One of these Nights

The Red and the Velvet(Sequel to Ice Cream Cake)

Seulgi had just finished practice. She packed up and was heading down the stairs. She went in the elevator and saw someone she really wasn't in the mood to see. 

He moved over to let her in. Jongin cleared his throat trying hard not to stare at her. The elevator ride down to the lobby felt like forever. Seulgi tapped her foot and played with her fingers to distract her. Thankfully Jongin's phone was ringing. 

"Hello? Oh Soojungie, yeah I am on my way. Love you bye." He made a kissy sound and ended the call. The doors opened and they were both in the lobby. They both bowed respectfully to each other like a sunbae and hoobae and went their seperate ways.

Thinking back on it, Seulgi thought that Jongin looked annoyed with Krystal. She smiled to herself not believing one bit that Jongin would make kissy sounds. How embarrassing. 

The manager gave her a knowing smile and took Seulgi home. That night once Seulgi went to bed. She didn't believe one second that she was dreaming. 

Her and Jongin were chasing each other on top of a green hill, filled with sunflowers mixed with dandelions. Jongin caught Seulgi but he accidentally fell on top of her. 

She blushed and was about to move away until he strapped her down using his arms and legs. He placed a soft and warm kiss on her lips. 

She tickled him to get him off of her. Seulgi rested her head on his shoulder and fell asleep. Jongin picked her up bridal style and took her home. He was given keys from Irene in case Seulgi ended up that way.

He opened the door to her room and laid her on the bed. He put the blanket over her and took a moment to admire her beauty. He kissed her forehead.

"I love you Seulgiweulgi." He quietly giggled. He was about to leave until Seulgi grabbed his shirt and backhugged him.

"I love you too. Jonginnie." He blushed at the name she used to call him when they were kids.

"Seulgi..." The two were about to kiss. Joy videotaped Seulgi making out with her pillow. Mumbling something about Jongin. She died with laughter at her unnie.

"Unnie wake up." Joy said in between laughs. Seulgi popped up looking around and was disappointed that it was just a dream.

"Still can't get over him huh?" Joy said patting Seulgi on the back.

"You have 30 minutes to get ready. We are heading to the spa." Joy brought Seulgi down after she washed up and dressed to eat breakfast.  

There was fish, rice and kimchi that both Wendy and Irene made together. They all sat down and ate waiting for Yeri to come back from school. 

The door opened and she said her greetings. Soon they headed off to the spa. Seulgi decided to tell her friends what was happening to her. 

"No way." Wendy said in English. Seulgi nodded. 

"Our poor Seulgibear." Irene said with deep concern as the worker massaged her . She smiled when the worker rubbed a part of her back that was hurting her for days. 

"Maybe you should try getting some sort of closure." Yeri suggested. 

"That is a great idea." Joy added. Seulgi decided to follow her friend's advice. The best way to move on with someone is to pour out her feelings. 

Once it was midnight, Seulgi went out to stroll the busy streets of Seoul in search of inspiration. She would come on days off to be inspired to draw something. 

She sat down on a bench and drew a picture of a child playing with a toy. She smiled at how cute he was being. 

"That's a nice picture you have there." A boy said. Seulgi turned around and saw Lay. She jumped and almost fell. 

"S-Sorry." He said rubbing the back of his temples. 

"I-It's okay. So, what are you doing here since you already know what I'm doing." She asked. He laughed. 

"Just like you, I came for some inspiration." He smiled and sat down next to her. 

"You write songs right?" She asked. He nodded. 

"Depending on my mode." He added. She nodded understandably. They sat down in silence but it was a comfortable silence. 

"Talking to you tonight has given me a friendly mode." He said. Seulgi blushed at the weird compliment. He took out his guitar and started playing a tune. 

"Wanna make Jongin jealous?" He asked devilishly. She tilted her head in confusion. 

"I play and you hum." He said. He played the guitar again. S​eulgi didn't hear what he said but decided to play along. She hummed to the song. At that moment people started crowding around them filming them. 

Jongin who was with Lay but seperated from him came back and was shocked to see who he was with. Sudden anger rose inside of him. His anger calmed down a bit when he heard Seulgi's ever so precious voice. 

It sounded beautiful. He was upset with Lay for hanging out with her. He walked closer to them until exo-Ls screamed realizing who the three familiar people were. 

"Look, it's Yixing oppa, Kai oppa and Seulgi unnie." A schoolgirl said. 

"." Jongin cursed under his breath. He tapped Seulgi and Lay and both of them turned around. 

"We need to leave." He said. The three of them were chased by fans and paparazzi. Jongin found an alley and gestured the two to follow him to safety. The fans ran past the alley and towards somewhere they thought the three idols ran off. 

Seulgi, Jongin and Lay were all panting. Jongin noticed Lay was still holding Seulgi's hand and the anger suddenly rose in him again. Lay noticed his friend's jealousy and let go of her hand. 

"How could you be so careless? If it wasn't for you, my hyung and me could've gotten into some serious trouble." Jongin yelled at Seulgi. She looked at him in disbelief. 

"He was the one that asked me to sing with him." She half yelled half cried. Jongin's eyes were filled with regret realizing he made Seulgi cry again. He was about to say sorry until she smacked him really hard on the face. Then and there he had a sense of deja vu. 

"Guys, calm down." Lay said standing between them. 

"Why did you do that?!" Jongin yelled holding his now red left cheek. 

"I was glad at first to see you again because I wanted to apologize for that other time I punched you in the stomach. But I am not going to do that anymore because you don't deserve it. You always ruin the mood. Lay oppa thanks for the song. " She gave Jongin one last deathly glare and kissed Lay on the cheek and left. 

Lay blushed while Jongin looked at him annoyed. Once they reached home Suho already had the hot chocolate prepared for both of them. To both of their shocking surprises everyone was awake. 

It was noisy and people were fooling around until they saw a lipstick mark on Lay and a slap mark on Jongin. "W-What happened to you two?" Baekhyun asked taking a picture of them. 

"Seulgi" The two answered in unison plopping down on the couch. Baekhyun giggled like an idiot while the rest were confused. 

"So is Lay hyung dating Seulgi now?" Chanyeol asked excitedly. The members gasped. 

"No but what happened to us was a long story." Jongin answered. 

"We have time." Chen said with a smirk. The nine boys all sat in a circle. 

"Yay story time!" Sehun clapped. Meanwhile that night Seulgi was sleeping and moaned in her dreams. 

"J-Jongin ah stop it." She said. She woke up realizing what had happened. She gasped. S​eulgi decided that she couldn't help loving her ex boyfriend. 

No matter how much she hated him in reality, her dreams made up for his behaviour. She cried wishing that she didn't break up with him. "I can't stop loving him." She said to herself. 

Irene who had heard her member's cries went into her room and hugged her rubbing circles on her back. "If I still loved my ex boyfriend but they had someone else, I would just have hope that someday he would come back to me. Or I would until I finally get sick of him." Irene said. 

Seulgi thought to herself, "One of these days or one of these years let's meet again Jongin ah but for real." With that she went back to sleep.