Part 7

Forget Me

 

 

"You’re not really gonna kiss him are you?” suddenly a familiar voice can be heard from the entrance sounding horrified. 

Chansung didn’t know when his ex-stalker came in the coffee shop. He must’ve been too focused and shocked on Wooyoung that he missed the sound of the door opening. 

“Taecyeon, when did you come?” Chansung asked

“Doesn’t matter, you’re not really going to kiss him are you?” the taller repeated. 

“What’s that supposed to mean. It’s okay for Chansung to kiss you but not me, his best friend?” Wooyoung interrupted feeling offended by this stranger’s inquiry.

“I was sincere when I asked him to kiss me. You on the other hand’s just doing this for your own benefit and to get even.”

Wooyoung didn’t think that he’d ever slap two guys in one day, but that’s what he did when Taecyeon said all those things to him which surprised everyone in the shop.

“How dare you think so low of me? You think you know me so well for you to judge me like that? You think this is all just a joke for me and that it didn’t trigger anything when he told us you two kissed – you, a crazy stalker? How noble of you to be so sensitive and sincere towards Chansung’s feeling. Bull if kissing him wasn’t for your own benefit. Guys like you has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve,” Wooyoung was furious and hurt – his face was red and you can see that he’s holding back his tears while defending himself.

Suddenly everything went silent and Chansung was left in awe by the whole situation that he wished the coffee place would just go back to being empty and peaceful. Under such pressure from both sides, Chansung felt cornered and didn’t know what to or what to say. He fears that whatever comes of his mouth would just hurt someone and he didn’t wanna do that, so he did what he thought was best - kick all of his friends out. 

“You’re kicking us out - really?” Wooyoung responded sounding pissed and astonished that Chansung could even be more insensitive than before. 

“Yes, this whole situation is making my head spin and I just need everyone to go so I can clear my mind.” the bartender pleaded. 

“But-.”

“No buts Taec.” Chansung cut off

“Fine, have it your way. Some friend you are,” Wooyoung glared at his best friend before storming out the door.

“You know how much guts it must’ve taken Wooyoung to indirectly confess to you like that - the least you can do is give him some credit,” Junho said disappointed and patted Chansung’s shoulder before running after Wooyoung.

“Do you really want me to go?” the taller man said trying his luck after a short silence. 

“Yes Taec, I just wanna be alone right now.” 

“Okay, call me if you want to talk,” Taecyeon offered which was responded by a tiny smile from the barista. 

After everyone left, everything fell into silence once more and Chansung dropped himself to one of the chairs feeling guilty and helpless but at the same time weird by the event that just occurred. 

--

It’s been a week since Chansung heard anything from either of his friends. His new hyungs haven’t been coming into the coffee shop lately and his best friends seemed to have cast an invisibility spell because usually he could spot Wooyoung and Junho almost everywhere in Campus. 

Just as Chansung was about to head back home from the campus he received a message from Junho asking him to meet somewhere other than his work place - so Chansung invited his friend to his house which Junho agreed and told the other that he’d meet him there. Guess Junho’s not in campus then. 

When Chansung arrived, he saw Junho sitting down in front of Chansung’s apartment door. Apparently everyone went out, if not he would already hear his mother laugh about with his friend. Chansung’s mother is a kind woman who loves to spoil her son’s friend as if they were her son as well. 

There was a bit of an awkward vibe once both guys was in Chansung’s room. 

“You want something to drink,” Chansung asked politely trying to take off a bit of this awkwardness. 

“No, I’m good. I’ll get it later myself.” Junho responded to which his friend nodded to.

Soon Junho made himself comfortable sitting up against the wall on Chansung’s bed while the other settled his bag on this desk and changed to a more comfortable home attire. 

“So, how have you been?” Junho started. 

“Okay I guess,” Chansung responded laying next to his friend on his bed as well. 

“Was feeling kind of lonely though without you two at the Campus.”

“We were in Campus the whole week,” Junho stated matter of factly. 

“Well either you guys suddenly have supernatural powers that makes you hidden to my eyes or you guys are just that good at avoiding me.” Chansung said sadly. 

“Well I’ve been busy keeping Woo from seducing all the straight guys in campus and be dragged away the second he spotted you.” 

“You know I’m your friend as well Junho. Woo’s not the only one with problems. He’s not the only one who needs your help - I need you as well!” the youngest of the two said stubbornly. He knows it’s not the time for him to behave like this. But after countless of messages and phone calls to Wooyoung which all got rejected, he was in desperate need of his angel to help him. 

“What did I do to deserve such selfish and egotistical friends like you guys?” Junho responded helplessly. 

“I’m not your middle men you know. I got problems of my own as well!” the rain look alike continued. 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to come out like a spoiled selfish brat,” the younger apologized

“Exactly, one’s enough for the both of us,” Junho spoke of their other friend.

“How is he?”

“Pissed and hurt and on manhunt trying to break the hearts of all straight guys in campus,” the shorter man sighed.

“How many has fallen into his trap?” Chansung continued asking feeling even more sorry towards Wooyoung

“None .. As much as he wanted to and how much I tried hard to stop him, he knew you wouldn’t approve of it. So he stopped himself as soon as he caught someone - sometimes it amazes me how much of an impact you have on him. And here I am, the dumb one, always following from behind making sure he doesn’t get into weird troubles and yet what I say don’t matter to him one bit.” 

“That’s not true Junho, you know Woo cares a great deal for you as well. I’m sorry about what happened at the coffee shop - what Woo said must’ve hurt you also.” Chansung apologizes to his friend once more. The three of them lead a funny and unique kind of friendship which consisted of one liking the other and the other liking another but somehow still managed to form this strong bond. 

“Going a bit off track. I came here to ask you about what happened at the coffee shop - why did you suddenly kick us out like that. You’re not really one to easily back away from a pressuring situation like that.” Junho getting to his main reason for meeting with Chansung and avoiding the other’s pity talk towards him.

Taking the hint that his friend didn’t feel like continuing their conversation about him and Wooyoung Chansung sighed slowly and just as he was about to answer, the doorbell rang. It couldn’t be any of his family members because they all had keys - Chansung rushed to get the door and was surprised to see Wooyoung standing there with his head down. 

“Junho texted to meet here,” Wooyoung said still facing down. 

“Come on in, he’s in my room.” 

Without looking, Wooyoung slowly walked passed the taller guy heading to Chansung’s room.

As soon as the two entered Chansung’s room, Junho was seen grabbing his bag ready to leave. 

“Woah woah woah, where do you think you’re going mister? You don’t plan on leaving me alone with him are you,” Wooyoung stopped Junho from leaving. 

“He’s your friend Woo, you’ll be fine. This is between you and Chansung. I’m tired of all this fight.” 

“The hell will I be fine. I only came cos you told me to.” Wooyoung insisted puffing out his cheeks. 

“Look I understand that this isn’t easy on you either, but please don’t leave. You’re the only who can help us resolve this objectively.” Chansung begged as well. 

“Urgh! Fine! But you guys need to talk it out yourself first. If I hear a scream or Wooyoung crying, then I’ll come in. Got it,” Junho giving in to his friends’ pleads. 

With no choice but to agree, Wooyoung and Chansung nodded in response and sat down next to each other on the bed once Junho’s gone out waiting in the livingroom.

“Tsk, I think he cares more for you than for me,” Chansung snorted thinking back on Junho’s words a while ago, to which Wooyoung frowned in confusion.

“If you cried then he’d come in here - nevermind.” still Wooyoung didn’t see the point his friend was trying to make.

After sighing and taking a deep breath, Chansung slowly apologized to the other. 

“I’m sorry Youngie about what happened last week at the coffee shop. I’m sorry for being insensitive and kicking you out like that.”

“Why did you?”

“Huh?”

“Is this a new trait you’ve picked up lately, play dumb. Why did you shove everyone out?”

“Wooyoung please know that I would kiss you in a blink of an eye, I was just surprised. Never really thought that you’d ever ask me that - but please know that I would never hesitate to kiss you, even if it’s on the lips. You’re my best friend, I mean heck some girls greet each by kissing each other on the lips, so why shouldn’t guys be able to kiss another without being judged, right?” 

“So my kiss would just be a greeting to you?” Wooyoung asked confused. 

“No that’s exactly it. At the time I wanted to explain to you something before but suddenly Taec came and overheard everything and I felt as if I’m being put in the middle and I knew no matter what I said or would have done would hurt either one of you and I didn’t want to - so I panicked and kicked you guys out instead.”

“So why didn’t you just explain that to me afterwards?”

“I tried, but you wouldn't reply my messages or return any of my phone calls and I can’t even spot you at the Campus. I didn’t want to discuss this over the phone,” the young explained

“Discuss what?”

“Wooyoung, kissing you is not hard - but I see it as kissing another one of my best friend. It wouldn’t be fair to you. Although I’ve been insensitive to you in some areas - but I can’t just grant you your request without asking you to really think it through because our kiss would’ve had opposite meaning to each other. I didn’t want you to be hurt by it afterwards.” 

“Would you kiss Junho?” Wooyoung asked out the blue to which Chansung immediately said yes to. 

“Would you kiss Jay?” Wooyoung continued making the other wonder where his questions is heading to.

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t know him that well - we’ve just gotten acquainted with each other.” 

“But you kissed Taecyeon.”

“That’s different.”

“Different how?”

“I don’t know - why are we getting off track from our initial conversation?” Chansung panicked. 

“Because I was gutted - what you said made sense. I guess kissing you would be super easy for me as well. But I would be left wanting more and wanting to feel more out of you, and that won’t happen. And I can’t imagine the many poor straight souls I would have to bend to make me get over it.” Wooyoung finally giving in. He’s head over heels over Chansung, have always been since the beginning, but he also knows he can’t force someone to feel the way he does. 

“One of these days I am going to kiss you Hwang Chansung - be sure of that.”

“And I would be happy to kiss you back. You know I would.” the younger smiled reassuringly. 

“After all you got bigger problems to worry about right now.” Wooyoung said confusing the other once more. 

“Huh?” 

“Ah you’ve mastered playing dumb so well. Junho!” Wooyoung called

“You guys okay?” Junho peaked cautiously. 

“Yes, we’re good. However our maknae here is beginning to fall for his stalker.”

“What?!” Chansung asked shockingly. Where did that come from he thought.

“I’ve thought so too.” Junho stated surely taking a seat next to Wooyoung on Chansung’s bed

“Wait a minute, what?!” the youngest asked panicking.