Introduction to Yoo Youngjae and the Concept of Soulmates

Body and Soul

They were everywhere. Soulmates. Not just soulmates themselves but advertisements of the wonder of having a soulmate. Billboards with happy couples on showing off their wrists, slogans advertising a new shampoo by saying "Perfect for Soulmates", and the double spread in the papers only for people to congratulate family members for finding their soulmates.

They were everywhere.

And Youngjae hated it.

It was incredibly common for people to find their soulmates, simply because soulmates are made for each other and this usually happened for the majority of people around their 20th birthday.

But not for Youngjae.

When a person gets close to their soulmate for the first time, their right wrist starts to turn a different colour. The colouring was almost like a watercolour painting and each pair of soulmates had a slightly different colour wrist to everyone else. Once a pair of soulmates have then met, their wrists stay that colour, forever uniting them.

Youngjae's right wrist was the same colour as his left wrist and the rest of his body.

But he saw the colours everyday. Bright oranges to hot pinks, mellow yellows to deep blues, and even those you couldn't name. Two of his close friends shared a colour that was somewhere between blood red and hot pink, and two of his other friends shared a light turquoise colour.

It wasn't even as if Youngjae was too young to find his soulmate: he was 23 years old. So, past the usual age in which people find their soulmates and never once had his wrist even started to think about changing colour let alone actually do it.

Youngjae had started to give up. Because it was so common for people to find their soulmate around the age of 20, it was rare for someone over 22 to find their soulmate. His friends told him to keep looking and not to give up, but Youngjae had started to despair.

Youngjae just hated it.

 

 

---

First chapter up! Just a little introduction to start with!

Thanks for reading and please comment!