clouds

make it to me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s nearly two in the morning when Soojung finally makes it back to him. The first thing he does when he spots her waiting in the practice room is limp his way over to pull her into a hug as promised. She immediately snuggles her face into the warmth of his chest and inhales his intoxicating scent until she’s lightheaded. Jongin plants a quick kiss on the top of her head and although he’d told her he was alright, she knew by the way his arms held onto her so tightly that he too was afraid.

“You did great,” she mumbles against his warm chest. “You’ve worked hard.”

Jongin chuckles and tucks his head into the crook of her neck. It’s only been a few hours since their phone call but he sounds so exhausted and drained.

Soojung his head and she feels his smile grow against the side of her neck. “I made it back to you.”

“Yes,” he tightens his arms around her neck a little more. “Yes, you did,” Jongin leans back and pats her head proudly. “Good job my Dduddungie.”

 

Scrunching up her face cutely, Soojung throws a light punch into his abdomen and for a second, the exhaustion in his eyes vanish as he smiled. “You were scared, weren’t you?”

Jongin lowers his gaze and takes her hand into his. “It was overwhelming. Everyone’s looking at you, judging your every move as if the person I am today is not the person I was yesterday.” He looks up to meet her gaze to reveal his hollow eyes. “But they all still came. I look out to them and they’re all smiling back at me, still cheering my name. I feel so guilty because I’ve let them down but if I feel guilty then it seems like I’m regretting you,” he shakes his head. “How could I ever.”

She reaches up to cup his hot cheeks in the palms of her cool hands and tiptoes to press her lips against his. He helps her out with the height difference by leaning down slightly so she could rest her feet flat on the ground. After the gentle kiss, she wraps her arms around his torso again and he places a soft hand on the back of her head, pushing gently to place on his chest.

“You said earlier, we’d be okay, that we are better than okay,” Soojung sighs quietly and leans back to look at him. “It’s a bit scary right now honestly, but it’ll all eventually return to normal. We just have to wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter