baekhyun

The Astronauts

BAEKHYUN

“Hey man! How’s it going up there?” Baekhyun enthusiastically asked when Chanyeol’s face appeared on his monitor. Chanyeol grinned maniacally and did a few flips out of joy.

“They can’t fully train you for this Baek. Seriously, I knew it was going to be the most amazing experience of my life but I’m still in awe of everything. I got to go out there with Irene, Kyungsoo, and Sehun and,” Chanyeol paused; a dreamy look glazed his features. “Words just can’t describe it.” He sighed.

“Dude, I’m so proud of you! You’re in freaking space! Like, now all I even have to do when I go pick up girls is say ‘yeah, my best friend is an astronaut and is currently in space,’ and you’d be surprised how many girls find that attractive. They all just jump at the opportunity to sleep with an astronauts best friend!” Baekhyun laughed and Chanyeol joined him.

“I wish you were up here with me, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said sincerely.

“Aw, that warms my little heart.” Baekhyun cooed and placed his hands on his chest.

“Shut up, I’m being serious. You’d love it here.” Baekhyun smiled and shook his head.

“Of course I’d love it! It’s space!” Baekhyun threw his hands up and accidently smacked Krystal, who was walking past him to get to her computer. She yelped then proceeded to swat his arm before taking her seat. “Ow,” he mumbled and Chanyeol chuckled. “Anyway, it’s probably for the best I didn’t get to go. Someone has to watch Krystal and make sure she doesn’t try to sabotage any of Kai’s work.” Baekhyun’s smirk was knocked off by another swat from Krystal.

“Yeah, it’s better that Baekhyun is there to keep an eye on her.” Sehun’s voice came through the monitor before Sehun appeared next to Chanyeol. “Hey Baekhyun,” Sehun greeted him before his voice dropped to a more seductive tone. “Krystal, baby, come say hi to papa.” Baekhyun and Chanyeol busted out laughing and Krystal growled before standing up and walking behind Baekhyun.

“I can’t ing believe even Sehun made it over me.” She said through clenched teeth before hitting Baekhyun’s head and storming off.

“I didn’t even do anything this time!” Baekhyun yelled after her while rubbing the back of his head.

“She’ll come around.” Chanyeol stated and Sehun smirked.

“She wants me.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“Anyway, we got to go Baek. I’ll try to call again soon.”

Baekhyun nodded and waved goodbye before they were disconnected.

One day he’d be up there with the stars too.