Part 5

Forget Me

He felt weird and something foreign swirling inside him but the other’s lips felt so warm against his that took him by surprise. He never kissed another guy before, but he never knew it could also feel good.

 

After a while the kissing stopped and lips parting and when Chansung opened his eyes all he saw was this hope in Taecyeon’s eyes that’s desperate to believe the kiss sealed them together. That all the love and passion the older put into that kiss would come out fruitful. However, Chansung’s face tells otherwise.

 

Taecyeon could see the crease on his crush’s forehead indicating the younger was trying hard to come up with words that wouldn’t hurt Taec - although that wasn’t the reaction he expected. That’s one of the traits that made Taec fell head over heels for the other - Chansung was considerate and warm and kind. Heck he even came here to apologize and even agreed to kiss him. Letting him go would be the hardest thing the older would ever have to do - for now. Even so, Taec still believed Chansung would be his one day.

 

“You don’t have to say anything, I got it,” Taecyeon softly broke the silence, giving Chansung a hand in turning himself down, “Thank you for kissing me though,” the older continued smiling.

 

“Someday a guy will be very lucky to have you - but I’m sorry it’s not me,” Chansung smiled apologetically, relieved and at the same time surprised by this mature and understanding side of Taecyeon which he’d never seen before. He thought  the older one would keep insisting, but he truly stuck to his words like a gentleman.

 

“Hey, no need to apologize. Just promise me we can still be good friends.”

 

“I’d be happy to,” Chansung said, happy to gain another great friend.

 

“Now that we’re friends, we can hang out together right,” Taec proposed.

 

“Sure, why not. I can actually start getting to know you guys.”

 

“Then to celebrate this new friendship, how about we go and see a movie,” the older suggested still not wanting to part from Chansung.

 

“I’m game, why don’t you get ready and I’ll wait for you downstairs and tell Jay.”

 

“Sounds good,” and with that Chansung left the attic leaving the taller man alone in his thoughts again. Thinking back to their kiss, no way would he ever give up on Chansung. He just have to play his friend card right and stick by the younger as much as he can without giving away his desperateness.

 

Jay immediately popped his head up when he heard the door to the attic open and saw Chansung coming down looking normal. After a while, Jay didn’t know what to do while the two giants were talking upstairs, so he decided to sit by the stairs waiting anxiously.

 

“So, how’d it go?” the older asked in anticipation.

 

“You kissed Taec?” was the first thing that Chansung asked once he saw the shorter man.

 

Jay did not expect Chansung to put him on the spot like that. Plus, he can’t believe Taec would actually tell Chansung about that. That happened at the beginning of their friendship, and he prefer to keep it confidential - not that he was really bothered about it, but he prefered that to be something between him and his dorky friend.

 

Seeing the surprised yet bothered expression Jay gave off, Chansung realized that wasn’t really the appropriate way to ask that question, “I’m sorry, didn’t mean to put you on a spot like that. I just asked that cos Taec told me when he asked if he could kiss me.”

 

“What?” Jay was even more shocked to hear what Taec did, “That boy asked if he could kiss you?” to which Chansung only nodded.

 

“And?” nodding doesn’t explain anything.

 

“We were talking about being gay and straight and whether or not I’ve tried kissing another guy before. And then while trying to make a point I asked whether he’s ever kissed a girl before, which backed fired when he said he did which made him even more sure that he’s into guys. So then he asked whether he could kiss me to see whether it’ll develop something in me and I guess to make it easier and more comforting for me he spoke about how he once asked you to kiss him.” Jay listened carefully

 

“Then what happened?” the older asked

 

“Eventually I agreed, don’t ask me why - still wondering about that myself, but only if he’d back off for good when after the kiss nothing ‘sparked’ in me. Back off of all the flirting I mean.”

 

“So did something ‘sparked’?

 

“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel anything from it, your friend’s a good kisser - that’s a bonus, but -,” Chansung’s words were suddenly cut off by Jay who could understand the same thing as Chansung as he once was put in the same situation.

 

“But that feeling you have isn’t what Taecyeon hoped and expected.”

 

“Exactly. After kissing Taec, it didn’t make me wanna run straight to my girlfriend and kiss her madly and make love to her just to prove a point that I’m not into guys - there was no urge to do that. That’s why I know that the kiss didn’t make me anxious about my own uality - and I was actually quite surprise at how mature and gentleman Taec was at my unspoken yet definite answer to him.”

 

“So what now? Will this be it - won’t we see each other anymore?” the older asked, somehow feeling a bit of a shame if their weird bond were to be over there and then. Jay may not know Chansung very well, but he would like to have the younger be their friend. Unconsciously he’s become fond of the barista as well.

 

“Now we’re gonna see a movie. He’s upstairs getting ready at the moment,” when Chansung saw the confused look the other gives off, the younger explained, “We agreed to stay friends. I’d like to get to know you guys better - it’d be a shame to pass this up don’t you think.”

 

Nothing was said after that, they just smiled at each other.

 

“What are you guys smiling at each other for?” Taec asked when he found the two standing at the bottom of the staircase staring while smiling to each other.

 

“Nothing, just thinking that this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” the oldest responded adoringly.

 

“There was no sarcasm in your words and yet it’s very corny. You’re never corny Jay, you usually make a barfing sound when you hear people talking like that. What the hell happened while I was up there?” Taec asked suspiciously.


“Nothing, just really glad to see you up and clean again. Now let’s go.”

 

 

 

 

--------------------------

Note : Sorry if the chapter's not that long and a bit bland. Will see if I can manage to write a quick update during the weekens *no promises though*

Thank you for reading and for all the comments - it is much appreciated and as I said is a push for me to wanna write more and quicker :D. Sorry if I lack in responding =S