Part 4

Forget Me

 

For a foster home, this house looked nice and cozy actually, Chansung thought to himself. He didn’t really know what to expect from a foster home, he’s never been to one before, but this looked quite like any other normal homes – it was empty though the younger noticed.

 

“Where is everyone?” Chansung asked.

 

“It’s 10am on a weekday, pretty sure they’re at school,” responded the older one matter of factly giving Chansung a ‘duh’ expression.

 

“Oh yeah .. so what’s both your excuses for staying at home?”

 

“We’re not that close yet for you to pull a smart one on me boy,” Jay defended.

 

“Well you didn’t have to give me that attitude a second ago now did you?” soon it became a small argument between the two momentarily forgetting why the shorter dragged Chansung to his house in the first place.

 

“Well excuse me for stating the obvious,” Jay said backing away a little – lifting his arms in the air for dramatic gesture.

 

“Tsk, where’s Taec. Let’s get this over with,” the barista said getting back to business.

 

“Hey, my boy is not someone you just get over with okay and if you’re just here to get a peace of mind for yourself cos you felt guilty for your y outburst that night then -,” the shorter started again defending his friend.

 

“Excuse me?” Chansung cut off, “I came here to actually wanna apologize for humiliating your friend in front of everyone in the shop – and with everything that he’s done to harass all my co-workers, my manager even, for information about me, never mind me, it’s a good thing I haven’t reported your friend as a stalker. You know what, I don’t even know why we’re having this argument anyway. All I asked was where everyone went and suddenly you’re all up in my grill over everything I said. Maybe I should just leave – Good luck with your ‘boy’,” Jay’s beginning to annoy Chansung with all his smart defense attack.

 

“Wait, sorry okay. Please don’t leave” the shorter grabbed Chansung on his hand just as the younger was about to walk out.

 

“I have a tendency to get a bit fired up when it comes to Taec - I can be a tad bit overprotetive over the people I care about sometimes," Jay tried to reason with the other.

 

"A tad bit?" Chansung gave him a questioning look, "Your blood sugar suddenly went up the minute I opened my mouth in here."

 

"Again, I'm sorry. It's just that he doesn't need another homophoe in his life. His parents' already done a pretty good job in that department for wrecking Taec's life."

 

"Well I'm not a homophone - if I was I would've called him out the second taec dropped his first pick up line at me. Besides two of my best friends are gay. So I have absolutely nothing againts them and by no meanshad any intention on hurting Tae," the younger explained.

 

"Okay let's fo up them. I bet he's still sleeping around." The two of them made their way to the attic which was transformed into a bedroom for the duo.

 

"You ready?" Jay asked at the bottom of the stairs leading to the attic.

 

"Wait, you're not coming?" Chansung panicked when he didn't see Jay following him up the stairs.

 

"Nah, I think it's better to just let the two of you talk it alone."

 

"But -,"

 

"You'll be fine." the older persuaded.

 

Taking a deep breath, Chansung finally entered the room. He didn't know how to start, he thought he'd have Jay do the opening.

 

Jay was right, Taec was still sleeping when Chansung came in. Thinking what to do next, the younger fidgeted a bit until he slowly crept in to the empty side of the queen sized bed that Chansung guessed was shared between the two friends.

 

Feelig the bed slumping a little Taec moaned without even bothering to turn and see the person next to him, "Jay why are you still here? Weren't you going to college?"

 

"I don't have class today."

 

Knowing perfectly well who the voice belonged to, the taller man immediately lifted his head in surprise but fell back to the floor in the process as he was sleeping close to the edge of the bed.

 

A loud thud continued with a bigger laughter can be heard from the second floor where Jay was waiting. "What in the hell is going on up there," the older wondered.

 

Back in the attic Taec was still in great shock as he immediately stood up and glued himself next to Chansung on the bed. "Is this really you or am I dreaming," Taecyeon couldn't believe his own eyes.

 

"100% real," the younger said amused to see the dork in his element again.

 

"But how, I mean who .. What, how?"

 

"Jay came by the shop earlier and brought me here as someone's been bringing down the mood in this house."

 

"What?" Taec asked still not comprehending the whole situation.

 

"Your friend came by the coffee shop earlier to ask if I can help him get you back on your feet as you've been nothing but a downer to everyone in this house lately," the barista explained again slowly.

 

"Oh my gosh tell me he didn't force you to leave work early for this. You're gonna get in so much trouble with your manager and it's all because of me. Did he threatened you? What did he say, I'll tell him to back off." The taller panicked while backing slightly away from Chansung - Knowing that he's already caused a lot of trouble and discomfort to the barista these past couple of weeks.

 

"Taecyeon chillax, Jay didn't force me to come here nor did he threatened me in any way."

 

"He didn't? But your shift hasn't ended yet, are you on your break?" the taller kept inquiring.

 

"No, my manager let me off early, said it was okay for me to change shift. I was actually glad to see Jay cos I've been meaning to apologize to you for that day - but because I don't know how to reach you guys I didn't know what to do."

 

"Why are you apologizing. I had it coming at me eventually - I've pushed you with all my antics  until you were cornered. I don't blame you for lashing out that day." Taecyeon said feeling sorry towards the other.

 

"That may be, but even so, I should've handled the situation better. I shouldn't have raised my voice on you in front of everyone and humiliated you, moreover in front of the customers. That was very unprofessional and unethical of me and I'm sorry for that," the barista reprimanded feeling partially responsible for Taec's lack of life.

 

"You, unethical? Now you're making me feel even worse because clearly I had no right to overstep my boundaries in stalking you that extremely. I really am sorry for my behavior Chansung. The last thing I wanna do is for you to be uncomfortable and hate me."

 

"Well it's a little too late for that don't you think?"

 

"So you do hate me?" Taec asked in surprising fear.

 

Chuckling at the other's response, Chansung explained, "I don't hate you dummy. It's just that you can sometimes make it very uncomfortable for me to work when you drop them pick up lines with your loud voice in front of my co-workers and our regular customers. It can get a bit embarrassing seeing them stare funny at me."

 

"I'm sorry," Taecyeon said in a low voice with his head down.

 

"Apology accepted, and I'm sorry too," the younger offered with that warm smile that started the whole thing which awed that other one.

 

"You finally smiled that warm smile at me," Taecyeon said with his dorkiest face as if enchanted by the glow of Chansung's smiling face.

 

"Well I've never seen you this normal before."

 

"That's cos I like like you too much," Taecyeon said looking with hopeful eyes at Chansung making the younger a little uncomfortable again.

 

"Look Taec, I'm flattered that someone went out of their way to 'capture' me - but this isn't ever going to happen, you and me. I'm straight - and I'm not saying that I have anything against gays, but I just don't see guys that way. I have a girlfriend whom I adore .. so."

 

"Have you ever kissed a guy before," the older asked clearly not giving up just yet.

 

"No, I'm straight." the younger said trying to make it clear to the other again.

 

"Kissing another guy doesn't have anything to do with being straight or not. I've seen straight guys locking lips together in a dare or kiss another gay guy just to see what the hype about."

 

"What are you trying to say here?" Chansung asked suspiciously, trying to figure out what other tricks Taec has up his sleeve this time.

 

"I'm just saying how do you know you're 100% straight when you've never tried kissing another guy before?"

 

"Have you ever kissed a girl before," Chansung asked again, trying to make a point and starting to fear where this whole conversation might lead to.

 

"Yes, 3 times even. First time I thought must've been the wrong girl cos there was no spark in it. Second time I was actually attracted to her but found it weird to kiss her. Third time I kissed the opposite gender I knew that I wasn't ever going to play for that team. First time I kissed a guy confirmed my suspicions all along."

 

"Fascinating." Chansung simply said thinking his plan to make a point backfired.

 

"So can I try kissing you?" Taecyeon dared himself to ask his crush.

 

"What?"

 

"If after I kiss you, you feel nothing at all, then I'll back off for good." The taller bargained

 

"Is this another trick another one of tricks?"

 

"No trust me. The only other straight guy I've asked to kiss me is Jay."

 

"Huh? And did he?" the barista asked surprised

 

"Eventually he did. But he didn't feel anything, so I backed off and continued being best friends with him."

 

"And that's okay with you? I mean you must've liked him a lot for you to try putting your friendship on the line like that."

 

"It's true, I did like him. But that was a long time ago, and I only dared to ask him to do that because I know no matter what, he won't back out on our friendship like that." Taec explained.

 

"If I do agree to kiss you, what makes you think that I won't feel disgusted by you afterwards?" Chansung tested the other.

 

"Because if you did, you would've made a laughing stock out of me since the day I dropped that pick up line at you and won’t even bother coming here to check on me - and that didn’t happen," the taller said softly

 

Silence took over them for a moment which had Taec biting his lips anxiously waiting for the younger’s response. Not long after Chansung finally began to speak again.

 

"Fine. BUT, when after all this I tell you that I didn’t feel anything, then you have to promise me to drop all your moves at me and move on. Promise," Chansung pointed out, giving in to the other's request. He didn't know what went on in his head that made him agree to try kiss Taecyeon, but his heart melted at his sincerity and he knows Taecyeon's not the kind of person to take advantage over others' kindness.

 

Equally as surprised as his crush, Taecyeon responded with wide smile from eye to eye, "I promise."

 

Even if it meant to give up on his feelings, Taecyeon would give anything for a kiss with Chansung. But something inside him was still sure that someday he and Chansung will be together even if Chansung would maybe later say he felt nothing from this kiss.

 

"Okay so how do we do this," Chansung disturbed the other from this thoughts.

 

"Relax yourself - just kiss as you normally do."


Taking a deep breath, Chansung took one last glance at Taecyeon and slowly closed his eyes, and at the sight of that Taecyeon couldn't help but smile and take a mental image of his Chansung as he leaned forward and kissed the other with warm smile.

 

 

NOTE: Hi everyone, thank you for everyone who's reading the story and also thank you for those that commented on it. It really does boost my spirit to write it :D

However, starting tomorrow I'll be back at work so I can't promise a quick update like now. But I'm going to try my best to at least update 1 chapter per week - we'll see. Wish me luck *kisses*