Part 1

Forget Me

When Chansung came to his part time job this morning he thought it would be like any other day. That is until a dorky toothed guy came in the coffee shop laughing so loud with his shorter looking friend sparking attention from all the other customers rushing to get their coffees before heading to their regular 9 to 5 jobs.

 

Never in a million years did Chansung ever thought to be hit on by a guy, but he is almost absolutely sure that that’s what’s happening to him at this very moment. Standing before him a tall tanned guy, who from the looks of his overly happy confident smile seemed to be so free of all the care in the world, sprouting the worst pick up line ever known to mankind.

 

“Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my number, so caramel me maybe?”

 

Laughing a little, Chansung politely pointed back to the line, “Sorry, but the line starts at the back if you’d like to order,” at the same time surprised at his calm reaction.

 

Smiling sheepishly the tall guy turned away only to be faced with frowns from the other customers not pleased when he stormed to the front of the line. And so, he slowly walked back to his friend with his head hung low.

 

“Dude, what the hell was that, quoting Carly Rae Jepsen? Nice .. smooth man, very smooth,” said his friend not able to control his laughter.

 

“Ha ha funny, I’m glad that I amuse you Jay. Come on, let’s find a seat.”

 

Still boiling with embarrassment, the guy who a second ago was all confident walked quickly to the very end of the corner of the coffee shop and hid his face flat on the table with his hands covering his head.

 

“Eerrr, dude why are we still sitting here,” Jay asked.

 

As if his lame pick up show never happened, he sprung his head back up and said determinedly, “I may be embarrassed, but no way in hell am I going anywhere until I get that barista’s name and number.”

 

“I gotta hand it to you Taec, you’ve got some guts. Alright, I’ll wait with you, no way am I going to miss you making a total dork out yourself twice in one day. Just for that, coffee will be on me.”

 

“Uh uh dude, you ain’t going anywhere near my barista”

 

“Wasn’t going to anyway. Here, get us something delicious.” Jay said sliding the money to Taec.

 

After 30 minutes of waiting, the coffee shop seems to be a lot quieter now, and it was the perfect opportunity for Taec to strike another move.

 

There are a couple of things that crossed Chansung’s mind when seeing the guy from before coming over to the till again, one, I thought he’d be long gone by now, two, why is he all alone at the front – dang you lazy co-workers, and three just prepare for the worst, breathe in, this could be interesting.

 

And interesting it was indeed.

 

“Hi again, what would you like to order?” Chansung said, putting on a bright barista programmed smile.

 

“You’re so beautiful that you made me forget my pick up line,” Taec said looking mesmerized by the gorgeous barista standing before him.

 

Ever the polite person that he is, Chansung gave him another smile while saying, “A. I prefer to be called handsome thank you very much; B. that was a pick up line – come on I’m a dude myself and C. what would you like to order?”

 

Ever the determined guy that he is Taec tried again, “Hi my name is Taecyeon, I’d like your name and your number please. Oh and an additional Ice Coffee black no sugar and a cappuccino please.” Eyes disappearing behind that dorky smile of his.

 

Laughing Chansung responded, “Funny and charmed, but unfortunately my number isn’t for sale. Name you can see on my name tag got nothing to hide – and 1 Ice Coffee black no sugar and a cappuccino coming right up. That’ll be 7.50.”

 

“Playing hard to get I see … Chansung,” the taller of them two said while bending over to get a better a look at Chansung’s name tag.

 

After the barista is done making the order, he turned back to Taec and said, “Not playing anything. I have a girlfriend,” while handing the drinks.

 

“Okay, thanks for these,” Taec said turning to walk back to his friend with a mischievous grin on his smile.

 

“What’s with your face? You heard him, he’s straight.” Jay said fetching his Ice Coffee from Taec’s hand.

 

“He won’t be for long .. trust me.” The smile on Teac’s face was a mixture of evil and mischief as he said those words while looking at Chansung giving the barista Goosebumps all over his body.