Campfire

The Red and the Velvet(Sequel to Ice Cream Cake)

It was two nights before the first day of the SMtown tour which was held in Seoul. To get the artists relaxed for the long tour across Asia, SM held a camping trip every year. It was a time for artists to have fun and communicate with each other. 

This year, the campsite was held in Deojeokdo. It was very popular and had many activities that everyone could do. Due to schedules, everyone arrived at their own time. Red Velvet and Nct were the last ones to arrive. The groups got off the coach bus talking up a storm with each other. 

The two rookie groups bowed to their sunbaes and continued the conversations. Some exo members didn't look too happy seeing the girls look so comfortable talking with Nct. "S-Seulgi noona, I can't believe I am actually talking to you." Mark said with hearts in his eyes. 

Seulgi patted his head thinking he was adorable. Across from her, she saw Krystal linking her arms tightly with Jongin as he paid her no attention and was busy talking with his guy best friend, Taemin. Seulgi laughed thinking of how annoyed he must feel. She remembered in their trainee days how he once told her how much he hated girls that were too clingy. Now he was a victim. 

"Noona, I have something I have to tell you." Mark said. He was about to say it until Jongin walked up to the two. 

"Don't you think she is a little bit too old for you?" Jongin asked. Mark cleared his throat. 

"Yah! Is Kim Jongin jealous?" Seulgi mocked as she jokingly punched Jongin a little bit too hard on the arm. He rubbed his arm while his eyes got a little bit watery from the pain. Seulgi realized how much pain she gave him and worriedly looked at him. 

"Kwaenchanna?" She asked. Meanwhile, Mark laughed at his sunbae thinking he deserved it. He stopped though when Jongin gave him a death glare. 

"You can really pack a punch for someone  who was just joking." He looked at her scared while rubbing his arm. 

"N-Noona, Jongin hyung is scary." Mark said using aegyo. Seulgi hugged him and gave Jongin a death glare. 

"How dare you traumatize him?" Seulgi asked. The two walked away while Mark looked back at Jongin and gave him an evil smirk. Even though Mark was just a kid he still knew how  to get on Jongin's bad side. He clenched his fist in annoyance. Krystal came up to him  and dragged him somewhere more quiet. 

"You seem stressed." She said with worried eyes. She wrapped her arms around him and was about to make out with him but an SM staff was yelling trying to tell everyone that it was time to eat. 

Everyone headed to a Korean resturaunt and rented the whole place for the night. Artists and staff hung out with whoever they wanted. The food was brought out and everyone clapped. It was very noisy. 

"Kyungsoo oppa say ahh." Joy said as Kyungsoo who was just too nice to everyone opened his mouth as she fed him. Chanyeol and Sehun laughed while filming the embarrassing moment. 

"Kyunggie, smile for the camera." Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo gave him a death glare and Chanyeol slowly put down the camera. 

"Sooyoung is very brave when it comes to who she has a crush on." Irene said smiling. The rest of her members laughed, agreeing with their leader. For once in Jongin's life, Krystal was hanging with other people besides him. 

He felt as free as a bird. He was about to sit down next to Seulgi until a whole bunch of Nct U members sat with the girls. Mark saw him and stuck his tongue out like an obnoxious toddler would. Joonmyeon pat him on the back. 

"Don't worry, their all just friends."He said cheerfully. Jongin pointed to Irene laughing a little too much at a joke that one of the members, Taeil made. His happiness was gone. Jongin snickered at him. 

"Hyung, as you were saying." He laughed as Joonmyeon's fist became more and more white because he was clenching them so hard. 

Seulgi saw that Jongin was about to sit with her but she didn't do anything about it. She would've been too embarrassed. She wanted Jongin back but at the same time she didn't want to look so desperate so her plan was more push and pull than just pull. She promised herself that she would sit next to him next time.

She flipped her hair and waved at him instead. He smiled and waved back with a tint of red on his cheeks. After dinner, everyone was way too stuffed to eat or do anything else. They had no choice. There was a big fire and log seats circled around it. Everyone sat on the logs and this time Seulgi made sure to sit next to Jongin. 

"Hey." She greeted. He looked at her and smiled. 

"Hey back." He responded. 

"How come Krystal's not hanging out with you." Seulgi asked while roasting a marshmallow. 

"We maybe kind've gotten into a fight." He scratched his temples. Seulgi secretly smiled. 

"Oh."she said trying to be cool. Seulgi was about to say something until Lay took a seat next to her. "Am I interrupting something?"He asked innocently. 

"Yes" "No" Seulgi and Jongin said at once. "Anyways I was wondering if you could help me with something." Lay said to Seulgi. She nodded and whispered something in her ear. She giggled. 

"Of course. I would love to." She smiled the happiest smile Jongin has ever seen. Suddenly a pit of jealousy and anger rose inside of him. Seulgi hugged him as he walked away. 

"What was that?" Jongin asked a little upset.

"Wae? You want me to hug you too?" She jokingly teased. He rolled his eyes.

"Goodnight Seul." He said patting her on the shoulder as he left to go to his tent.

"Goodnight." She waved. That night in her tent she had another dream. This one was like an alternate version of what had happened today.  It all started at the restaurant. Jongin sat next to her while Nct sat somewhere else. 

Seulgi and Jongin talked about alot of things. What has been happening since the last time they saw each other. Seulgi even mustered up enough courage to tell him about her dreams. He blushed because all of her dreams were about him.

"I don't know what to say." Jongin slowly leaned in. Seulgi decided to join in as well. The two stopped when Krystal came and smacked Jongin the face. This then gathered everyone's attention.

"Why would you do something like that." Jongin asked upset. Seulgi had a front row seat to witness the whole thing.

"I let you sit with everyone else because I thought you needed a break. Not so that you could start flirting." Krystal said with tears in her eyes.

"Well maybe I need a longer break. Besides, you should be the last one upset because you did the same thing to Seulgi " Jongin said.

"Fine, we might need a permanent break." She walked away. The whole restaurant was silent.  Seulgi got up and chased after her. Jongin got up and chased Seulgi.

"Is this my fault?" Seulgi asked worryingly.

"I would have said that it was your fault but it is not. I have always known that you had Jongin first and that I took him away from you. Be happy, that I gave him back to you." Krystal said with a sad smile.

Jongin finally caught up to the both of them. "You two didn't have a catfight right?". He asked panting. Krystal said nothing and walked back into the restaurant.

Seulgi and Jongin awkwardly stared at each other. "So" They both said in unison. With one more look at each other in a split second they were in each other's arms.

"I missed you so much." Jongin said as he kissed her forehead.

"As you might already know I miss you more." She smiled. Seulgi woke up looking around. The sun was shining through the tent. When she looked around, none of the girls were in the tent which meant they all must have woken up early. She then realized that she forgot something. Lay whispered in her ear two things the night before. 

One was that he wanted to help her get Jongin back and was that he already started his plan which was to get Jongin and Krystal to fight. The other was that he warned her to not be the last one to wake up. 

Every year on the SM camping trip. Whoever was the last one to wake up, got pranked. Whether it be as soon as they stepped out the tent or throughout the whole day until they were back in Seoul. She stepped out the tent and sighed in relief that she wasn't the last one. She saw Lay wave at her and she went to him. 

"Who is still sleeping?" She asked helping him grill fish. 

"Alot more people." Seulgi went over to Joy as she was on her phone, playing a game.

"Why didn't none of you guys wake me up?" She asked a little upset. 

"I wanted you to be the one to get pranked." Joy simply answered. Seulgi gave her threatening glare and asked the only person she thought was trustworthy Irene. 

"Were you in on this pranking plan too." Seulgi asked. Irene stopped what she was doing. 

"What prank are you talking about. I told the others not to wake you up because I thought you needed alot of rest. "She went back to cutting vegeatables. Seulgi sighed in relief that Sooyoung was only teasing her. 

Seulgi watched as Jongin sluggishly went up behind Kyungsoo and back hugged him. "Hyuung." He simply said. It might have been one word but Seulgi thought it was the iest word she has ever heard. Since it was morning, Jongin would usually have a deep husky voice. 

Seulgi blushed thinking about wanting to wake up every morning hearing that voice. She soon imagined her and Jongin laying down in a bed and the sun shines brightly. Seulgi wakes up first and decides to make breakfast. While she is cooking left over kimchi, she feels two muscular arms embrace her torso.

A warm breath tickling her neck. "Good morning." Jongin says with the deepest voice she has ever heard. She begins giggling as she realizes someone is trying to snap her back into reality.

"I said good morning." Jongin whined. She jumped and threatened to hit him with a stick that was near her.

"Good morning Jongin did you have a nice rest?" He said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes.

"Well did you?" Seulgi asked.

"Of course. I haven't slept like this for ages." He answered enthusiastically. Before the two could continue their conversation, a loud sound of water being splashed grabbed their attention.

The two that slept the longest was Krystal and Mark. Jongin smirked. He thought Mark deserved it after making fun of him last night. For Krystal, his anger died down since she was getting pranked. He thought that she deserved it.

They were both soaking wet while everyone clapped and laughed at them. Seulgi felt bad for the two of them but still laughed.

A few hours later everyone was on the coach buses heading to the SMTown stage to go and practice. Seulgi sighed as there was no progress made between her and Jongin.

A tap was on her shoulder. "Hey, I really had fun chatting with you." Jongin said as he went on the other coach bus to sit with the exo members.

Seulgi slowly felt a smile creep up on her face. Maybe progress was made after all.