Okay, I'll Take the Blame

The Nobody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

* * *

Jungkook's POV:

 

My second day of school. Time's going way too slowly for my liking- can I just hurry up and graduate already? Today Dad doesn't offer to drop me off, so I take the bus to school instead. I've decided that as soon as I turn eighteen, I'm getting a car. The bus is not my thing- dozens of sweaty bodies battling for even a millimetre of space to breathe, the constant chaos and noise of schoolkids and the grumbling of the elderly- no, thank you. I arrive at school forty five minutes early, which is quite good. There's barely anyone here and I can just sit by myself for a bit. I like it a whole lot more when I don't have to talk to anyone I'm not comfortable with, and plus, I really prefer the company of my phone to actual people. Is that bad? After an agonizing five minutes of not being able to top my highscore on Piano Tiles 2, I start wandering around the school in search of a toilet. I really need to go.

At first I scout the ground floor, and then move upstairs near my form room. I still haven't quite figured out where everything is here. There's noise coming from one of the classrooms- ah, the one behind me. I can hear several people whispering. I look through the small glass window embedded in the door. Inside, the lights are off like every other classroom before school starts, except there are some students inside. I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed in classrooms before the start of school, but after all, I am new. Don't know the rules off by heart, not yet. As my eyes adjust to the dark, I realise that I know these boys.

Oh yes, you guessed it.

The infamous Bangtan Boys.

By the looks of it, they're taking pictures of something. I can see the flashes of their phone cameras going off every know and then and hear the rustling of paper. Are they...are they taking pictures of the answers to a test? Cheating? I really shouldn't be here.. 

Just as I'm about to make my way out of the corridor, the door opens and I'm face to face with the quiet one from yesterday.

“Jungkook!” he says, glancing behind him. “What are you doing here?”

“Don't let him come in, Jin,” says a familiar voice, which I think is Namjoon's.

“Were you watching us?” Yoongi pipes up from behind him.

“N-no,” I say, stepping back. “I haven't seen anything...”
Jimin appears out of nowhere, a smirk on his face.

“So, Jungkook,” he says, his voice laced with menace. “You caught us cheating. Now what?”

“I don't...I won't...” I trail off, unsure of how to continue. “I'll just be leaving. I-I didn't see anything. I'm sorry.”

As I turn to walk away, I bump into someone. Oh, God.

“Mr Byun!” I say, wondering what I did wrong to deserve luck like this.

“Jungkook, isn't it?” he says. “What are you doing here so early?”

He peers behind me, and sees the answer papers splayed across the tables. I turn too, and there's absolutely no sign of any of the other boys. They've vanished as if they were never here in the first place.

“You weren't...” Mr Byun frowns. “You were taking pictures of the answer papers? How dare you?”

No, no...Not again...

“It's not what it look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter