Confusion & Fear

Somebody that I used to know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah Myungsoo, I’m not your wife or your girlfriend. Christmas is about family and friends; loved ones. I’m none of that I’m just a diner girl.” Myungsoo recalled what Naeun said to him. As he tossed and turned in bed unable to sleep. What does she mean to him? He asked himself but he had no answer. They weren’t friends or lovers. They were acquaintances but why on earth would he ask her to spend Christmas with him? It didn’t make any sense. He is happy when he is with her and he wants to see her constantly but they’re not close enough to be called a thing. He was confused and scared. The last time he dated things didn’t turn out well. He’d promised himself not to fall in love again. But was he falling for her? Myungsoo ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. Then he shook his head. Well this wasn’t working. He needs to talk to someone. He picked up the phone and dialed Woohyun who answered in a sleepy voice. “Yah kim Myungsoo why are calling me at 3 a.m.?” Checking the clock Myungsoo realized it was late. He felt sorry for waking Woohyun up. “Sorry bro, I didn’t know it was this late. I’ll call you tomorrow.” He said then he hung up and threw himself on bed sighing in frustration.

Naeun sat in the balcony staring at the sky. She was content. She hasn’t been this happy in a long while. Well, it was a good day; she thought. They did well at the presentation and she went out on ……. a date? What was it? Well, she hung out with Myungsoo. That was a safe expression; they’re just hanging out. He is a nice guy and she feels happy around him. She couldn’t deny that she was feeling something for him. She couldn’t figure out what it was but time shall reveal everything. But he asked her to spend Christmas with him. Why would he do that? Did he feel sorry for her? Did he like her? No, not possible. They don’t know each other enough to fall for one another. She wanted to shrug it off but it kept playing in her head he even told her that she hand twenty-four days to think about it. He seems like a good guy but don’t they all seem good at the beginning? Isn’t it all an act till they get a hold of you then they change into different people? They begin to lie and cheat. They call you needy and clingy then they break your heart. She knows this game all too well; she’s been there before. Why does she have to over think everything? It’s not like he asked her to be his girlfriend or anything. He probably felt sorry for her because she has to work on Christmas. She lay on her bed staring at the ceiling. She was thinking that maybe she should use the ticket her Dad sent to go to the US and meet her friends there. She missed them so much but she didn’t know if it was the right thing to do. The city held too much bad memories that she tried hard to forget. Her mood was getting down so she decided to think about her day with Myungsoo instead. Her eyes were heavy and she slipped into a deep sleep soon.

The next day Naeun woke up to a knock on her door. Her roommate peaked through the door to see if she was sleeping. Naeun signaled her to come in. The girl sat on the edge of Naeun’s bed and fiddled he fingers. Naeun know that something was wrong. Of course it’d be how come s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter