Hope and That Name

Body and Soul

"Dae!"

"Oh hey, Tae, Kookie. You guys okay?"

Daehyun was sat in his usual coffee shop waiting for his best friend, Taehyung and his soulmate Jungkook. They met up as often as they could around their busy schedules.

"Yeah we're good, right Kookie?" Taehyung said, pulling his giggling soulmate down into the seat next to him. "You okay, Dae?"

"Uh-huh! I'm okay," Daehyun said. "Oh, and I've already ordered. The usual is fine right?" Taehyung and Jungkook nodded. "Good! It should be here soon then!"

The food and drinks came shortly afterwards and the three friends settled into a comfortable conversation about anything and everything, which was only interrupted when either Daehyun or Taehyung tried to steal food off the other and with Jungkook trying to referee the battle.

"Oh, Dae?" Jungkook suddenly asked. Daehyun looked up, his mouth full. "Erm... I asked a co-worker about going on a date with you." Daehyun stared in shock. Jungkook had never been one subtlety. "Because you know, you haven't got a soulmate and neither does he so I asked. And I'm sorry but it didn't go too well but I still thought I would tell you." Taehyung and Daehyun both stared at him.

"Why-why, Kook?" Taehyung asked. Daehyun stayed silent.

"Because you're worried about Dae and all Yoo does at work is mope around and I thought maybe you two could be soulmates," Jungkook said quickly in an attempt to protect himself. He looked at Daehyun sadly. "I'm sorry Dae, but I thought maybe I could help."

Daehyun smiled slightly. "It's okay, Kookie. Don't worry about it. But if it's going to happen, I want to find my soulmate myself. But thank you."

Jungkook couldn't help but think that that was exactly what Youngjae had said.

Jungkook just hoped he was right.

___   ___

"Hyung!" Jongup cried out. "Can I show you the dance studio sometime?"

"Sure, Gup. I would love you see the floors you sweat over everyday," Youngjae said sarcastically.

Jongup, however, didn't catch the sarcasm. "Why?" he asked slowly.

"Nevermind, Gup."

The pair was sat on the couch in Youngjae's living room, all but lying on each other as they watched another episode of Running Man. Jongup still didn't want to return to his own house, claiming it was too quiet without Junhong, but Youngjae didn't mind. Youngjae welcomed another presence into his normally lonely house. Maybe he should get a pet after Jongup leaves. A dog would probably be better than a cat because it would show Youngjae as much love as Youngjae showed it. And then he could take it for long walks, something he'd always loved doing, and he'd be able to share it with the dog. Maybe a lab would be good? They were loyal pets and any dog would certainly fill the empty hole Youngjae was feeling. But then did he want to bother with a dog? It was always nice having peace and quiet and that would probably be ruined if he got a dog.

"-ung! Hyung! Are you listening?" Youngjae got pulled out of his inner ramblings. "Junnie is on Skype, he wants to say hi."

"Oh yeah, sorry Gup," Youngjae said, taking the phone out of Jongup's hands. "Hi Junnie!"

"Hi hyung!" Junhong squealed while waving dramatically. "How are you? Are you looking after my Guppie?" Youngjae could see Junhong pouting.

"Of course I'm looking after him! What do you expect?" Youngjae laughed.

"Thanks hyung!" Junhong said before turning round and shouting at something off screen.

"Is everything good there? How are Yongguk and Himchan hyungs?" Youngjae asked.

"It's brilliant hyung! And Tokyo is so beautiful, we'll all have to come visit sometime!" Junhong said before launching into a very detailed story about a ramen shop they had visited. "I know a hyung back home who would have loved it, but then again Dae hyung loves all food!" Junhong said finishing his tale and unknowingly plunging Youngjae into a recent memory. "Oh, and Yongguk and Himchan hyungs are working on the new musical together! Some guy they're working with sent some more scores over so they're going over them in the other room."

"Sorry, who likes food?" Youngjae asked after his mind had temporarily turned off.

"Oh, Daehyun hyung," Junhong said.

That name sounded familiar to Youngjae but he couldn't place where from or how. "Sorry who is-" Youngjae started.

"Sorry, hyung!" Junhong interrupted. "I have to go! Bye hyung! Bye Guppie!"

The screen went black.

And Youngjae just couldn't place that name.

 

 

---

Yay! Next part done!

Thank you for reading and thank you for those who have subscribed!

I hope you're enjoying it!