Light Me Up

The Red and the Velvet(Sequel to Ice Cream Cake)

Seulgi and the rest of Red Velvet were off for a whole week. The other members went outside to hangout with friends while Seulgi stayed home. 

She flicked the channels while munching on some popcorn. She stopped when she saw Breaking News on the screen. Her eyes almost popped out of the sockets when she heard with the news anchor said. 

"SM Entertainment has announced today that Krystal of f(x) and Kai of exo has broken up due to busy schedules and lack of communication." The news anchor said. 

Seulgi screamed out of happiness and jumped on her bed. Suddenly she heard the doorbell ring. She ran to open it. She saw Jongin step in and pace around the room complaining about Krystal. 

She decided to take out a tub of choco mint ice cream and two spoons. She flicked on a movie and dragted Jongin to her room. 

She put the tub of ice crean in the middle and handed a spoon to Jongin. "This is what American girls in the movies do when they breakup with someone." Seulgi said. He laughed and took the spoon. 

It was war when Seulgi and Jongin were trying to get the last scoops of ice cream since this flavor was their favorite. They looked at each other and laughed seeing how messy their faces looked. 

"Thanks Seul. You always know how to cheer someone up." He said. 

"You owe me one." Seulgi answered back. They continued watching the movie as suddenly Seulgi fell asleep. She had a dream about Jongin as always but this one was a little bit more heated. 

One minute Seulgi and Jongin were chatting while eating ice cream while the next minute the two friends had a hot makeout session. 

Both of them looked at each other with love and lust and one thing happened after another. Seulgi woke up looking around while Jongin stared at her with shocked eyes. Then he laughed. 

"Did I come at a bad time because it seems like you need some alone time." He said with a knowing smirk. She hit him with a pillow while he winced in pain. Pillows were usually soft but when Seulgi jit him with it, it felt a little hard. 

"You are such a ert." She yelled. 

"Very funny since you are more of the ert." Jongin said. Seulgi punched him in the arm. 

"You should hang out with me tomorrow. Yeri is depressed now a days and so Joy suggested that Yeri should get a boyfriend. Irene unnie protested at first but Wendy somehow convinced her. If you do come bring Kyungsoo and friends that are born from 1996 to 1999 for Yeri. " Jongin laughed at Red Velvet's weird way of cheering up a member. 

Jongin thought that all Yeri needed was a tub of ice cream and a good friend to share it with seeing how it worked for him. He had thought of the perfect person for Yeri. The next day the girls made sure to look their best for today. 

Seulgi decided that it was the perfect day to wear her "date" outfit. She had on a black crop top saying, "I am a ghoul" from her favourite anime Tokyo Ghoul, black ripped jeans, and a red plaid shirt rapped around her waist. She wore white sneakers and had on a dark shade of red lipstick and left her to swing to the side. She hooked her snapback on a tab on her pants. 

Joy wore something similar to Seulgi's except, everything was white. She had on a white crop too that had Japanese characters written vertically while she had a matching white skirt and white sneakers. Her hair was put up in a bun and she forced the other two to put on perfume.

Yeri wore a long red shirt and white shorts. She had on red lipstick and curled her hair a little bit. "You all look great." Irene said. 

She had also dolled up along with Wendy since they were both going on a double date at the beach. Everyone headed out and the girls met Jongin and the others at a park near a mall. 

Joy and Yeri started getting all shy while Seulgi sneaked up behind Jongin and yelled "boo!". He was successfully startled and coughed pretending like nothing happened. 

"One of these days people are going to think that you are bullying me." He said. Seulgi stucked his tongue out at him.

"B-By the way you look hot. I-I mean you all look hot." Jongin said nervously. Seulgi looked away so that he couldn't see her blush. 

"W-Where's Kyungsoo oppa?" Joy asked. He gestured the girls to follow him as they went to a parking lot. Joy ran to him and hugged him. He laughed nervously. 

"Are you two together hyung?" A boy asked stepping out of a car. As soon as he saw Seulgi, he smiled brightly. "Seulgi noona!" He ran and bowed to her. She giggled. Jongin rolled his eyes. He invited Mark so that he could fall in love with Yeri and leave his Seulgiweulgi alone. Jongin shook his nickname for Seulgi out of his head.  

"Look Mark, you have a friend so greet her." Jongin said. No one has ever seen two people look so awkward. Yeri bowed to him without saying a word while he did the same. These two were as awkward as Shinee's Key and Snsd's Seohyun used to be. 

"Um hi guys." Kyungsoo shyly greeted while Joy still clung on to his arm. Seulgi still couldn't stop thinking about how Jongin called her hot. Everyone  all went in a van while Jongin drived. Seulgi sat next to him. 

Joy sat next to Kyungsoo and Yeri and Mark sat at the back. "Why are you here?" Yeri asked quietly. 

"Kai hyung forced me to come." Mark answered blankly. They cleared their throats and looked out the window. 

"Kyungsoo oppa, do I look okay?" Joy asked. He nodded but really and truly he thought she looked great. He was hoping that she didn't do all of this for him but he knew that was a big lie. 

Seulgi and Jongin comfortably talked about their lives. They caught up on things. Seulgi was happy to be with him and to talk with him. It has been ages now since they have last done something like this. Their first destination was the zoo. 

They went early since there would be less people. Everyone took pictures and watched in excitement as sea lions did back flips or gorillas giving their best poses for the camera. 

They all took a group picture. Next they went in a safari. The van drove pass the lions and white tigers. Seulgi had to feed a giraffe that came up to them while Joy videotaped it. 

Yeri still wasn't smiling. They viewed many different parts of the zoo including the aquarium and went on a paddle boat. They all had to go by pairs. The whole ride, Yeri and Mark stayed quiet. It was only once that they had a disagreement about which way they should turn. 

Meanwhile Seulgi and Jongin continued talking. Seulgi felt as if a weight had been lifted. The dark shadow that once covered has finally went away. She linked her arms with Jongin's after the ride as they continued talking. There was so much things she had to tell him. 

Suddenly Mark and Yeri argued again and this time it was more serious. "I said I was sorry." Mark started. "Well in situations like these, sorry doesn't cut it." Yeri began crying and ran to a nearby bathroom. Seulgi and Joy ran after her. 

They knocked on each stall looking for her. "Yeri ah, are you okay?" Seulgi asked worried. She didn't answer. 

She finally came out and her face was a mess. There were a whole bunch of tears stained on her face. The two girls didn't know what to do. Yeri was usually the one that was always happy but not today. 

"Why did you bring him here?" She asked. 

"It was Jongin who did that." Seulgi said. 

"I am upset with Mark because he doesn't know how to keep his promises." Yeri said. The girls hugged her. 

"We didn't know you two were already close." Joy said. They both helped Yeri fix back on her makeup as they headed outside. The guys were no where to be found. The clouds were covering the sky and rain fell. 

Once it stopped, near the entrance they were given a not from a staff member. "Meet us in the garden." The note said. The girls went to the garden and saw a beautiful fountain. 

Mark walked up to the girls playing a guitar. Kyungsoo came in humming along to the tune of the guitar. Soon he began singing. 

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful
And I tell her everyday.
Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her, she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so sad to think that she doesn't see what I see
But every time she ask me do I look okay?
I say" 
Soon Jongin came and stood next to mark and began singing.
"When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are"
 Then Mark began rapping while Joy and Seulgi squealed while clapping alomg. He looked deeply into Yeri's eyes. 
"I make you mad all the time, but its never intentional
And the punishment I get man, is down right criminal

the mistakes that i've made i've never made them again
So I'm learning every time and that’s the way that I win

You like to give me silent treatment cause you know it hurts me
the lessons that you tryna teach me god dammit its working

But no one is perfect, but trust me we’re worth it
I’ll say it till you believe me, and I got like, a million ways to word it so

I'm asking for your forgiveness, I need it bad
You ran away with my happiness I need it back
But the thing about that

Is my happiness only resides where you are at" Then all three boys started singing and harmonizing together.  
"When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are"
 The song ended and the girls and other passerbys clapped for the boys. 
"Yeri, my happiness only resides where you are. I'm sorry and if you and the whole world to see me then fine. I could always drag a news reporter to come and have me on live tv apologize to you if that's what it takes." Mark said. Yeri hugged him and began crying. 
Jongin and Kyungsoo were confused while Seulgi and Joy were smiling. "Aw, she says you don't have to do all of that. This was enough for her." Joy translated. 
"I already knew that." He said back. He took the crying girl off of him. 
"So are we friends again?" Mark asked. Yeri was no longer crying but she looked a little angry. She pushed him away from her. 
"What did I do now?" He asked. Jongin whispered something to him and he began blushing. Jongin secretly handed him something. 
"Um actually I was too shy to say this but I-I really like you alot." He said shyly. Seulgi and Joy were making funny noises and Yeri shushed them. 
"So I-I g-got y-you this necklace from the aquarium." He held it up and it was a dolfin necklace. Joy squealed and was so excited that she almost choked Kyungsoo.
"S-so d-do you want to you know b-" Yeri interrupted his speech with a kiss on the lips. Jongin, Seulgi and Joy jumped up and down like three fangirls. Kyungsoo just gave them a fatherly smile.
 After all that excitement Seulgi had volunteered to get them some food at a local restaurant. She got the food and almost on her way out she bumped into someone. He looked at her in amazement. 
"Aren't you Seulgi from Red Velvet?" The boy asked. She also recognized him. 
"And you are Wonwoo from Seventeen." Seulgi responded. They both laughed. 
"I guess I do look alot like you." He said. She nodded along. They talked for a little, exchanged numbers and went their seperate ways. 
Seukgi got in the car. "What took you so long?" Jongin asked. She shrugged. She was shocked though when she saw that everyone switched seats. Joy and Kyungsoo were now all the way in the back while Mark and Yeri were in the front. They had their hand intertwined while Yeri was busy showing Mark something on her phone. 
Joy was sleeping on Kyungsoo's lap like the crazy girl Seulgi knew her as while he just blushed furiously. The only two people in this car right now that don't look like a couple is Seulgi and Jongin. Seulgi sighed as she looked through the window. 
They went in Red Velvet's dorm and found two other exo members in the room as well. "Hyung!" Jongin yelled as he hugged Suho and Chen. They both hugged him back. 
"Kyunggie, did you have a good time?" Suho asked. Before he could respond, Joy answered for him. 
"Of course he did, he was with me." She smiled. Everyone sat on the ground together eating KFC. The boys at normally while the girls ate like pigs and at one point, Yeri and Wendy were fighting over a drum stick. 
Mark had to soon leave since his manager came to pick him up while Yeri escorted him out. Everyone ran and peeked through the window watching as the two hugged and kissed each other goodbye. 
"They grow up so fast." Wendy said. Once Yeri was on her way back, everyone ran back to their spots.  Everyone chatted until it was time for exo's manager to pick the boys up. The girls kissed or hugged their boyfriends goodbye while Seulgi and Jongin awkwardly stood there. 
"Any time you feel sad, call me." S​eulgi smiled. 
"Definitely." Jongin said. The two were very close to kissing until the car beeping startled the two of them. He smiled at her and ran to the car. 
Seulgi all of a sudden began twisting her hair and acting all girly. She closed the door and walked to her room going to bed while having sweet dreams.