Part 6

Forget Me

 

 

It was very quiet at the coffee shop today and Chansung was sure he would die of boredom if no customer would come in any time soon. It was a wednesday afternoon, and normally Chansung covers the evening shift, but because he cut down his shift last time to be dragged by Jay, thus he’ll need to cover for his manager today while he was out. Come to think of it now, no wonder the manager was kind enough to let him off the hook last time - it was quite unusual for him to be so kind and understanding. And here the barista thought his manager has grown fond of Taec as well - little did Chansung know, his superior just wanted to get away from this shift, even if it’s just once.

 

I guess not many people comes in in the afternoon, except during the weekend. Good thing I only cover some night and morning shifts.” the barista thought to himself letting out a heavy sigh.

 

There was nothing much to do - he’s already mopped the floor, cleaned the counter, cleaned the espresso machine and during all that only 5 customers came and all of them were take-outs. Now Chansung can understand why only 3 people works on the afternoon shift - this place was deserted. While he stood by at the front, Chansung’s other co-workers hid at the back napping and what nots.

 

The sound of door opening had Chansung immediately lift his head up, hoping this customer would stay, at least it’ll change a bit of the atmosphere at the coffee shop. But to his delight, 2 of his best friends came in rescuing the barista from utter nightmare.

 

“Gosh, never have I ever been this thankful and happy to see you guys,” Chansung greeted with huge relieved smile on his face.

 

“Oh really, are you sure you wouldn’t prefer to have your new friends here instead,” one of his friends grunted pouting his lips.

 

“Come on Woo, you said you were gonna be nice if I take you with me as well,” Junho, the more understanding one, reasoned with his friend.

 

“I’m sorry, I know I haven’t been spending much time with you guys lately but that’s after Taecyeon became tolerable. Besides they’re great guys, I’d love for you to get to know them as well, I’m sure you guys will get along with them just fine.” The barista apologized.

 

Ever since that time Chansung’s been hanging around with Taec and Jay a lot. Having Taecyeon not hit on him everyday made it easier and more comfortable to be around. It’s amazing how fast they clicked with each other - it’s as if Chansung has gained 2 older brothers who showed him a different side of life.

 

Different from Taec and Jay, Chansung considered himself to have been fortunate enough to be able to live a normal life. He wasn’t rich, but he has a loving family, great best friends, enjoyable job and an adoring girlfriend. He can’t imagine how a mother could give away her child like that and things must’ve been even harder for Taec who thought his parents would accept him no matter what or how he is.

 

“No one is greater than me,” Wooyoung said arrogantly.

 

“Stop being such a and just be happy you get to see Chansung again,” Junho said half sternly.

 

“Well I’m beyond happy to see you guys as well. I’ve missed you two .. I’ve missed you woo,” the barista said cutely trying to hit Wooyoung’s soft spot.

 

“Me ttooooo,” the shorter one cried out puffing his cheeks even more while running towards Chansung to give his friend a longing hug.

 

“Don’t you dare go MIA on us again, I feel like I’m being cheated on.”

 

“Aaaaww, please don’t say that - you’re breaking my heart,” Chansung consoled feeling guilty for unintentionally abandoning his friends.

 

“By the way I have a huge confession I need to tell you guys,” the barista started nervously after Wooyoung finally let him go from his hug.

 

“Oh oh, confession? What’d you do, cheat on your girl?” Junho asked playfully which was responded by a doubting expression from his taller friend.

 

“Haahhh, you cheated?” Junho asked shockingly when seeing Chansung’s expression.

 

“Calm down, I wouldn’t call it cheating. At least I don’t think it’s cheating.”

 

“Did you flirt with another girl?” Wooyoung asked, giving Chansung the eye.

 

“Flirting’s not cheating - unless you take it up a notch. But that’s not the case here. Just sit down first,” the barista guided his friends to a table near the register.

 

“So come on spill, what did you do?” Wooyoung asked impatiently.

 

Taking a deep breath Chansung quickly blurted out the words while closing his eyes tightly, “I kissed Taecyeon.”

 

There was silence around the table, no one knew how to respond. Both Wooyoung and Junho were flabbergasted by Chansung’s confession. Junho was in deep thought trying to process this new information. Wooyoung on the other hand did not look happy about it.

 

Slowly Chansung opened his eyes to see how his best friends were doing. Unable to take the silence anymore, Chansung started, “Guys come o-.”

 

Suddenly Chansung’s words were cut by a slap on his face and he could see the furiousness in Wooyound’s eyes. Junho himself did not expect such reaction from his friend, but when thinking back at Wooyoung, the Rain look alike could understand why his friend would be hurt by Chansung’s confession - Wooyoung has always been in love with Chansung.

 

“Wooyoung-ah -,” Chansung tried to talk only to be cut off by Wooyoung again.

 

“How could you do that to me? You know how I feel about you! How can you be so insensitive like that? I may not force myself to you like your stalker, but I still have feelings for you - how can you even forget that?” Wooyoung argued hurtfully. He couldn’t understand how Chansung can just easily drop a major bomb like that when Chansung knows how Wooyoung felt about him from the very beginning of their friendship.

 

Five years ago, Chansung received a confession of love from Wooyoung - when they were both still in high school. That was the first and only time Chansung has ever received a love confession from a guy - until now. And even though Chansung already turned Wooyoung down and having dated numerous of other guys, to this day Wooyoung was still in love with Chansung. But he never acted on it because being friends with Chansung was far more important to Wooyoung - and at that time his straight friend was already with his old girlfriend. Don’t be fooled, Wooyoung has experience turning straight guys gay or bi, but he never dared doing that to Chansung, because if anything were to happen in the mid of their relationship, he fears to lose Chansung forever as a friend as well.

 

“Wooyoung-ah I don’t have any special feeling for Taecyeon except that he and Jay has become sort of a like an older brother to me,” Chansung said while holding the other’s hand reassuringly.

 

“Never in a million years did I say this to intentionally hurt you. I just don’t want to keep anything from you guys.”

 

“So why did you kiss him?” Junho asked.

 

“To tell you the truth, I still don’t know. We were arguing about being straight and gay and kissing girls and proving some point, and one thing led to another and all of a sudden he asked if he could kiss me.”

 

“So you just agreed to the kiss to prove a point,” Wooyoung asked still annoyed by the whole thing.

 

“No, I did it so he would stop hitting on me. He promised that if I didn’t feel anything afterwards then he would drop all his flirting on me,” Chansung explained.

 

“So how was it? Did you felt something,” Junho asked intriguingly.

 

“Well I’m still with my girlfriend and he hasn’t been hitting on me ever since. I think you get the idea.”

 

“That still doesn’t answer my question Chansung. You’d be lying if you said you didn’t feel anything. So my question is, what was it that you felt afterwards?” Junho asked not backing down. His friend may still be with his girlfriend, but that doesn’t prove anything. Different from Wooyoung who’s mostly lucky in making straight guys fall for him, Junho on the other hand has mostly been a victim of guys who are just ‘experimenting’ being with another men. So he couldn’t help but wonder whether his friend really did it just to have Taecyeon back down or did he unconsciously felt intrigued by his former stalker.

 

Kissing another guy shouldn’t be a light matter for straight guys, is it not?” Junho thought to himself.

 

“Well that doesn’t matter, I’m just annoyed I’m not your first male kiss,” Wooyoung cut off not wanting to go into details over his crush’s kiss with a ‘stranger’ as Wooyoung would call it. Chansung was somewhat relieved by Wooyoung’s cute interruption - in all honesty Chansung sometimes would think back to his kiss and how he really felt afterwards. There was an element of surprise, of course, but even to this date he still can’t figure out how to interpret the kiss. However, he knows he needs to figure it out soon, because Wooyoung may have saved his this time, but he knows Junho would still come to that topic and expect a perfectly reasonable explanation from him.

 

“I’m sorry Woo - please don’t be annoyed with me anymore,” Chansung begged his best friend.


Suddenly Wooyoung dropped another bombshell, “Fine, if you want me to forgive you, then you’ll have to kiss me as well,” now it was Chansung who was flabbergasted by his friend’s request.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

Note : I've decided I won't be inclding Chansung's girlfriend into the story. I'm not really that good writing a story with many characters in it - so it'll just be mentions of her like in previous chapters.

Thank you for everyone reading and commenting on the story .. very much appreciate it. Can't believe it's Chapter 6 already - did not expect it to be a long fic, but there's still quite a number of chapters ahead. Besides we haven't even come to the sad part yet .. hihihi.

Please be patient with me :D <3