wendy

The Astronauts

WENDY

“My dear brother,” Wendy cooed at the screen. “You look shorter than you already are?”

“Shut up, Wendy.” Eric said laughing. “How’s space little sis?”

“It’s amazing! I still can’t believe I’m up here, this is everything I’ve ever dreamed of.” Wendy beamed.

“You sure? Cause I distinctly remember you bugging mom and dad to take you to Hollywood so you could become a famous singer. That went on for a couple of years.”

“Okay, well, obviously I still dreamed of coming up here or else I would have completely dropped the idea of becoming an astronaut.” Wendy rolled her eyes and preceded to show Eric all her fun zero gravity space moves while at the same time discussing everything they had to do that day and gossiped about the crew.

Eric was her only family left and making the decision to leave her brother and come to space had been a tough one. But he had encouraged her, promising her that he would answer every call she made to him and would be there waiting for her when she came back ‘from the clouds’, as he had put it. No matter how much they bickered or annoyed each other, they would always be there for the other.

“Oh, it’s been an hour already!” Wendy exclaimed. “Eric, I have to go, it’s time that I give everyone check ups but I’ll call you tomorrow at the same time.”  Eric nodded.

“Alright, take care Wendy. I mean it; don’t go drifting off into space okay? I love you.”

“I can’t promise anything.” Wendy joked. “Love you too!”