A warm day

Somebody that I used to know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The music ended and you stepped apart. You ate the dinner he made and you complimented his delicious cooking “Maybe you should come help me with the diner in your free time” you said. He smiled and said “Anything for you but I don’t think you can afford my salary.” He smirked and you laughed. “You decided what song you are going to sing?” he asked. A song came to your mind. It wasn’t a sad song; actually it was a motivational one. That is exactly what you need now. You connected your phone to the speaker and chose the song. Music played and you started singing Carrie Underwood’s there is a place for us. You tried your best to control your voice. You didn’t want your voice to break. You looked at Myungsoo who was staring at you in disbelief. You close your eyes till the song was over. You heard Myungsoo clapping and whistling which made you giggle. “Wow, your voice is amazing Naeun. How come you never thought of auditioning?” He asked “Too much work” you smirked and he laughed loudly. You though he laughed more than he should. “Your English is perfect.” He said “It should be. I lived all my life in the US. It would be big problem if my English is bad.” You chuckled. He laughed “I have a deal for you. I will teach you how to play the guitar and you’ll help me improve my English.” He said. You acted as if you were thinking about it then you nodded and smiled. He shook you hand. “Now, your turn.” You said and he sighed loudly “You thought you were going to get away.” You pouted and he laughed “No, I gave you my word.” He said connecting his phone to the speakers. A familiar song played and he began singing. His voice was husky and playful yet soft and clear. You found yourself humming along to K.will’s love blossom. He was comfortable on stage. He was looking at you and smiling. He was moving easily. He stepped off stage, walked to you as he sang, held you hand and span you twice. You found yourself easily moving with him. You grinned and sang along. When he finished the song you applauded excitedly “I told you your voice was going to be good. Wow, I’m struck. You need to sing more often.” You said with a wide grin. He patted your head “It’s getting late. Let me walk you home.” He said with a smile.

He walked you home and you had to admit that every time he smiled or laughed your heart flattered. He felt the same too every time you laughed to one of his joke his heart raced. “Can I pick you up after school tomorrow?” He asked timidly when you stopped in front of your building. You were shocked by his sudden question but you managed nod. He grinned widely showing the dimple on his cheek and you felt your heart beats going faster. “When do you finish?” he asked “At 4 pm.” You said knowing the question he would ask next. You were still indecisive about whether you should tell him or not. “Can I have your number? You know so I can call and check on you.” his said rubbing the back of his neck. You giggled since it happened exactly as you’ve expected. He looked at you confused and questioning but you just nodded and gave him your number. “Myungsoo, thanks for tonight. I had a really good time.” “You’re welcome.” He smiled genuinely. “See you tomorrow.” He said.

The next da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter