamed. Kris’s eyes widened.

 

I whispered, “What.. if she found out.. We had.. .”  

 

“Listen, no one will find out.” He said softly. “I didn’t tell anyone, it’s between us.. I think the only way to let this slide is if you meet more women. “

 

“I don’t want to. I’m not social”

 

“Says the girl who’s best friend is everyone.”

 

“Not true! Only the senior class and our class and most of the sophomores and a couple freshman,”

 

“EVERYONE.”

 

“Okay, you’re point?”

 

“You prove to the whole basketball team and the school that your can be a girl. And now you gotta be a guy to win the heart of Krystal.. And blow over this whole inner controversy that you’re having.”


 

I sighed. He went on ahead and left me behind. I could only think about Krystal. What she was probably doing, how she was probably feeling.. This would be so much easier if I wasn’t allergic to idiot balls and . If I can learn how to speak to others it would be so much better. I was beating myself over everything and all I could do was sit alone in the nurse’s room as she went off to eat her lunch. I laid back and screamed into my hands.

 

“Amber?”

 

“Leave me alone to die.”

 

“No Amber, we can’t do that now. Don’t die.” I looked up, it was Minseok’s girlfriend Ali. “I saw Kris walk past and figured the scream was from you. Did he make you upset? Do I have to beat him up.. Let me know, you can always talk to me.” She hugged me.

 

“Ah, I’m fine, I’m just in a predicament in which.. I really like someone and I don’t know how to tell her because I know she probably won’t feel the same way. I swear being in love is difficult. I wish I could just settle down like Xiuminseok and you with someone who just likes me..”

 

“Well, this isn’t easy and well you shouldn’t stress either, you’re a junior.. In high school, you have other priorities but if you really want to strive, just do it, your own words...” She smiled and rubbed my shoulders, “Don’t settle for less, that’s how that freshman Eunkyung and Hyo from the dance team got together, and she’s a senior.” She nodded and walked off. Sometimes I wonder why I don’t speak to Ali more often, she’s such a sweetheart. I thought what she said and I thought about it for a long while. I’m going to go through the plans.

 

I’m going to confess to Krystal tomorrow, after her math competition.

 

 

 

 

 

 


ugdtc.gif (100% Kryber.. I swear)

 

large.gif (50% Krisber... GDI)