kai

The Astronauts

KAI

“Kai, Irene wants you to go ahead and check the Aquarius’ vitals and report what you find to mission control. They need that now so you’ll be the last one to go meet Wendy, once you’re done you’ll just have to send Wendy’s files and our files on the space engines to them instead having to contact them again.” Sehun informed Kai.

“Got it.” Kai replied and stood up from where he was lounging on the couch, making his way towards his computer station. Sehun followed him and Kai raised an eyebrow at him once he sat down and logged in. “What are you doing?”

“Aren’t you calling mission control?” Sehun asked while smirking and Kai frowned.

“Yeah, but last time I checked that only required one person.”

“You might get connected to Krystal.” Sehun stated and gave Kai an obvious look. Kai’s frown deepened.

“And that concerns you why?” he questioned.

“Kai just make the call, my goodness.” Sehun huffed impatiently and Kai rolled his eyes.

“I’m not calling yet, idiot. Remember, I have to check the vitals first.” Kai gave him an amused look and Sehun groaned before walking away.

Kai made sure Sehun was long gone before he shook his head while laughing. He had checked the ships vitals when Irene had released them to make a personal call to their families. He pulled up all of his findings and started connecting with mission control. Hopefully he’d get Amber or Baekhyun, both of them were his friends and he wanted to marvel with someone what it was like to be in space.

“Oh my god, of all people!” A feminine voice complained and Kai’s attention flew back to the screen.

He rolled his eyes when he saw who it was.

“Krystal.” He simply stated and she glared at him. “Transfer me to Baekhyun.”

“I would if I could.” She replied and continued to give him her killer look. “Hurry up and update me, I don’t want to talk to you longer than I have to.”

Kai huffed.

“The Aquarius’ vitals are looking good, we’re staying on the course, and you need to stop being so bitter.”

“I don’t need to do anything, .” Krystal growled as she typed on her keyboard. “What else? Does Wendy have the medical reports ready?”

“No, Irene told me to call now and send in hers and Wendy’s paperwork later.”

“Okay.” She scowled at him and before he had a chance to say goodbye she disconnected them.

Kai sighed.

Krystal frustrated the hell out of him.