Part 2

Forget Me

 

 

Chansung thought that he wasn’t going to see Taecyeon anymore after he gently turned the overly dorky yet confident guy down, but boy was he wrong. Taecyeon wasn’t only confident, he was determined and persistent. It’s been 3 weeks after the tall tanned guy came to the coffee shop and ever since then Taecyeon would come in everyday just to drop all the pick-up lines he has stored in his brain. He would even show up on days the said barista is not in stalking him by annoying all of Chansung’s co-workers, questioning them all about Chansung. He even went as far as harassing the shop manager with questions about that one particular barista. Jay’s just amazed the shop hasn’t banned his friend from coming in or that the barista hasn’t put any restraining order against Taec.

 

“Come on Taec, give it up already. He’s clearly not falling for that amazing charm of yours,” Jay said sarcastically as they were heading back to Chansung’s work place and continued, “There are plenty of other man fishes in the sea, why don’t you go catch some of that instead, huh?”

 

“Haaahhh, hush your mouth,” Teac responded shockingly at his friend’s last offer, “Don’t say something like that. Someone that knows Chansungs might hear it and report back to Chansung saying Taec’s on a man fishing spree while you’re not around. And then Chansung will misunderstand my sincere moves this whole time and what could’ve been a step away from hitting the jackpot, I’ll end up being pulled to the very back of the line again and start everything from scratch.”

 

Flabbergasted by his friend’s words Jay was so sure that his friend has definitely lost it, “You’re crazy you know that. Chansung’s not even a tiny bit “hooked” on you, how the hell did you sum up only being a step away from hitting jackpot, huh?”

 

“Ssshhh, just trust me on this,” Taec hushed his friend while entering the coffee shop with a confident and snobbish smile on his face, which still appeared dorky in the eyes of others in the shop.

 

“Here we go,” Chansung said bracing himself the second Taecyeon stepped in the coffee shop. It was already 6.30PM when the tall guy and his sidekick came back to the shop, just the perfect time to come as there weren’t many customers around. Mostly the regular whose also as eager to see what kind of show Taec has in store for them this evening – he’s become quite the household name there.

 

“Taecyeon, what a shocker to see you here again,” Chansung said half sarcastically half joking. As much as the taller man is annoying not only on the barista but also on all his co-workers, Chansung find it entertaining to see Taecyeon try hard to melt his straight heart – but he would never admitted that to Taec. It’ll just go straight up to the cocky head of his.

 

“What can I get you this evening? A lesson on pick-up lines, something cool to tone down that greasy smirk on your face, or a huge board with ‘take a hint’ written on it cause you clearly haven’t gotten it around you yet to face the reality that I in fact am into girls – not guys.”

 

“I’ll just take a hot cocoa with marshmallow and whip cream on top please,” Jay butted in before his friend started his never ending rant on reasons why Chansung should have a more of an open minded mind and Jay would be left standing behind his tall friend again drinkless because everyone’s attention would be on his dorky friend.

“Coming right up, that’ll be 3.50.” Chansung said attending to Taec’s poor friend who so loyally accompanies his dorky friend everyday to the coffee shop.

 

“No offense, but don’t you find it tiring coming here every day to accompany your friend do his nonsense antics?” Chansung asked Jay while preparing his drink.

 

“My girlfriend’s unfortunately gone for 2 months on an exchange program, so I’m stuck with weirdo over here. I’m sorry if his antic’s causing you discomfort. Underneath all that .. I mean seriously like, you gotta dig way way waayyy down there, this dude is actually a very soft and caring dork. I guess you left a huge impression on him for him to act this way .. he’s never been like this for as long as I’ve known him.” Jay explained, speaking rather highly of his friend, which was a surprise to Taec. He knows he’s behaving uncontrollably these past weeks, but Taec just realized he’s grateful to have Jay stand by him every day in his mission to pursue Chansung – and not even for one second has Jay ever looked down on him for that.

 

“Well I guess Taec’s lucky to have a friend as supportive as you are,” Chansung responded giving the shorter man his drink while smiling warm heartedly at Jay, “Careful it’s hot.”

 

“Not fair, you never smiled at me like that before,” the giant pouted, jealous at Chansung’s smile at Jay – all the while Jay rolled his eyes and sat at their usual spot at the corner.

 

“Well he’s not as annoying as you are. You gotta admit the care in his tone while speaking of you just screams aaaaawwwww,” Chansung smiled.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re falling for his charm instead of mine?” Taec looked suspiciously.

 

Shaking his head in awe, Chansung was beginning to find this nonsense no reason jealousy thing annoying, and it’s not cute annoying like the other days, but annoying annoying like you just want to hush him up and straddle him on his seat.

 

“Really Taec? Come on, this is beginning to become a bit ridiculous now isn’t it?” Chansung said with slight irritancy in voice. “I’m not falling for anyone’s charm – most of all yours!”

 

The whole place went silent as Chansung raised his voice. Feeling the gazes of eyes on him from his surprising outburst, the barista slowly cleared his throat, “Are you going to order or not? If not, I suggest you join your friend at the corner and find some other victim to harass. This is getting old don’t you think?”

 

Feeling a bit hurt and ashamed, Taecyeon turned around and made his way to Jay and sat in silence until his friend finished his drink and left the coffee shop. Although Jay can’t blame Chansung for finally cracking, he still found the barista’s little outburst a bit much – maybe he was biased. He just couldn’t bear seeing his friend being humiliated like that, it didn’t sit right with him.

 

 

*Sorry, the second chapter seemed so .. meh? Hahaha .. am currently writing the 3rd Chapter. Hopefully will be out the next day :D

** Also sorry for anyone who owns the picture, copywright to them. I still don't know the rules on this =S