Seoul, Day 1

The Nobody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

* * *

Jungkook's POV

 

“Jungkook! Get off your lazy and come help me!”

I sigh and put down my phone. Nearly beat my highscore on Piano Tiles 2, as well. Did she have to interrupt me now, of all times? I drag myself over to Mom, who's unpacking boxes at a terrifying speed.

“Go and get the stuff out of that one there,” she says, nodding towards a box on her left. On the front is marked 'Minho'.

“Why've we still got his stuff? Didn't he take all his junk to uni with him?” I ask, pulling off the tape. Minho's my older brother, who's studying law in a university back in Busan, where we used to live. Thanks to Mom and Dad's new placements at work, we've had to move here to Seoul. I'd give anything to go back to Busan's beautiful sea view and the fresh, peaceful air. Here in Seoul I feel like I'm going to suffocate on the sheer amount of people and the heavy pollution.

“Your brother can't take everything with him, you know that. Oh, for God's sake. Will you hurry up? We don't have all day!”
I roll my eyes and pull out Minho's old trophies coated in layers of dust, wiping my hands on my clothes in disgust.

“You've been spending hours in the gym, recently, can't you unload his belongings any quicker than that? Put those damn muscles to use, will you. Jungkook! Are you listening to me? Get off your phone!”

My eyes snap up to hers and I tuck my phone into my back pocket reluctantly. It's true, I've been working out a hell of a lot recently. The real reason why is because of, well, how things used to be. Let's just say my old school in Busan is something I'm glad to have left behind. I've naturally got a skinny frame, and although I've always been taller than most of the boys in my year I also developed a lot later than them. They were all bulkier than me, more 'manly', you could say. And I've always had an annoyingly 'pretty boy' face- small, delicate, cute. No guy wants to be cute. Thanks to that I'm also dead shy. I much prefer video games and anime to any sort of social activity. My family also has quite a lot of money, due to both my parents being CEO's of some of Korea's larger companies. With all these wonderful traits of mine combined, I was an easy target for the boys in Busan and they'd bully me mercilessly. I haven't told anyone about it, especially my parents, and I'm not planning on doing so, either.
During the move, I've been spending most of my time in the gym. There have been positive results, and I just hope that's enough to keep me off the radar of bullies in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter