Mixxy Little Drama.

Girls Who Like Girls (Who Likes Math)

“Yo! Amber, you look.. Like wow!”

 

“Amber, wow..”

 

“Oh my.” The basketball team was in awe when I stepped into Kyungsoo’s house. We had a meeting as to how our next game would be. We usually have the houses go in rotation so this time was Kyungsoo’s turn, then it would Leo’s house, then Sehun’s and so on and so on in alphabetical order. They couldn’t stop staring. It was awkward. You think finessing your face with a little mascara and eyeliner and wouldn’t make a difference. It did. And it did by a lot. I closed the door with the pizza in my hands.

 

“Yea, wow! This pizza smell great. Dig in you bunch of stinkin animals.” I placed it on the table. They rushed into the pizza. Chanyeol, towering over me, played with my hair.

 

“Aye, aye don’t touch.” I swat him away as I got a plate of Kyungsoo’s mom’s pasta and dig in, sitting in my regular seat. The comfortable retractable couch. Every five seconds someone stupid was asking me for something dumb and watching me walk around. They couldn’t stop staring. It was just blonde hair.. and mascara .. and eyeliner.. And lip gloss.. And people can see my multiple piercings. I guess I looked like a different person. As they got themselves comfortable and settled down, we started talking about game plays. Xiumin got out the marker and the whiteboard and we all talked about our stats and where we lied and what was our best plan of action.

 

“Amber is going to be our front man of course.”

 

“Well duh.”

 

“Kris and Kai are gonna be on left and right.”

 

“Me, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Sehun will be on defense, that’s for the first quarter.”

 

I nodded and took notes, shoving ziti in my mouth. Kyungsoo took a napkin and wiped my mouth. I stared into his soul and whisper into his ear about the numerous ways I was going to kill him. He pat my head. Did he think this was funny, before I was about to choke him... my phone vibrated. I looked at my phone. It was Henry.

 

Hey beautiful, are you busy? -Henry

 

I texted him quickly.

 

You should be studying right now for the math competition - Amber.

 

I put my phone away and all eyes were on me. I stared at them.

 

“Can I help you guys?” They stayed quiet. It was silent in the living room, it’s never been this quiet. “Yo. Hey! You guys reek of testosterones... stop staring at me. Yes I’m a girl. off damn.. 20 push ups, all of you.”

 

They stared at me.

 

“NOW.” They were startled as they got down and started doing 20 push ups. I might be  a girl but I’m still their drill sergeant.  “After 20 push ups, 2 laps around the house.”

 

“Yes sir.” They started to do laps. I checked my phone again. Henry texted back and I looked at it.

 

I do, but I wanted to speak with you -Henry

 

Krystal wouldn’t be happy if you weren’t study. Study, study, study. ♥ -Amber

 

....

 

You’re so cute. I hate you -Henry

 

I shook my head. What was with everyone? They act like they haven’t seen a girl in ages. Which isn’t true, I’ve been a girl all my life. But it’s funny how some clothes and a new hairstyle made a difference. Basically, it was like I was a new woman. I sighed softly and laid back and stared at my phone. It was a picture of me and Krystal. I wondered what Krystal was up to. Studying surely. She’s so smart and she’s so pretty and I keep thinking about it. She said that we were on a date. God, I wish there was some way I could just tell her how I feel. I stared at my phone for what seems like hours but then the guys started coming back. I put it away. The first person I saw was Kris. He pulled up the chair and had a seat. He took my hand. I pulled away.

 

“Nope. Back the up. “ I extended my foot and pushed him far away. He scooted closer again and took my hand again.

 

“No really, wait.. Amber..” He held my hand. “I want to apologize for um.. Calling you a and what not, dude. You know I don’t mean like that.”

 

“Can’t you apologize.. Over there?”

 

“I thought you might want a heart to heart.”

 

“We can have a heart to heart.. Over there.” I hugged myself. He let go and sat farther, respecting my space. “Thank you.”

 

“Right.. Y’know I’ll be honest with you. You’re not a girl to me.. You’re my bro. You’ve always been my dude and we’ve been friends for 3 years and you’ve always been my right hand.” He said quietly, I nodded and crossed my arms.

 

“I get that a lot. Like from everyone... I’m just a bro.”

 

“Yea, I know.. But like.. Even before your little transformation, I slowly realize that you are a girl...”

 

I paused, “Oh?”

 

“Um..yea.. Like I notice things and you’re changing and I just want to know.. Are you a still?” My face blushed and I looked away, my fist lunged at him and I went to punch him. He held onto my fist.

 

“No really, I’m just wondering.. Did you ever get a boyfriend that we don’t know about?”

 

“N-No! I don’t even like guys! You guys are gross!”

 

“It doesn’t have to be us... but would you date one of us?”

 

“NO! I- I’m a-” The others came back, tired. I’m so glad that Kyungsoo’s house is really big, it’s a blessing and a curse. They were panting and as they came back, Chanyeol flopped on Kris. Kris skinned up his face and pushed him off. I couldn’t believe that I was about to reveal to him I was a lesbian. I didn’t even know for sure if I liked girls or not. I know for certain, Krystal has my heart. When I think about it.. Was Kris trying to flirt with me? I don’t want to make assumptions, it’s wrong to make assumptions but why was my ity so important to talk about? It’s not like he’s ever seen me with a girl or a guy before.

 

“Alright! Let’s continue the game plan.”

 

Besides, Kris and Krystal are dating. It’s confirmed. They’ve been together for years now. My phone vibrated and I looked at it.  

 

I can take your ity if you want. -K.Wu

 

“WHAT?” I yelled at the phone and threw at the wall. The guys looked at me. I was going to strangle Kris. How ing dare him. But I didn’t want to say anything too embarrassing. I picked it back up and looked at it. “So.. Henry just texted me.. He said he has a thing for me. That’s the most shocking thing in the world.”

 

“Ew, that loser.. Come on Amber, you can do better than that.”

 

“Hey, that used to be my best friend.”

 

“Used to.. Now you got us.” Kyungsoo said quietly. The group nodded.

 

“Why do you need one guy, when you have all of us, y’know.” Kai nodded and smiled, “Now let’s get back on with the game plan, substitutions, Leo will sub in for Kris when he gets out and Wonshik will sub in any time someone needs a break and we will continue that rotation.”

 

They kept talking about it and I was proud of them, but literally that text message, that’s a form of harassment. I felt so bothered by it. What about Krystal? How can you do her so dirty when she is so perfect and beautiful and so smart and funny? I was disgusted. How can men be so hormonal. Not to mention someone in this room smells like . I felt truly hurt. I needed to tell her.

 

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


 

“We broke up 2 days ago. How am I not surprised he’d go for you.”  Krystal continued looking at her math binder studying. She didn’t stop looking at it and I wasn’t sure whether she was agitated, or upset or she was simply stumped on a question.

 

“Oh, I didn’t know that. I thought you guys were still-”

 

“No, I’m done with him. He’s just a loser. Besides, I’m not interested in a relationship. I have this competition to focus on, I’m going to win 2 more times consecutively so I can get the math scholarship.”

 

“Wow, you’re so focused.”

 

“Math is the only thing I need in my life.” She kept working.

 

“And food and water and a place to live and air?”

 

“That can come second...” She said, vigorously erasing her work and starting over. I stared intently at her erasing. She did seem mad but I didn’t want to press her for it.

 

“And me?”

 

“You too, stupid, you’re second.” She kept working. I’m second which means.. She might actually think I’m a necessity in her life. It made me smile a bit as I blushed. She looked up to me with her eyebrow raised and shook her head and kept working.

 

After a moment of silence between us, I was working on a piece of her math problem with her and she was working on the other half, trying to figure out the problem. We both looked at each other and then looked down. We were quiet again and then she told me;

 

“I like hanging out with you. You’re very cool. Sometimes I forget that you’re not a guy from here to there which is why I wanted to do a makeover for you, but now you’re getting more attention than ever before and I don’t think I like that.”

 

“Sorry princess, I’ll stay with you more often if you want.”

 

“You do that already.. I just wish that you were a guy sometimes, so I can be with you. You’re a lot better than the other guys.” I evaluated what she said instead of confessing to her. So she was into me but, when I was a dude. I wanted to tell her.. I wanted to let her know that we can still be together despite me being feminine but I just didn’t know how to. I love Krystal. I love her alone. I don’t think I can love anyone else, boy or girl. She was just the one for me.

 

“Krystal, I-”

 

“Hold up one second,” Her phone vibrated. “Hello, Kai? Hi baby~”

 

Wow... how?