i love you

make it to me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is absolutely nothing graceful about holding a girl’s hair and patting her back as she spills out dinner from earlier into a toilet bow yet, Jung Soojung looks absolutely beautiful still. She’s been saying sorry over and over for the past ten minutes and Jongin has already long stopped replying. It’s been a little bit over three months since they started dating and so far Jongin has come to learn that she hates cucumbers, is actually a cinnamon roll, will do anything for bread, loves the rain and her favorite thing to do when drunk is dance under the light of a lamp post like in those old hollywood movies. Jongin thinks he did one too many spins tonight which led them to this situation.

Her hand reaches up to flush the toilet before she wipes her lips clean with the back of her hand. She turns to look at him over her shoulder with a small, embarrassed smile creeping across her lips. He grins from his spot on the floor and motions for her to move in closer in which she does until her head is pressed against this chest.

“I’m so sorry,” Soojung groans. “I’m such a mess.”

Jongin chuckles and tucks all her hair back behind her ear. “And how many times have I said this already, it’s okay. I shouldn’t have spun you so many times either.”

She giggles into his chest and he holds her closer. For a while they just sit there in silence but it’s not an awkward silence and instead one where they listen to their erratic heartbeats as their breathing pattern turns into one. Soojung has come to memorize the pattern he’s drawing on her shoulder and as time passes by, it starts lulling her to sleep.

“Soojung?”

“Hm?”

“You should get some rest.”

Slowly and reluctantly, Soojung unravels herself from Jongin and tries her very best to look him in the eyes. His expression is soft and warm as he cups her cheek. “You wanna stay over?”

He doesn’t say anything and it makes her nervous because she’s afraid she might’ve went too fast but his eyes tell her another story and before she’s able to figure it out, he leans over to give her a gently kiss on the lips.

“Lets get off this bathroom floor, shall we?”

Soojung nods and he gently her cheek with his thumb before helping her up onto her feet.

 

/ seven years later /

 

Right outside of the bride's room, Sunyoung comes to a stop and spins around to face Jongin with a worried expression which only raises his anxiety levels. There’s nearly ten minutes left before the ceremony and apparently Soojung isn’t doing so well. The click of a door quickly captures their attention and they turn just as Sooyeon and Victoria are stepping out of the room with equally worried eyes.

“She’s just overthinking things,” explains Sooyeon. “I think she just really needs to hear from you one last time.”

Victoria nods in agreement and Jongin swallows with a curt nod before excusing himself from the girls. He rubs his hands nervously as he steps deeper and deeper into the elaborate room. Everywhere there’s clothing strewn over chairs along with makeup covering every single vanity desk which was left over from the bridal party.

“Jung?”

“Wait—.”

Jongin freezes immediately as he hears some shuffling sounds coming from the other end of the room that’s hidden behind some silk white curtains. A moment later, he notices her silhouette standing behind the curtain and Jongin steps forward towards her.

 

“Are you sure you want to marry me?” She asks nervously.

He makes a face but she can’t see it. “What? Are you seriously asking me that right now?”

“Just answer me.”

Jongin inhales slowly and reminds himself to remain calm. “Yes. My answer has not and will never change, Soojung. I want to marry you. You are the only person I want to marry.”

He sees her shaking her hands nervously so he slips one of his through the slit of the curtain. Soojung glances at it before grabbing onto his hand tightly.

“Tell me now, why you think I don’t want to.” Jongin smiles as he the back of her hand gently with his thumb.

“It’s not that,” Soojung mumbles. “It’s just… I’m a mess, Jongin.”

He snorts although he really didn’t mean to.

“I’m serious.”

“Okay, tell me why you think you’re a mess.” Jongin had entered thinking she was really having cold feet but it’s just another one of her cute little meltdowns she has when she gets too nervous.

“Well,” Soojung sighs. “I at cooking. I can’t keep my mouth shut after three shots. I have a very bad case of resting face. I don’t know how to file taxes. I still cry when Mufasa dies. I’m also going to be the world’s most horrible mother because I can’t even keep a cactus alive.” She groans as he fights back a laugh. “A cactus Jongin, a cactus! It’s extremely hard to kill a cactus and I somehow effortlessly managed to do that.”

“Honey, I think you’re overreacting here.”

“Jongin, I’m serious.” She heaves another sigh. “What if I can’t be the perfect wife for you?”

Jongin takes a moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter