irene

The Astronauts

IRENE

“We did it everyone!” Irene cheered as she meandered through the spacecraft.

They had finally made it out of Earth’s gravitational pull and were setting everything up for their two-year voyage in space. Her and her crew had been chosen for the very first mission in discovering the effects of long space travel to mars on the human body. There wasn’t much that needed to be done, but it was their job to document anything and everything that occurred to their body for the next 24 months.

“Okay,” Irene clapped her hands. “First things first, I’ll allow everyone an hour to contact family members and loved ones, let them know you guys are doing alright. Afterwards, Wendy is going to call each of you up and do a basic check up on your vitals and such. Please don’t give her a hard time, I’m talking to you Sehun, and make sure you let her know if you aren’t feeling so great. Once she’s done, Kai you need to report Wendy’s findings back to mission control and discuss the conditions of the craft with them. Sehun, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo, you are coming with me and we’re going to check each space engine, and before you say anything Chanyeol, yes this means we’re going out into space. Okay, any questions?”

They all shook their heads.

“Great!” Irene flashed her bright smile and headed for the communications room, everyone else following her lead.

She was the very first female space commander and she was not about to let anyone down.