The Boy With the Orange Hair

The Nobody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4

* * *

Jungkook's POV:

 

Sehun lifts his eyes from his book and grins as I go over and sit next to him.

“Had enough of the 'populars', I see,” he says. I nod.

“Definitely. And that Minji girl was scaring me.” We both laugh.

“So what do you have for first period?” Sehun asks, opening my timetable. “Biology! Me too. You can sit next to me, if you want.”

“That'd be great,” I say. I've made a friend already- that's good, at least. I just hope he lasts longer than my 'friends' back in Busan. The bell rings for first period and everyone reluctantly gathers up their books and start to head off in their different directions. As I pass through the door, my foot catches on something and I fall onto my knees, my books crashing to the floor. I turn and see Hongbin with his foot out, as the rest of his group laugh.

“You better watch your back, new boy,” Hongbin snarls. I turn scarlet and stand up quickly, wanting to get away from them as soon as possible. Sehun gives me a sympathetic glance.

“Ignore them, you'll get used to it. Trust me,” he says kindly. Just when I thought I'd be done with bullies, I just had to mess up again and create the same problem for myself. So much for Seoul being a fresh start.

Biology is in a different building and I can't help but be in awe of the size of this school. So many buildings, playing fields, courts- nothing like my humble little school in Busan. As we wait outside the biology classroom for our teacher to let us in, Sehun greets two other boys. Dread washes over me. Oh, no. New people. One of them has blonde hair neatly brushed backwards and thick eyebrows. The other one doesn't look Korean at all, more American, actually- he has lighter brown hair and hazel coloured eyes.

“Jungkook! I'd like you to meet some people,” Sehun calls over to me. I hug my books tightly to my chest as if it's going to somehow protect me from these two boys and go over to them.

“This is Jackson,” Sehun nods to the blonde one, “and Vernon.”

“Hey,” says Vernon, the American looking one. “You're new here?”

I nod shyly. As the three start talking, I notice Vernon and Jackson speaking a mix of Korean and English, which is kind of strange but at least it's an excuse for me not to have to join in- I'm terrible at English, after all.

“Class, in you come!”

Everyone floods into the classroom and we take our seats. I sit next to Verno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter