Taking care of you

Somebody that I used to know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your eyes opened slowly only to be met by the bright light. Your eyes closed as a reflex and you tried to open them again and you saw him, you heard him saying something; his voice husky and melodious, a voice that you seem to know by heart.  The light behind him made him look like an angel surrounded by a halo. His face was had a worried expression that changed to a wide grin when you opened your eyes and what a view that was; his smile is so innocent, pure and genuinely caring, his eyes brown like a chocolate river. You found yourself smiling despite the pain in your head. “I’ll get the doctor.” You heard him say before he disappeared. “Can’t you take care of yourself, silly?” Eunji said wiping her tears “What happened?” You asked. Your voice sounded weak even talking felt like you were making an effort. The doctor came to check up on you and said that you could leave after you eat lunch.

“You’ll come stay with me.” Eunji said in a commanding voice “No” Naeun answered “Then I’ll stay with you.” “No” “I won’t leave you like that” “I’m fine and I can take care of myself. I don’t need a babysitter.” “Obviously, can’t you see where we are?” “I was tired. I’m fine now.” Myungsoo watched Naeun and Eunji bicker at each other with an amused smile. “Still a no Eunji; you know your dad won’t like it.” Naeun said angrily “Enough you two. Eunji go home and I’ll take care of Naeun.” Myungsoo said “I said I don’t need anyone. I’m perfectly fine on my own. I’ve been fine by myself for two years.” Naeun shouted “No, you weren’t fine. You were overworking yourself.” Eunji yelled back “Even if my dad doesn’t like it you’re my friend and it has nothing to do with him. Friends are supposed to have each others’ back but you won’t let me or anyone help you.” Eunji continued with tears falling from her eyes. “Calm down girls. Eunji let’s talk outside.” Myungsoo said and they left the room “Don’t worry about her Eunji. I’ll take care of her.” He said “And why should I trust you? We don’t even know you.” She said annoyingly but she regretted it “Sorry, I didn’t mean to say that.” “No, you’re right. You’ve no reason to trust me and, honestly, I don’t even know why I’m doing this but I feel responsible for her.” He said as if he was talking to himself. Eunji smiled “Call me if something happens. If she refuses your help call me and I’ll take care of her. But if you hurt her I’ll chase your sorry till the end of earth and I’ll torture you.” she threatened making him gulp “I won’t.” “Good for you.” she said.

Myungsoo drove Naeun home and walked her to her apartment door. “You can leave now.” she said “I’ll but the groceries in the kitchen first.” He said “I can do that. I still have my hands.” “The doctor said you need to rest. Open the door they’re heavy and I need my hands to play the guitar.” She sighed “You’re all extra annoying today.” She opened the door and he walked in right behind her. They arranged the groceries in the fridge and he helped her clean the living room then he threw himself on the couch. “I’m tired.” He said closing his eyes “Myungsoo go home.” “Is that is how you say thanks? By kicking me out” he said in a sleepy voice. “Thank you for everything.” She said “That is better. Where is that extra room?” he stood up and walked to the door and opened it “I think that is it.” He said “What do you think you’re doing?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter