Enter Jongup Stage Right

Body and Soul

"Yah, you lazy bastard! Get up!"

"But hyung!" came the automatic, sleepy reply.

"Don't hyung me! Get up!"

"Uuurrggg!"

Youngjae sat up in bed and slowly turned his head towards his phone. He sighed heavily before he reached to turn off his alarm, silencing the raspy voice that filled his room. As much as he loved his hyung, he had to admit that the recording of his hyung screaming first thing in the morning was bad enough to wake the dead up just to shut it up.

Youngjae closed his eyes and whined and then proceeded to bum-shuffle his way to the edge of his bed. He hadn't needed to get up this early for weeks. He'd taken three weeks off work to do nothing and everything and now his holiday was over. He was being forced back into his boring monotonous working life. Youngjae didn't hate his job, but he wasn't exactly fond of it, mainly because there were soulmates everywhere, but he enjoyed what he did. Youngjae worked at an electronics firm as a designer and he was always drawing up new blue prints for the latest gadgets. He'd achieved one of his dreams and he was proud of it. His other dream, however...

Youngjae ran through his morning schedule with ease and promptly arrived at work, greeting his co-workers as he walked to his desk. He sat down and sighed. He'd only been there 10 minutes and it was if he'd never even left. He could feel that it was going to be a long day.

Youngjae just sighed.

___

He was right. The day had dragged. It was 18:00 when Youngjae left his office building, he grabbed his shoulder bag, threw on his coat and started to head towards his car. Youngjae had just put his seatbelt on when his phone rang.

"Hello?" he answered

"Hyung? It's Jongup!" came the cheery reply.

"Oh hey Guppie, what's up?" Youngjae asked while trying to sort out the Bluetooth headset. He threw his phone on to the passenger seat, started the car, and then pulled out of the car park.

"Would it be possible to pick me up?"

"Sure Gup! Where abouts?"

"Outside my uni building?"

"Yeah sure, I'll be there in 10."

"Thanks Jae hyung! I'll see you soon!"

Youngjae hung up and started driving towards Jongup's university. The younger was in his final year as a dance and performing arts major and he'd already managed to secure a job for when he finished. Youngjae was very proud of Jongup, but also slightly envious because the younger loved his degree, loved his soulmate, and loved the idea of his future job. Jongup had everything going for him and Youngjae felt small in comparison.

Youngjae pulled up in front of Jongup's university building and saw the younger boy leaning against it texting furiously and completely out of it. Youngjae rolled down the window.

"Hey Jongup!" he shouted, successfully scaring the younger boy.

Jongup jumped up from his slouched position and started to run towards Youngjae's car. "Oh hey hyung!" he said opening the door. "Thanks so much for picking me up!"

"No problem, Guppie!" Youngjae said as he started to drive again. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm missing Junnie though," he said sadly.

"He'll be back soon, Gup. Don't worry."

"I'm just worried about him."

"You know Yongguk hyung wouldn't let him get into trouble," Youngjae laughed. Jongup just nodded and returned his attention to his phone.

Jongup's soulmate was called Junhong and they'd found each other when Junhong had turned 18, and in Youngjae's eyes, they were perfect for each other. These two were his friends whose wrists were turquoise, and the colour fit them both perfectly.

Junhong had gone away for a week with his brother Yongguk and his brother's soulmate Himchan to visit some sort rapping competition in Tokyo and although it had only been two days since they left, Jongup was already missing him.

"Hyung?" Jongup asked nervously.

"Yeah?"

"Can I stay at yours tonight?" he asked quietly. "It's so quiet and lonely at home without Junnie and I-"

"Is this why you asked me to pick you up?" Youngjae asked. He sighed when he saw the younger nod. "Of course you can, Guppie. You're always welcome."

"Thanks hyung!" Jongup paused. "And maybe you can drop me off at uni in the morning?"

"Fine."

Jongup just smiled.

 

 

 

---

Next part is up! Thanks for reading~