shanghai

make it to me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lights are flashing, the music is booming and the crowd is just getting started but behind the stage, one boy stands closeby to the monitor with his hands pocketed and worried eyes glued to her. Jongin had just finished his last performance with EXO for the night but while everyone rushed back to change, he remained backstage with the staff. He counts down the seconds to the song ending, silently praying she’ll make it, she only has a few seconds left. The song comes to an end, the lights dim and Jongin is about to breathe a sigh of relief but her legs give up when she reaches the stairs and Victoria catches her in the following second. His heart lurches and Jongin turns on his heels, dashing to F(x)’s dressing room immediately.

 

He gets there before the girls do and although they were calm and composed just moments earlier, their eyes line with worries as their manager rushes her in on his back. He props the door open for them, clears up a spot on the couch for her and takes her usually cold hands into his larger, warmer ones

 

“Soojung-ah.” His voice is calm and soothing as he reaches for the sunglasses that were shielding her exhausted, swollen eyes from the audience. He proceeds to push away her bangs to clear up her sweat beaded forehead and holds her up gently to get some water.

“I’m fine,” Soojung mumbles, pulling herself away from Jongin to lean on the armrest. “I’m fine.”

“We should go to the hospital,” Jongin suggests but she shakes her head. “Soojung-ah.”

“I just need some rest,” she insists softly. “I’ll be fine. I promise.”

His brows crease worriedly and she shoots him a small smile in hopes of wiping it away but he only sighs quietly in response. She squeezes her his hand and he can only sigh again at her stubbornness.

 

“Don’t look,” Luna says to Jongin as she’s already stripping off the shirt she was wearing to change into the SMTOWN t-shirt.

Jongin barely batters a lash towards the F(x) members in the room and keeps his eyes focused on Soojung instead who has her head resting in his lap with droopy, heavy lids of exhaustion. He her hair gently and his heart aches at how he can’t do anything more to make her feel better.

 

“Are you gonna go out?” Amber points towards the door and Jongin turns his gaze up to hers. “The encore stage.”

She’s changed into the new t-shirt and he’s about to reply but Soojung’s weak voice speaks first.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter