Yeah, A Fight With Your Conscience

The Nobody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

* * *

Jungkook’s POV

What I didn’t expect, most definitely, was to wake up with Jimin sleeping next to me- and this time, he wasn’t actually drunk senseless the night before!

He hasn’t woken up yet, and as much as I’d love to stay here longer, enveloped by his warmth, I know I have to get up. My parents are out on a business trip and I need to make breakfast for Jihyun.
She wakes up at painstakingly early hours- does the kid even sleep? – and when Jihyun’s hungry, she’s absolutely terrfying. I chuckle softly, remembering the time she cornered Dad and screamed at him till was dry because he’d forgotten to pack her lunch.
Unsurprisingly, Jihyun’s already at the table, still colouring in that flower picture from yesterday.

“Good morning,” I say, in a good mood. Jihyun looks up and smiles.

“Did you sleep well, oppa?” she asks, a strange glint in her eye. Like she… knows something? I ignore it, because she’s only just turned six, and I’m probably reading way deeper into this than I should.

"Yes, thank you," I say pleasantly. "You?"

“I slept well, too. And I think I know the reason why you slept well-”

I groan and pour a heap of her favourite cereal into a bowl with milk, and shove it in front of her.

“Breakfast,” I say, and she winks. She actually winks.

What kind of friends is she making at school, exactly? I rummage through the fridge, trying to find bacon because I’m starving.

“Morning!”

I look over to the doorway, and Jimin stands there, stretching, still wrapped up in the blanket. My cheeks tinge pink. He looks so cute. His eyes are still half-closed from sleep and he rubs at them excessively. Jihyun lets out a small giggle and continues eating her cereal.

“Hungry?” I ask, waving the packet of bacon in front of him. Jimin nods.

“God, yes. Here, I’ll help you cook,” he says. “I’m amazing at eggs.”

I point at where the eggs are, and he fetches two.

 

Within a few minutes, the bacon and eggs are sizzling deliciously in the pan, the aroma to die for, filling up the room. I go to turn the bacon over, and almost send the pan clattering to the floor as Jimin comes up from behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

“You scared me,” I say, reaching up to get two places. He laughs softly and nuzzles his face into my back.

“Am I that scary, Jungkook?” he asks, with a dangerous edge.

“It’s kind of hard to be scared of someone that has to look up to you all the time,” I tease, and Jimin slaps my shoulder.

“You’ve got no respect for your hyung,” he growls, and his hand moves down to lightly squeeze my . I yelp and turn to face him.

“Jimin, you can’t just-”

My eyes drift over to Jihyun, who’s sitting at the table, mouth slightly open, eyes wide. I cringe internally for all I’m worth and grab Jimin’s wrist. He turns to look at Jihyun too,  and flushes the brightest red I’ve ever seen him.

“I, uh- I was just-” Jimin’s voice is a whole two octaves higher than usual, and that’s saying something. “What you just saw- I was… your oppa, uh..”

Then Jihyun laughs so hard she flings her spoon into the air and almost slides out of her chair. We both watch her, mortified.

“,” I whisper, and Jimin nods. When Jihyun finally stops spasming with laughter, she’s breathing hard, tears in her eyes.

“I’m going to tell mommy-”

“No no no no no no,” I say, all at once, rushing over to her and kneeling next to her. “Jihyun, you cannot tell Mom anything…”

“Yes I can, yes I can!” she says, bursting into a fresh wave of laughter. I almost bang my head against the table.

“Whatever you want- I’ll give it to you, just don’t tell Mom,” I beg desperately, despising the feeling of being at the mercy of my baby sister. She thinks for a moment.

“Okay, I won’t tell Mom, but only if…”

“Yes, anything,” I hurry her.

“You let my boyfriend come over.”

“What?” I splutter. “Boyfriend?”

“Yes,” Jihyun giggles. “I’ve got one too, you know.”

Again, I feel like my face is on fire and I can’t even look at Jimin.

“Jihyun, you’re six!” I try to reason with her. Boyfriend? Boyfriend? What exactly do six year olds do in a relationship? I shudder to myself.

“Exactly. This is the right time to get boyfriends.”

I’m still shocked, and stand up to my full height.

“What’s his name?” I ask, trying to be serious.

“Changwoo, wait actually, Jeonghan… no, maybe Minsu-”

“You don’t even know you’re boyfriend’s name?” I say. This is ridiculous. I can’t believe I’m having this conversation with my six year old little sister.

“No, it’s not that. I can’t decide which one to bring home,” she sighs, leaning back into her chair. This time Jimin comes to stand next to me and speaks.

“You have more than one boyfriend?”

Jihyun nods, as if she’s got the world on her shoulders, dejectedly.

“Yeah. And I can’t choose which one’s gonna be the first one to come home to play, it’s so hard, oppa…”

And, at that very moment, both Jimin and I explode into the most hysterical laughter, collapsing in a heap on the floor, my stomach burning with the rush of euphoria. Jimin attempts to stand up, still laughing, but ends up banging his head on the table and throwing himself down on the floor again. Now, Jihyun is the one watching us with utter confusion. I look at her expression and end up laughing again. There are tears in my eyes.

We manage to collect ourselves after what seems like an hour.

“Well,” I say. “It’s tough being six, isn’t it?”

She nods sadly.

“Yeah. I wish I was five again…”

Then Jimin and I start laughing again, except this time Jihyun joins us, and we all struggle to keep our sanity as we clean the kitchen floor by rolling around like three lunatics.

 

* * *

 

“What the , Jungkook, I don’t understand,” Jimin wails, peering at the maths textbook in exasperation.

“It’s not that hard if you just follow the equation through-”

He lets out a frustrated roar and throws himself back onto the couch. Math is not Jimin’s thing, evidently.  I’ve been trying to help him study  for the exams coming up, and it’s been over an hour.

“Can we just stop now,” Jimin huffs, shutting the textbook. I roll my eyes.

“Do you want to fail your exams?” I ask plainly.

“No,” Jimin sulks, defeated. I make a small noise of satisfaction and re-open the text book to the page we were on. Maths is definitely not a subject I particulary enjoy, but I’m good at it, and that’s enough.

“Okay, here, linear equations. If there’s a graph, and a line with a gradient of-”

Hot, wet lips start trailing down the back of my neck, and despite being slightly aroused, I shrug Jimin off.

“This isn’t the time,” I say firmly, and he groans.

“Jungkookie, don’t be so boring,” he says. “I’m just not in the mood for work.”

“But you have to…” whatever I was going to say just melts into a soft sigh. He’s at it again, straddling my lap, mouth pressed against my neck, hands in my hair.

“Just a few minutes,” Jimin murmurs against my skin, and the steamy breath makes my nerve ends

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter