Forgiveness and confessions

Somebody that I used to know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride back to the hotel was awfully quiet. Myungsoo avoided Naeun’s gaze. His ears were red and his face was flushed. Naeun chuckled lightly when she saw him. He looked cute that she wanted to kiss him again and see him blush. She wasn’t someone who’s afraid of her feelings. She had already admitted to herself that she had feelings for him. He made her feel comfortable and safe. Seeing him like this made her feel a little too blunt, but she didn’t mind. The problem was that they had to share a room and she could imagine how flustered Myungsoo would be. She was debating with herself whether she should tell him that she knew who he is or just keep quiet. When they got out of the cab she linked her arm with his. “You can’t avoid me for the rest of the trip. We’re staying together. It was just a kiss. You don’t have to worry about it.” She said. He pouted and she chuckled “I think that since we kissed you should start calling me oppa.” Myungsoo teased and they laughed as they walked to the Hotel lobby. “Ma’am, someone is waiting for you.” The receptionist said pointing to a man sitting on a couch with a glass and a bottle of fancy wine. The look on Naeun’s face changed. Myungsoo could see that she was troubled “Are you okay? Who is this man?” He asked in concern. She sighed “Myungsoo, go to the room and shower. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” She kissed his cheek and walked to the man. Myungsoo was shocked by her actions. He was also worried and a little jealous. He wondered who that man could be.

“Long time no see, Nina. How have you been?” The man said standing up and extending his hand. Naeun sat without taking his hand. “I’m more than fine.” She said flatly. He poured wine in her glass and she accepted it. “I see you have company.” He said with a smirk. She smirked at him “You still have eyes.” She snickered. “I also see that you two are close.” “It shouldn’t matter to you. You’re getting married tomorrow.” “You still like stating facts.” “What are you doing here? Why aren’t you with you fiancée or at your bachelor party?” She asked “I heard you arrived and that you had a man, so I came to see for myself. Did you hire him to be you fake date? Tsk, I guess not. You don’t have the money to do that. I heard about you new business, congratulations.” “Congratulations to you too. If you’re done, I’ll leave now.” She stood up then she smirked looking the man in the eye “He doesn’t like to be kept waiting.” She whispered loud enough for him to hear. “Take the wine. You’re, probably, still a prude. The wine might help you tonight.” He said. Naeun chuckled “It’s the night before your wedding and you’re spent waiting and chatting with your ex. I guess you need the wine more than me. Good night, Matty” she said then she walked away.

Naeun lay in bed with her back to Myungsoo. He was facing away from her too. “Myungsoo, you can take off the beanie and glasses. I won’t look.” She said. She heard his shuffling in bed and she felt his gaze on her back. Myungsoo’s brain was going back and forth. Did she know who he is? When did she fin out? Why didn’t she tell him? He wanted to ask her but he didn’t have the courage. He didn’t want to risk their relation. She is too precious to him but if she knew who he is things would change. “Who was that guy?” he asked “That is the groom.” She said “That was the jerk that broke your heart. Why did you tell me?” he asked anger apparent in his voice. “It is my problem, Myung. I have to deal with it on my own.” She said “Did he hurt you?” “He can’t” “I don’t mean physically, Naeun.” “He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter