one of those days

Somebody that I used to know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a cold night a few days before charismas break, you sat on the floor surrounded by a mess of papers and your laptop trying to finish your assignment that was due in a few days. You phone rang and you got more shocked than you should be. Seeing the caller’s ID a devastated sigh escaped your mouth. You answered since you know there were no running away “Hello dad” you said coldly “Hello Naeun. How are you?  You never call.” Your dad said in a blaming voice. “I didn’t hear from you either.” “I’m your father. Don’t you worry about your old man?” Tears were filling your eyes and you clinched your fist “I thought you married that… thing to do that.” you said flatly trying your best to keep your voice steady. “The way you treat me should have nothing to do with her.” He yelled “Really? Why don’t you do that yourself?” anger rising inside of you but still you tried to keep you voice cold and monotonous. “I don’t like that attitude young lady. Anyway, I was worried about you. I didn’t want you to spend the vacation alone. I send you a flight ticket so you can spend charismas with us.” “Since when do you care about me? When did you remember that you have daughter? I hope you send a refundable ticket so I could use the money to pay college fees or the rent.” You shouted angrily as tears flooded from your eyes. “Yah Naeun, how could you speak to your dad like that?” he shouted back “Who said you could shout at me? Goodbye dad” you shouted and ended the call then you broke down crying. Your roommate rushed out of the room when she heard you shouting. Seeing the way that you looked she sat next to you and let you cry on her shoulder as she patted your back.

The next day, you didn’t have the appetite to eat anything and you were in a terrible mood. Your partner had told you before that she had an exam and she wouldn’t come to the diner that night. A couple waitresses said the same, so you were left with only one waitress to help you at the diner. You told her to take the day off and you hanged a sign saying closed. Sitting alone at the diner, you chose a sad song on the karaoke machine and you sang to it letting you tears and anger out.  The song was over and you lay on the floor staring at the ceiling. The door opened and the bell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter