she

make it to me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Humans are weird, especially human relations. It’s weird how you pick one from a group of people and decided that’s the one you’re going to love. Jongin also thinks it’s weird how he can wake up one day, look at someone he’s known for nearly eight years and decide he’s fallen in love with her. Well, it didn’t exactly happen overnight, more like eight years of wondering why there was always this flapping feeling in his stomach and why the pounding of his heart was all he could hear whenever Soojung was around. She onced asked him when he started liking her and Jongin thinks he’s the worst boyfriend ever because he couldn’t pinpoint a time. Maybe that’s because Soojung was always different to him from the get go.

 

Everyone admires her but she hides in bathroom stalls and cries to herself because sometimes all the stares are too much for her. Everyone wants to be her but she’s still trying to find herself in this fast past world of theirs.

 

She’s a tornado of things.

She’s love.

She’s passion.

She’s beauty.

She’s envy.

 

She’s the butterflies in his stomach; the good morning text and the last whisper in his ears at night. She’s a cluster of things he can’t understand but also a mystery he can solve in a glance.

 

When he rests his head on her lap, her fingers automatically brush away the hairs covering his eyes. She traces the length of his nose then stops at his lips with a mischievous smile. In those brown eyes that are sometimes colder than ice, there’s a young child that has gotten used to being misunderstood.

“I love you.” Jongin says, in case she’s forgotten in the last ten minutes.

“I know,” she returns with a bit of sass. It makes him chuckle. “I love you too.”

He grins. “I know.”

They laugh and he rises to a sitting position to give her a kiss. He pulls her close and wonders how such a beautiful whirlwind came to love him back.

 

She’s a dream.

She’s the past.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter